View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 BREEDING 
Handicapper

Post BREEDING
Does racing ur horses improve their breeding capabilities or could u retire ur horses unraced at 2 and get the same calibre of horse?

Obviously the ones that u want for the league would have to be raced another year or 2 but does anybody know the definitive answer?

Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:36 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: BREEDING
Racing doesn't affect your horses.

It doesn't make them faster, more consistent or make them breed better offsprings.

bazdev wrote:
could u retire ur horses unraced at 2 and get the same calibre of horse?

Yes

Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:27 pm
Handicapper

Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:37 pm
Group 1 winner

Greeness is the only thing that can be exported which you can alter with racing.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:48 pm
Group 3 winner

Post Re: BREEDING
Thunderspark wrote:
Racing doesn't affect your horses.

It doesn't make them faster, more consistent or make them breed better offsprings.

bazdev wrote:
could u retire ur horses unraced at 2 and get the same calibre of horse?

Yes

Hmm.. would like to see how your so sure. ;P

Btw I`ve never done that, I mean retire at 2yo, not sure you can even breed so young. I like to see they are good enough either in game , sand box or league before they transfer and breed. And been NH they`re usually 6yo+ so...

Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:11 am
Group 2 winner

I think the issue here would be that an un-raced 2yo means you would have no way of knowing if it was good enough for the breeding barn as ur trials in the CK wouldnt really be conclusive with a load of un-raced 2yos.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:19 pm
Handicapper

Yeah, I suppose I could trial at the end of 2yo season, whether raced or not and decide from there. I was just thinking of a quick way to get thru a few generations, my horses arent improving at all and I am 30 seasons in, gets tedious breeding 40-50 two year olds every year then waiting 2 full seasons (running em all) before seeing who is the best at 2/3

Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:41 pm
Group 2 winner

If this is your first season and you're struggling I would suggest this;

Start a game only looking for 5f horses.

Trial everything you can get your hands on in a season at 5f.

send the very best male, and best few fillies to stud.

do this for a few quick seasons, shouldn't take too long.

Once you have a breeding stock (only using the best male you have in your CK each season), keep going in the same manner.

Trial the ones you find (game horses) against your current lot, once a male is close to, or bearting them, then use him as your first breeder.

Making sure your first male is good is a key to getting a good line quickly.

Once you have that good male breed him with as many females as possible that trial well. Only trial the females with other females for now and use the best.

Keep doing this and you will get a decent bloodline going with your males quickly for 5f. After a while you will notice that a few horses actually start to need 6f. Trial these against your current lot at 6f and anythng beating them, use as a start for 6f bloodline.

This will continue through the distances. IMO this is the quickest way to get horses ready for the league, and get a few good runs from them, not challenging at the very top, but will possibly pick up a few lower rated H'capps.

This isn't what I would do if I had more time, but I think it may help you if you only have about a month to get going. I think you will notice your horses improve pretty quickly.

Hope something in there makes sense, and helps.

If you want any advice I will be happy to help out on msn if you're on it. don_vincenzo19@yahoo.com I have been using SO4 as a trial run now for SO5 so have a few new techniques etc...

Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:58 pm
Handicapper

Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]