View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Races and Targets for the NH season ahead? 
Group 1 winner

Post Races and Targets for the NH season ahead?
As the league is fast approaching, would like to here trainers thoughts about some of there horses targets for the season......

Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:52 pm
Group 1 winner

Again just used the flat cast off, but was very suprised at how well my bunch did last year, CHOPARILLA is a useful chaser and will take the normal 2m4f route most probably being aimed at the Ryan Air or Jewson. JOHNNY CAGE is probably my best 2 miler and will go for one of the smaller hurdle races at the festival, not sure any of them are supreme/champion class, the others the 2m chasers are not up to much but could suprise a few. INFINITE AWARD is a very versatile horse who will start off over hurdles and if performs there will head to a world hurdle but is also an extremely solid chaser and could win a hennessy as it is just as good as last years winner noble milan. Only other horse worth noting is TWILIGHT CHEER who will be aimed at the Welsh/Irish Nationals or maybe a Vodka Gold Cup sort of race. The rest aren't as good as last years bunch seem to be and after being pleasantly suprised last season I think everyone else will probably have taken a step forward this year, plenty of handicaps in there to be picked up though and I think I'll provide a few shocks at the top level with my 2m/2m4 horses getting better but further than that could be a struggle!

Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:03 pm
Handicapper

Managed to get 20 NH only seasons in before my game crashed and would'nt go past November 16th for some reason, I then lost heart and refused to start a new game so i'm hoping my league animals peform well so it relight's my fire so to speak.

Look out for No Principles she's a bold jumping mare who will go well in 2m hurdle races.

Middle distance I have a couple of nice hurdlers in Irish Guard & Shadow Song

Three mile Hurdlers Short Story & Morgans Bay will be challenging for honours.

My chasers are coming along nicely and over 2m i may have a very smart prospect in Riverside Bay, he's schooled well and im very happy.

Over middle distances Alinda & Laylas Smile should be competitive in handicaps.

Anything my 3m+ chasers do will be a bonus.

My long distance chasers could be anything but if the ground was to come up Firm at Aintree Neutrino would take all the beating

Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:54 pm
Group 1 winner

I have 12 horses in this season with two returning from last year. Like Nick all my horses are from the flat so have speed bred into them. Although saying this none of them are quick enough for 2 mile races and nearly all of my stable are aimed at staying distances, mostly the Moore's Millions if lm honest. I have high hopes for them too as a good show from my small NH yard last year filled me with hope. Now to the horses themselves

PACO BOY This filly will be aimed at the National in mind as all she does is stay.

MENORAH Another out and out stayer but doesn't like the fences at Aintree so will be aimed at long distance races away from Liverpool :lol:

GIBB RIVER A horse who shows up well in both hurdle's and Chase's around the 3 mile mark and after a few run's to see how good she is or isn't she may even be my Gold Cup horse.

TOMMY FAT FINGER'S This horse will be aimed at Moore's Millions and will hopefully win it. She can be a little dodgy at jumping but if she doesn't get too far behind she wont be far away.

PREMIUM FALLER This was named as if by chance, very good from 3m 6f right up too the national distance but has only finished 2 out of 10 races in trial's but both times destroyed everything so he takes his chance.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:15 pm
Group 1 winner

What a turn out for this season, didn't expect to see this many trainers in the NH :D

Cannot wait to see the new stars on show this season.

Here is a run down of some of horses targets for the upcoming season.....

Got a lot of talented 2mH for this season and am not sure who's the best yet. One think i do know is they all love Cheltenham.

Likeabatoutofhell - Will be aimed at the Queen Mother Champion Chase, this horse is my best ever chance of winning the race this season. He has so much speed and stays very well. One of my stable stars over 2mC.

Editorial Rush - Not sure i've named a better horse.. She has many targets for the season the main one will be the Neptunes at the festival over 2m5H, were i've been unlucky over the seasons. This could be the one to break that luck. Clear Mura Like ER is has tough as they come, he mother was one of the best 2m4H last season. She has got plenty of ability.

Skinkeyz - Never had a better 2m4/2m5 Chaser, he could go to the top this season. Very excited about his targets the main one will be the Ryanair Chase at the festival. Shabra Hill is another who i really like and he's a top class frontrunner, which i didn't have any last season.

Only have two 3m Hurdlers for this season, was intending of having three. But decided to go for the two. These two are very good but how good only time will tell, found it very hard in my game to improve my Hurdlers for this season.

The backend of last season i uploaded some 3m Chasers which turned out to be top class, am hopeful this season i've got some real stars for the start. I like them all and it will depend on the ground to which ones go for which races.

Miss Attitude, Globe Trotter, Hoop Fire - These 3 stayers are very good indeed, they all have there own targets, but i will be keeping that to myself :wink:

This is my strongest NH stable i've ever had, and it will need to be for the coming season.

Good luck to all trainers for the season. It's going to be the best yet am sure :D

Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]