View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 NHC Races Week 1 
Group 1 winner

Can l ask what day the horses rating will be up for NH and then for Flat?? Friday for both would be good to be able to enter hcaps on saturday

Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:19 pm
Handicapper

Tomorrow morning :wink:

I'm going away for the weekend so I'll have it ready early.

Awk Rich why not the night

Peeps will be in work in the morning cough cough

PLEASE

Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:13 pm
Group 1 winner

After That do we have seller and claimers in the online league its going to be a long long season :shock:

Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:08 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 2 winner

I think the best I finished was 5th :cry:

12 different trainers had winners today :D

Last edited by 17days on Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:38 pm
Group 1 winner

8) OMG... 4 winners although one on a slightly dubious photo.... so chuffed cant remember who or what race, so will do a summary later, off to bask in the puta 30 degree heat at 9.30pm ... roll on September.. PHEW...

well done to all and of course the team for making all this happen....

Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:07 pm
Group 1 winner

Great to be under way at last. Thanks to Rich et al for making it happen.

An encouraging start for my stable with 1 winner, 4 seconds, 3 thirds and several other runners putting up decent performances as well.

1. Marksman (4th) - Ran well without ever getting close enough to challenge.
2. Khyber Pass (3rd) - Good run and might have gone very close to winning but for a slow jump at the last.
3. Over The Top (2nd) - Really pleased with that. Had no chance with Thunderspark's winner.
4. Door Latch (F) - Fell 5th
5. Beautiful City (6th) - Doesn't stay this far so wasn't expecting much. In rear until running on late but was never at the races.
6. Peninsular (2nd) - Made too many mistakes today. Still had a leading chance until he tried to uproot the 2nd last and lost all momentum. Good run but could have been so much better.
7. Spring Chick (2nd) - Really good run to finish 2nd behind another Thunderspark hotpot.
8. Hazel Nut (9th) - Had every chance and just didn't find anything when it mattered. Disappointing.
9. Zambezi (F) - Fell 2nd. Also fell early in one of the pre-season trial races. Usually a good jumper though so not too worried yet.
10. Mrs Penny (5th) - Lead early and was prominent for a long way. Got outpaced when the race started in earnest before running on to take 5th. Needs to be ridden with a bit more restraint.
11. Ignition (4th) - Ran well. That's about as good as this one is.
13. Barney Magrew (3rd) - Pleased with the run but had no chance with Hemz winner.
14. For Sale (5th) - Raced in rear before getting a great run through on the rails. Beaten by better horses.
16. Spring Thing (5th) - Much better on good ground. Always struggling here so happy enough with 5th.
17. Dufflecoat (8th) - Flopped in the pre-season trials and again today. Goes really well at home so might be one of those horses that just doesn't produce the goods in the league.
18. Hurricane Joe (1st) - Great to get off the mark in week 1. This one is as tough as nails and relishes a battle. Win or lose, he'll run some cracking races this season. Next run will probably be in the Paddy Power hurdle at Limerick in week 2.
19. Gold Trader (6th) - Good horse and I hoped for a better run than that. Really poor today and surely can't run as bad again.
21. Wood Beez (2nd) - First time I viewed this race (in full), my horse won so I was a little miffed at being placed 2nd. However, subsequent viewings (watching the start and then hitting space bar) show that Anadin's horse won. Regardless of the result this one has run a cracker.
22. Golden Gun (3rd) - Ran really well until demolishing the 3rd last which really knocked the stuffing out of him. Well beaten at the finish but will get a lot closer to the first two if they meet again.
24. Keep Faith (6th) - Didn't jump well and never got involved.
25. Leon (10th) - Ran well for a long way before weakening. Much better over a shorter trip.

Well done all winners and placers

Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:44 pm
Handicapper

Didn't even know races had started, good luck each and all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:36 pm
Group 1 winner

Waabesh - Had said for some time I thought plenty of him, and that he'd be my World Hurdle horse for the season so for him to do it on debut over a course he isn't as good on is impressive. I have high hopes for him, and I expect the horse he has beaten to be good also (Hemz World Hurdle hope) so cant wait to see those two take each other on at Cheltenham.

Treasure Beach - Awful ride, up there then dropped back and flew home like it'd gained a fifth leg - will be winning races.

The others I didn't really expect much from but they ran creditably in defeat. :lol:

Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:39 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

So good to be back racing! Forgot just how good it is to see one of your own in with a shout. I must have jumped every fence with De Saintz, my winner in the 4m chase. Delighted to get 4 winners especially one over hurdles with my one and only decent hurdler.

1. Foxy Lady (12th) Just entered her to see where I am in this division. As expected the answer is - nowhere. Will be in handicaps fropm now on
3. Fox Bravo (11th) Another entered to see if I should try a few more in this division - guess not!
6. De Saintz (1st) Really pleased with her run - she has lit up my trials and was almost foot perfect here and won well.
11. Strange Lady (2nd) Delighted with showing and she was staying on nicely. An extra furlong might see her in even better light
13. Veloren Am Zoo (14th) Woeful showing - ran much too freely/prominently. Is a good bit better than this when at her best and should show up well in handicaps I hope
14 Zephyr Falcon (14th) Mistakenly entered in hurdles event so never expecting much. Should be seen to better effect in week 2 maiden chase
19 Kina De Waxon (1st) Won what looked like a decent event in what was likely the first of many duels with one of the Hemz runners
20 Saintly (1st) Was totally delighted with this as I was just hoping she was good enough. Has been in my yard for ages and I have nothing that gets close to her over timber. Will be aimed at all the big middle distance events
22 Stormy Kris (4th) My token staying hurdler. Ran quite well without ever threatening to win. Might pick up a little race down the line
23 Annaghbeg Millie (1st) Another nice winner in another battle with a Hemz runner. Not sure what her next target will be as my stable is heavily stacked with staying chasers. She will be following the soft ground in any event
24 Parthenian Falcon (7th) Probably capable of better but can be inconsistent

Congrats to all the winners and MANY THANKS to those who made it possible to get back racing again!

Padraig

Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:40 pm
Handicapper

Good to see the league underway. Happy with the results of the first week but it looks like my 3m chase/hurdlers are no where near group caliber. Looks like I'll have to rely on my 2m-2m4f hurdlers.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:11 am
Group 3 winner

Great to see the league underway Thanks to everyone that made it happen

two winners for me in week 1 about same as last season i think so happy with that

Great to see Special Occasion win well will now take him to Limerick for the Swinton Graded Race next week
one problem with him though after some more trailing at home im sure he only likes right handed courses so not sure on champion hurdle :o

Raintoday - another great win here soft ground really helped today will go for the 2m1f nhf race next week and hopeing she gets the extra furlong

Great week only disappointment was my 2m chase runners hope they improve next week oh and Pink Rose thought she would be unbeatable on soft ground looks like you have a star 2mH there Tony

Well done to all winners and placers

Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2