View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 NHC Races Week 1 
Group 1 winner

Post NHC Races Week 1
http://www.sopl.info/files/tom/season12 ... /nhc01.zip

No point in delaying...let the games begin.

Thoughts, comments and trainer reaction all below please. Looks to be a very open season.

I was a little disappointed with much of my lot. Enemy of the State might be better over 2m4f but I'm going to put his defeat down to a good jumping performance from Padraig's Irish raider. Open Wide completely missed the start and struggled to get back on terms, she probably needs a furlong further. Oscan was my other big hope but his jumping isn't great and he fell very early. Carpe Diem has been putting Pickpocket (who returns this week) in his place at home and came through this test well. Hemz's Borget Poker and her drew well clear of the rest although she put in a better jumping round so I can foresee some good battles in the future on the road to the World Hurdle.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:52 pm
Handicapper

Everytime i go to watch the races my game crashes and i go back to desktop, i've re-patched my patch and the races are in my Program data / starters orders 4 / exports / league races.

Any ideas guys?

EDIT
I can open horse files and create race but not view race it just crashes back to desktop

Last edited by jackdaw on Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:03 pm
Group 3 winner

Sounds like something's conflicting. You'll have to remove your game and re-install, though back up your exported horse files![/u]

Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:06 pm
Handicapper

Sounds like something's conflicting. You'll have to remove your game and re-install, though back up your exported horse files![/u]

Horses backed up and uninstalling, oh before i do how do you back up horses in the transfer pool can i patch to the latest patch straight away?

Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:08 pm
Group 1 winner

What is your email address jackdaw. I might have a file to fix that problem on my pc somewhere.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:13 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

That's a bit odd jackdaw, try loading up a game then save/exit straightaway and go back into the CK. It can sometimes be a locality issue.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:19 pm
Group 1 winner

Totally dissapointed with all my horse's if lm honest, the pace in the race this year is a lot different (true test) to last year and might just be finding out the poorer jumpers, which is most of mine :cry:

Can see some records being smashed this year and a lot of faller's all year which makes it wide open championship

Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:47 pm
Handicapper

Cheers for the replies guys, i backed everything up then un-installed / re-installed and everythings ok.

As far as my runners go, very disapointing with the exception of Royal Dignitary in the 4m maiden at Market Rasen.

So maybe i should'nt have backed up my horses and I should start again off this fresh install, there is going to be another season with SO4 right?

Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:58 pm
Handicapper

Only 1 horse I was happy with In Race 8 Lyla finished 3rd in the 2m 2f Maiden Hurdle. Hopefully this has not ruined her handicap mark as this is probably the best she is.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:00 pm
Group 1 winner

Great to see the league finally up and running. Many thanks to Rich, Colm, Kenny and the rest for making it happen :D

Here a run down on my horses for this week.....

Japanese (5th). Pleasing run this week, having got checked in running 4f out stayed on well for 5th. Hooley has got a top class 2mH again this season. He is the 2m King of the NH league. Thunderparks horse stayed on well for 2nd. Better things are expected of this horse later in the season.
Karaka Jack (6th). Never really got into the race, will do better am sure. Scatters horse won well from the front. Congrats mate.
I Kick Ass (3rd). Happy with 3rd this week, made a blunder 2 out which didn't help. Will be in the shake up for the top 4yo races this season. Congrats Thunderpark.
Brave Echo (4th). Another one who made a blunder at a crucial stage in the race. A nice run all the same, she's a talented 2mC. Sure there is much more to come from her.
Active Duty (11th) . Disappointed with the run this week, never got into the race at all. She's much better than this at home, needs to jump better as well. Good win by Fixit's horse, solid jumping round there.
Hoop Fire (3rd) . Nice 3rd this week, will need softer ground to be seen at her best. Congrats Padriag, you are the one to watch with your stayers this season imo.
Clear Mura (3rd). Happy with 3rd this week, jury is still out wether she has the speed for 2m4f in the league. Really like her and her homework is top draw. Congrats Thunder, looks like a top class mare you have there.
J T Morgan (7th) . Shocking ride by the jockey. Expect much better over the season. Nothing in the race, only 9L seperated the field.
Shabra Hill (3rd). Thought the trip was a little short for him this week and it showed, still pleased with the run. He has a touch of class about him and is one of my best 2m4/2m5 Chasers. Expecting much better things.
Maeglin Ancalime (1st). Was woundering if i was ever going to have a winner!! Seroius horse with a serious engine, got very high expectations with this horse. His bloodlines are in most of my current Chasers.
Globe Trotter (1st). Excellent performance from GT this week. Really happy with my stayers this season, worked very hard on them. Miss Attitude is even better than her. Welsh National type.
Moujik Borget (6th). Little annoyed by this run this week, just didn't pick up. The winner looks top class and will be the early FAV for the World Hurdle. The horse loves Cheltenham and will be expecting much better things from him.
Jack Mor (1st). Top class 2mC, on soft ground he is unbeatable at home. Should bag a G1 this season.
State Elegant (4th). Looked a hot race this week for Females, happy with 4th place. She doesn;t act has good on soft ground. She's defo one for later in the season when the ground is faster.
Aurora County (1st). My chasers are much better than my hurdlers this season, were as last season i had better Hurdlers. She is class in her own right and will win Graded races this season, may even have a crack at a G1.
Stand Clear (4th). Nice effort this week, quirky horse. Which can be very good one day and very bad the next. Will have fun with him this season.
Cookie Crumbles (2nd). Was worried about running her this week, has she didn't trail well at any of these tracks. Very nice run, the winner looks very good. Roll on Cheltenham, Gold Cup is her target, she loves that hill and the course.
Editorail Rush (3rd). Expected better here tbh. Still a very nice run, the winner looks class. Needs soft/heavy ground to be seen at her best. Big hopes for the season. Main Target is the Neptunes at the festival.
Likeabatoutofhell (4th). Didn't jump at all this week. After saying that it way a good effort to finish 4th. He is better than Jack Mor so expecting much better things. Queen Mother is the main target along with all the other G1 2m Chasers this season.
Borget Poker (2nd). The winner and BP look very smart indeed, they pulled along way clear from the field. Another top 3mH you have on your hands they Rich.
Allez Hoop (2nd). Great battle with the hogan runner, nice race. The 2 putting clear from the rest. Irish National type.
Skinkeyz (1st). Best horse in stable and the one race i was looking forward to the most this week. It will take a serious horse to beat him over 2m5fC this season. Ryanair Chase is the target all season.
What A Charm (3rd) Tight race with the field seperated by 7L. Nice race to finish week 1 off. Pleased with him this week, should pick up some races this season.

Great start for me this week with 5 winners and a bunch of placed efforts.

Congrats to all the winners and place setters, roll on week 2 :D

Last edited by Hemz on Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:43 pm
Handicapper

My Main Hope Crazy Foal Fell, Hoping for better days with Him

Some Great Races gonna be a great season by the look of things

Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:08 pm
Group 3 winner

We want flat! We want flat! We want flat! :lol:

Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:38 pm
Selling plater

We want flat! We want flat! We want flat! :lol:

What this man says!!

Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:32 pm
Group 1 winner

I'm going away for the weekend so I'll have it ready early.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:58 pm
Group 1 winner

Absolute mare for me! 1 3rd, 2 best chances fell, despite that mine need better ground and were not too far off. Everyone has definetly improved in the NH, I never really focused on it which is a shame, I should have done as that's where my success came last year, well done all winners!

Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next