View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 UKRA Week 1 Races 
Handicapper

Grats to all winners and placers. Special grats to Keithbeaky for his first win in his first year.

Nice to see the league finally running. Special thanx to all involved which kept the league going. Also EPW for doing a lot of work for handicapping and doing a Newsletter (can't wait to see that!)

Some disappointments and some unexpected results but thats to be expected in big fields in dirt tracks. The horses running wide are at a real disadvantage so no one should worry about the first week.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:29 pm
Group 1 winner

A winner, by 4L, and a third is great. As everyone had some bad draws and one or two seemed to want a a furlong further. And a few maybe could drop down a furlong. I wont go into detail as I'll give the handicap cert away!

Thank to all for making this happen and its great to be involved!

Thanks Thunder, that does mean a great deal!!

Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:37 pm
Selling plater

First ever time in the League only got 3 runners in total and based of the first two of those running I'm a little of the standard. :D

Really enjoying it and consoling myself with the fact one runner got worked up before the off and never got in the race and the other was about 8/9 wide for the whole race.

Looking forward to competing in those handicaps. :lol:

Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:08 pm
Group 1 winner

Great to get week 1 out the way and get an angle to how good or bad horse's are. fantastic show from John (Scatter's) and will be hard to beat l think again.

1. APRIL ROMP 2nd Had a nice draw and made good use just emptied near the finish.
3. OTHER HANDICAP 5th Thought she was the winner a furlong out but weakened very badly.
4. SILLYNESS TIME 22nd In the car park draw wise and run aswell as could be expected. Low mark because of this so a hcap route for now.
5. ANNE TUDOR 11th ran a good race if lm honest and stayed on nicely. Might take a step up in trip next time
7. BIG ROLE 14th Bit miffed here, one of my top horse's at home and even with wide draw dissapointed
8. NICE SPACE 10th I like this 2yo alot and had to run at wrong trip as no other options so was a taking performance for me.
10. MAIL MAN 4th had no luck in running at all and with a clear run would of gone close. Interesting
15. PACO GIRL 18th[u] Another dissapointing run and scratching my head a little
16. SUMMER RECLUSE
15th
22. PHYSCO
1st Joint emotion's, l believe this is my best chance of a group 1 this year but l wanted a hcap out of her first.Fire Nymph went such a pace it was enough of a test for her. She want's 2m 6f in reality!!!!
23. LISTEN TO MAGOO
16th[u] Ran a strange race and might just be average at best

Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:16 pm
Group 1 winner

Didn't do all the write ups, there is too much to do. I echo Thundersparks comments well done keithbeaky!!!
Well done to all and some very exciting races.

R1 Alexa Drive 1st – Lingfield 3yo 1400m, even though I am very glad I won this race and broke the track record of 1.21.81, would not have won this race if not drawn in barrier 4 out of 26 starters. April Romp (Mike Westwood) was a gallant 2nd and is a class filly but you have to feel sorry for Castaway 3rd (Thunderspark). Blocked for a run twice and was no better than 5 deep throughout to be back only ½ L from the winner. Boom filly and will win over this trip. Forog 4th (Matthew Tully) looked unbeatable with 200m to go, quickly sprinting away from them at the 350m mark but got collared 70m out and tired. I would love to see what this horse can do at 6f. There was also merit in the run as it was blocked momentarily twice before getting clear running. Other horses to look out for are Namibian Plane (J Taylor), Like What You See (Steve Rann) and the eye catching run of Imperieuse Class (A Cripps).
Adam can you tell us a little bit about Imperieuse Class? I.e. best distance, going, course etc?

R2 Annabay 1st – Lingfield 3yo 3400m, absolutely overjoyed with this win as I consider my 3200+ distance horses not up to par with the rest of my stable. I could be wrong though as Annabay broke the track record at 3.51.24 with an impressive and strong win. I had never tested her on the dirt before so she may come back to them on the turf but quite excited about her future. Well done to Imposter 2nd (P Hogan) and Jardines Lookout 3rd (J Taylor).

R3 Reckless 4th – Lingfield 3yo 1800m, good effort to come 4th here from the widest gate 29. Don’t think it would have beaten the winner Fimble (Thunderspark) as it was clearly stronger towards the line even pulling away from my runner. Definitely the one to watch over the coming weeks and looks champion quality. Right Move 2nd (Team DOZA) was a fantastic run and will be hard to beat and Double Trouble 3rd (A Cripps) powered home well. Would like to see these all run in smaller fields to see what the outcome would be but you can’t go past the winner. Looking forward to meeting up with these horses again.

R4 Justify 2nd – Lingfield 3yo 1000m, was always going to be hard from a wide gate but full credit to Cichlid City 1st (Vinny Gerrard). Lot of good runs here especially some from a wide gate.

R5 Truce 1st – Lingfield 2yo 1400m, this race gave me the most joy since its best distance is 1600m but is still very good over 1400m. From the naked eye I thought Zelse 2nd (Thunderspark) just held on to win but when the horses are that far apart at the finishing post it normally goes to the outside runner. Nevertheless Zelse is a very good horse and will be hard to beat in the coming weeks. Top Three 3rd (D Hooley) was a good effort.
To the naked eye it might not have seemed like it had any chance but Shake N Shazoom 8th (A Cripps) had the quickest sectional from the 450m to the 200m mark where it got blocked. Very unlucky and together with its blocked run at the 850m mark when it wanted to go forward and get closer it made the race all the more difficult to win. Keep your eye on it.

R6 Jeune 1st – Lingfield 4yo+ 2400m, my favourite in my entire stable. She won well here breaking the track record and clocking 2.31.47. She safely held these and her main goal this season is to win the Dubai Sheema Classic over 2400m on the turf. If she wins hopefully she will be considered in the Hall Of Fame.

R8 Sepoy 4th – Kempton 2yo 1200m, my bloke ran 4th but I think this race holds the run of the day. The way Markab 1st (D Hooley) won was incredible. Mr Hooley you have some youngster there pal. Championship 2yo in the making. Showed an incredible burst last 150m to win going away. I hope I haven’t jinxed it.

R9 Danendri 2nd – Kempton 4yo+ 2800m, Silver Charm (Team Doza) won well here with Central House 3rd (R Coates), Pliesbe 4th (Thunderspark) and Eastern Aria 5th (J Taylor) all smart types. Danendri was on the bubble to go to the NHC this season because he is the best 5000m chaser I have. I’m hoping he can win a few races this season but the competition looks very good.

R10 Courageous Gal 1st – Kempton 2yo 1800m,

R12 Shoot Out 1st – Kempton 3yo 2600m,

R13 Roya 2nd – Kempton 4yo+ 1200m, good win by Ajax (Thunderspark) here and will be hard to beat again. Nightingale 3rd (R Coates) also ran a good race.

R14 Jezabeel 4th – Kempton 3yo 3000m, Cinderbluff 1st (Thunderspark) and Vaiaku 2nd (R Coates) look a cut above with Ferris Bueller 3rd ( D Robertson) also looking a cups hope. They are going to be the ones to catch.

R15 Atomic Force 1st – Wolverhampton 2yo 1000m, inside draw a great advantage here and solid efforts by Jimmy Styles 2nd (J Taylor), Lights And Music 3rd (Team DOZA). Click 7th (A Cripps) deserves a special mention as it was out in the car park throughout the race but only managed to be beaten by 2 L.

R16 Avionics 1st – Kempton 2yo 1600m,

R17 Prince Salieri 4th – Wolverhampton 3yo colts over 2200m. Very competitive race and all three place getters are very good indeed. Tulip 1st (R Coates) dashed to the lead just at the right time to hold off The Hood 2nd (D Robertson) who was coming home late with a second surge and Grizzlebee 3rd (Thunderspark) who didn’t shirk his task and went gamely to the line. All these are top Derby Chances.

R18 Red Planet 1st – Wolverhampton 4yo+ 2000m, group one winning mare from last season returning and impressive on debut this season with ½ L win over Double Click 2nd (A Cripps) who headed my horse and held him for a little while before my horse came back to win. This showed that Double Class is up there with the best of them and is G1 quality and my horse needs to have his mind on the job or else she will get downed. Merry Go Round 3rd (Team DOZA) probably was the run of the race never being better than 8 deep through out and only managed to be 1 ½ L back. On top of that, was blocked twice in running. Very strong performance and will trouble the first two when they meet again. Will not be surprised to see him turn the tables. Another one to watch is Brazen Allie 4th (P Hogan) very unlucky and would not surprise if she upstaged the lot of them. All in all intriguing rivalries with many hopeful winners.

R19 Rhossi Star 1st – Southwell 3yo 3800m,

R21 Native Drive 1st – Southwell 4yo+ 1600m,

R23 Dealers Gold 1st – Southwell 3yo 1400m,

R24 Bold Alliance 2nd – Southwell 3yo 2200m, Cyber Day 1st (Thunderspark) was definitely the run of the race here as it travelled wide throughout and sill managed to win. Good strong effort and beating the colts time as well. Sassy N Slick 3rd (A Cripps), Fair Summer 4th (Team Doza) and Rooftop 5th (D Robertson) are right in the mix here for the coming weeks. The top five horses are all Oaks chances.

Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:21 am
Group 1 winner

In the ck Forog can not and will NEVER get near Fat Bald Welshy over 6f so although I am going to run Forog over 6f I still think she may be outpaced. We'll see, John!
Saying that Fat Bald Welshy, named after a friend, "could" be well handicapped.

As said before its nice to receive congrats from two of the top trainers. But without either of you posting your breeding tips I wouldn't have any horses close to the ones I have now, so thanks to both of you - Scatters and Thunder.

John I look forward to Rhossi Star and Late Run running against eacb other again! Well done on your numerous winners, bit greedy if you ask me!

Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2