View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 UKRA Week 1 Races 
Group 1 winner

Post UKRA Week 1 Races
http://www.sopl.info/files/tom/season12 ... s/uk01.zip

Handicap marks in case you cannot wait until 5pm tonight:

http://www.sopl.info/files/tom/season12 ... atings.xls

10 different winners this week which is a lot considering the races were all maidens.

Complaints about the draw/jockey/pace/wind etc. below.

Compliments abouts the draw/jockey/pace/wind etc. below too.

Great comms from Scatters and remember, 1 day 16 hours til uploads close.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:08 am
Selling plater

Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:28 am
Group 1 winner

Well done, Woodie. I'll have to check later as out all day but look forward to watching the races.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:43 am
Group 2 winner

Not a good week for me (is it ever?) so I'm expecting a few low handicap marks Steve :wink:

But I did manage to get a 5th.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:46 am
Group 3 winner

Firstly, this week is a great week. The hard work been put into the league behind the scenes to get the league back on track is commendable, so thanks to those who worked on getting the league back up and running. It's also nice to see the forum happy and not constant tit for tat.

Secondly, well done to all the winners and places.

Thirdly, I could moan about jockeys and wide draws, handicap marks, etc. But it's all part of the game and adds to the fun of trying to place them in the correct races now they're handicapped.

Bring on week 2!

Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:04 pm
Group 1 winner

Well done to all.

Although I do fancy with these past races (jockeys/wide etc) there is going to be some good horses with some very low handicaps.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:33 pm
Group 1 winner

DIRE!

Well done to all.

Although I do fancy with these past races (jockeys/wide etc) there is going to be some good horses with some very low handicaps.

Inevitable I am afraid.

Easy winners of handicaps will be heavily punished though. :D

Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:58 pm
Handicapper

Great Races,happy with my main 2 hopes Marty Clarke and Bonzai

Roll on Week 2

Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:00 pm
Group 1 winner

Well done all winners and placers.

Not a good week for me (is it ever?) so I'm expecting a few low handicap marks Steve :wink:

I've clobbered your horses with weight - sorry :D

PS: Only kidding

Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:00 pm
Group 2 winner

17days wrote:

I've clobbered your horses with weight - sorry :D

PS: Only kidding
Haha, Ive just looked at handicap ratings Steve, good work mate. I think some of my horses are still running :(

Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:32 pm
Group 1 winner

It is pretty scary when one of scatters comes from the outside stall and claims fourth though :lol:

Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:15 pm
Group 1 winner

It is pretty scary when one of scatters comes from the outside stall and claims fourth though :lol:

Doubt we will be seeing any of John's horses in handicaps.

Really looking forward to week three races.

Should be great fun this year.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:08 pm
Group 1 winner

Echoing what Liam said really, great to see the league back up and running again! Thank you too all involved! Well done to all winners and placers, everyone has improved and despite taking a lot of the maidens a lot of people are getting much closer to scatters (shouldn't have given those breeding tips out now eh! Haha!) Top stuff as usual from scatters though, nothing really done the business for me, but had some bad draws and some good top 10 finishes in big racecards, so will be looking at some of the top handicaps!!

For me a lot of the early runners had major draw and traffic problems! Etre Deux Sivola was suprisingly up there in the 14f race, Apple A Day finished 9th despite a bad draw, stressed at the start and having to go 10 wide on the bend, I think it was impressive! Frizzarilla was there the whole time and will improve for the extra furlong, the Derby is looking like it may be another realistic prospect although Rich looks like he might have another Cigar on his hands! Fire Power bitterly dissapointing but was in poor form, Motu finished quickly and will win a race I think, rest not really worth a mention but roll on the handicaps

Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:54 pm
Group 3 winner

Cant believe i got a winner and afew placers really didnt expect that thought i would be looking at handicap races for all mine :D

thanks for races and comms really enjoyed them

well done to all winners and placers

Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:01 pm
Group 1 winner

Great to be racing again. Thanks to all involved. And thanks to John for the commentaries.

1. Melting Moment (7th) - Ran ok until dropping out of contention in the last furlong which is a bit of a worry.
2. Young Turk (7th) - Ran a huge race and was bang there with a furlong to go. He doesn't stay this trip and faded in the closing stages but I knew that would happen.
5. Bright Spark (6th) - Drawn and raced wide. Did well to get as close as she did. Will be a contender in the top 2 year old races when we start racing on proper tracks.
6. Intoxication (5th) - Didn't get the best of trips, so happy enough with 5th.
7. Scandalous (6th) - Loves firmer going and will be much more competitive on turf. Could never land a blow in this race.
9. Broken (7th) - Boxed in for a lot of the race, but found very little when she did see daylight.
10. Dare To Dream (10th) - Had every chance but found zilch over the last 2 furlongs.
11. Rated X (1st) - Ran some good races last season, including placed efforts in both the Goodwood and Melbourne Cups. Really pleased he managed to hang on and get his first win. The Rose Diamond Stakes at Ascot in week 7 is his target.
12. Happy Feet (9th) - Given a Herculean task by the jockey and was never able to get close enough to challenge.
13. Forgetmenot (13th) - Very encouraging despite the lowly finishing position. She just about stays 5 furlongs so was always going to struggle to last home from such a wide draw (drawn "18").
14. Cow Pie (7th) - Trip was too far and she weakened out of it in the last furlong. Season target for this one is the Ebor.
19. Richard Cranium (4th) - Good effort. Lost his position, and a good few lengths, about 5 furlongs out before running on well in the last furlong.
24. Black Beauty (8th) - Ran ok. Should improve for an extra furlong.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next