View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 UK Week 2 Races 
Group 1 winner

Mine ran well from mostly wide draws. Some excellent winners, well done all, and although this is my first season I share the excitement of many who seem to think this is going to be a great and highly competitive season.

Some of mine didn't run again as I think their handicap mark is too good. But it would seem that many trainers feel that way!

Some great bets landed but off the top of my head I dont think there was that much damage done. I wanted to lay everything ew as the figures were excellent, bar one race, and only pay 3 places!!!

Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:26 pm
Group 1 winner

Absolutely delighted to see the back of the all weather dog tracks and the rediculous draw bias. For me, the season proper starts next week and I would expect most of my stable to improve for a whiff of the green stuff.

As for my runners in week 2:

1. Div 2 Sapphire (8th) - Wasn't good enough. Will be interested to see how she runs on turf cause I think she is much better than she showed here.
2. Box Of Sparks (18th) - Didn't handle the track and never ran his race. This is a seriously good 2 year old who could now be very well handicapped for future races.
4. Div 1 Forest Cat (19) - Drawn 24. Handicapper at best and is really in my stable to make up the numbers.
4. Div 2 Forest Prince (8th) - Pleasing debut. Better over 5f. Should have gone to my jumps stable as a 5 year old, but I found out to late just what a good 2m chaser he is.
10. Warlock (2nd) - Really good effort. No chance with the Winner who looks a smart prospect.
16. Young Turk (4th) - Good run although I can't help feeling slightly disappointed. Looked to be travelling really well 2f out but found very little under pressure.
17. Richard Cranium (5th) - Ran well but weakened in the last furlong. Surprised by that as I thought the trip would really suit.
18. Remembrance (5th) - Ran well and had every chance. Beaten by better horses.
20. Div 1 Cat Thief (16th) - Never sighted, stable lad still out looking for her.
20. Div 2 Zebedee (9th) - Didn't get the best of trips and was given too much to do anyway.
23. Over The Hill (9th) - Ran ok, just wasn't good enough.

Well done all winners and placers

Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:33 pm
Group 1 winner

Rich when will handicap ratings be on tom, I'm out at 6pm tonight (possibly for weekend) so need to make my entries before that if poss.

Definitely after 6pm I'm afraid. If Kenny has the spreadsheet he could upload it here? Happy to allow that.

Make a call though, winners of maidens will be rated 100 so work backwards from there.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:55 pm
Group 3 winner

scotty64 wrote:
Rich when will handicap ratings be on tom, I'm out at 6pm tonight (possibly for weekend) so need to make my entries before that if poss.

Definitely after 6pm I'm afraid. If Kenny has the spreadsheet he could upload it here? Happy to allow that.

Make a call though, winners of maidens will be rated 100 so work backwards from there.

None of mine ran first week so I'm unable to make any noms apart from my 3 from last year who are all rated 97-99 at the mo which should drop a little after this weeks performances!!

Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:58 pm
Group 1 winner

Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:00 pm
Group 3 winner

Only one run needed for a handicap bud.

I know, first run this week for all mine and with no handicap marks showing in tom it's saying I have no horses eligable for noms for handicaps. :(

Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:42 pm
Group 1 winner

TOM should have ratings now, most will be wrong though

Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:50 pm
Handicapper

Grats to all winners and placers. Nice to see really good competition in some of the races. Scatter's horses have some challengers this season but his stable looks very strong.

Two winners for me this week and something like 7 2nds. Some horses ran too wide but thats racing. The tight turns are a real killer. The good part is that some of my horses will be given low rating and can try handicaps.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:05 pm
Selling plater

Can somone tell me how I can view the races on a netbook? the view race button is outside the screen. everything else on the game is fine

Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:08 pm
Group 1 winner

What's the problem with the ratings Rich, have they not saved?

Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:19 pm
Group 2 winner

Are the ratings now correct?

Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:24 pm
Group 1 winner

Well done all winners and placers :D

Are the ratings now correct?

You will know when they are correct when all maiden winners are rated 100.

Just checked Scatters stable. Doesn't look like they have been corrected yet.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:18 pm
Group 1 winner

All done now. Hopefully I didnt make any mistakes :lol:

edit: yeah it was cocked up steve, found the problem and entered them again, should be fixed for the future

Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:11 pm
Group 1 winner

R2 1st Theseo – Promising 1600m runner who will be aimed at the G1 Racing Post Trophy at Doncaster in week 10 for 2yo’s.
R3 1st Ringaringarosie – top effort from my filly who tried her heart out but couldn’t go with Missed Shorties. The winner was very good and looking forward to meeting up again.
R4 2nd Sara Horizon – well done to the winner here as my horse couldn’t match Fun Colours for speed. Will be an interesting battle in the coming weeks. Fun Colours will win again.
R7 1st Gunner Lass – Fantastic win here as it was a dogged fight in the concluding stages with Tunguska.
R10 3rd Quick Flick – the wide barrier was her downfall and it was an encouraging run to get 3rd. The winner Ring That Alarm looks top shelf.
R15 8th Prince Salieri – very disappointing effort by my bloke and congrats to the winner Supremo. Will now be forced to go down the handicap route to see if I can get its confidence up.
R16 7th Jezabeel – starting to look like a flop and may have to go the way of handicaps to get some victories. The winner Ferris Bueller looks like a good group horse.
R20 2nd Rainbow Galaxy – no excuses for coming 2nd , the winner Regal Form is just a very good horse and will be hard to beat in future.
R21 1st Danendri – Good win here as it loves racing over 2600m and showed a good turn of foot the last 200m to win well.
R23 1st Starspangledbanner – my star guineas hopeful and has been very impressive in trials. In real life starspangledbanner is noted as a sprinter but in Australia has won the prestigious G1 guineas event at Caulfield over 1600m. So the distance does suit.
R24 1st Bold Alliance – pleased to get to the winners circle and she is my hopeful oaks entrant. Will find the task difficult as she is very average at Epsom but goes well at other tracks especially at Ascot.
R25 1st Spellbound – was always going to be hard to beat with the inside draw. Dysthymia challenged late because she was blocked for a run 300m out and would have been hard to hold out. Unlucky and the one to watch.
R26 21st Jetstream – Very disappointing effort and we have had the vet check him over but nothing out of the ordinary was found. Killbox won well here and looks untouchable. Not sure where to go with this one, maybe handicaps.
R27 1st Sepoy – bounced back to winning form after fair first up 4th to classy Markeb in week 1. Looking for redemption but it will be a hard task.
R29 1st Zamination – Very happy with my 10f filly. Will be contesting G1 10f races throughout the season.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:20 am
Group 1 winner

Jetstream has a ludicrous handicap mark, you're lucky I'm not the handicapper because all of yours would be rated minimum 100 :lol:

A bit of analysis of a few of mine:

Griseus (7th): My 1000 Guineas hope, was drawn badly but performed well enough. I still don't think she is Group 1 class but maybe later on in the season when the better horses have penalties...

Bad Band (2nd): Plum draw and I thought she would win from there but Killbox is clearly different class. Stars And Clouds is one to watch from this race.

Piercing (4th): Racing over an inadequate trip and from a wide draw this mare has done very well and will be aimed for the Coronation.

Power (8th): She did better over an inadequate trip last week so I'm a little mystified. Maybe I should stick to 1m5f.

Arrowhead (2nd): Another drawn very well but found one too good.

Vaiaku (3rd): Needs a much stronger pace to be seen at her best. Hopefully she'll get that in the bigger races.

Snow Fairy (2nd): 2nd to a Scatters hotpot that was drawn better but the winning margin was a touch comfortable.

Duke of Florence (5th): 2000 Guineas hope, got a bit worked up and hit the front a little early but still performed well.

Power of Love (15th): Drawn out wide again but couldn't get into the race.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next