View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 5:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 UK Week 2 Races 
Group 1 winner

Post UK Week 2 Races
http://www.sopl.info/files/tom/season12 ... kra02a.zip

Comm bonanza this week from Scatters.

Ratings are not yet updated to TOM, I will aim to get this done asap but just be a little wary if entering handicaps now.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:23 pm
Group 3 winner

I'll describe my failures in due course.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:26 pm
Group 3 winner

Well done to those who won and placed this week.

Missed Shorties got my season going with a narrow victory. Possibly should of been a further victory half way through the card with On The Way having a truly awful trip through the final 5f.

Disseray was too far back early on sadly, but ran on stoutly to finish 2nd to one of John's horses rated 95 from last week, so that is positive too. Bit disappointed Latina couldn't last out home in a staying maiden, but possibly needs dropping back once more.

My own error led to Tiddliwinks' downfall, the drop to a sharp 5f clearly didn't suit, so i'll be aiming him at the better 6f races at minimum from now - High Chapperal as John said in commentary does look different gravy.

Apart from the afore mentioned horses, the rest were disappointing or ran badly as expected - now it's onto the handicaps for most of us! See you all on track again next week.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:52 pm
Group 1 winner

Cheers Rich, well done all winners and placers! Especially High Chaperal, does look special, and Scatters cleaning up as usual and providing top commentary!!

So shocked after yesterday's performances, a win and plenty of top 5's!

Fire Power (3rd) - Solid performance didn't pick up enough and has an awesome turn of foot, will be group level.

Grand Prix Boss (5th) - Had the plum draw, wasn't quite good enough but decent performance nonetheless.

Etre Deux Sivola (3rd) - Most shocked with her, looked useless in trials but has done great here so far, possible ebor type.

Rush Of Blood (2nd) - my 2nd best 2yo shows that she is useful, actually best over 6f so ill be expecting a lot more to come and the Albany is a prime target.

Frizzarilla (3rd) - definetly improved for the step up in trip and is now will go to the Derby as my best chance ever!

Apple A Day (1st) - My favourite horse! One of the first and always destroyed everything in trials with a punishing turn of foot!! Got to give it to the jockey, found the right gaps at the right time and then turned the screw and there was no catching! Will be a big player in the 2yo 1m-1m2 races and aim is poss the criterium st cloud over 10f at the end of the year.

Chiffre Le Destruval (4th) - Pleasantly suprised! Found the right way round right on the rail and gave everything! Could be a Prix Du Jockey Club horse.

Motu (5th) - Another solid performance but had to go wide the whole way round, expect heaps of improvement from him.

Barely Evening (5th) - Had the perfect route through but just wasn't good enough to speed through the gaps! Will still be a leading contender for the Oaks hopefully.

Also look out for Casualty (11th) good turn of foot, traffic problems. Geomorph (10th) had to go wide the whole way, this is a good horse.

Well done all again!

Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:17 pm
Group 3 winner

A lot of bad draws this week, most of my best horses had to race wide so expecting improvement to come with better draws.

High Chapperal did it nicely, I had 5pts e/w on with keith @ 12's so maybe someone in our stable knew something....... :wink:
A good draw next week for 1 or 2 of my horses and it could turn into a procession...........watch the betting guys!! :D

Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:37 pm
Group 1 winner

My 2yos are absolute poo. When do people export theirs? I do it around November when they have maxed out their stamina but I usually export the 3/4/5s on August 1st.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:22 pm
Group 2 winner

My 2yos are absolute poo. When do people export theirs? I do it around November when they have maxed out their stamina but I usually export the 3/4/5s on August 1st.

I find the first few days in September are best.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:33 pm
Group 3 winner

I export mine on 25th august every year, mine are not great but I've tried exporting in march, aug and nov and found aug to be the best imo.

Last edited by scotty64 on Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:35 pm
Group 1 winner

Will give that a go and see if there is any improvement. Bit late now though!

Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:50 pm
Group 2 winner

Well done Scotty with High Chapperal nice performance hope Wiqaaya gets to race with him over 6f be better for her :lol:
Got a little back off Keith e/w @ 25's

Well done to all winners & placers

Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:57 pm
Group 3 winner

Thanks alot Rich & Scatters

Well done Scotty with High Chapperal nice performance hope Wiqaaya gets to race with him over 6f be better for her :lol:
Got a little back off Keith e/w @ 25's

Well done to all winners & placers

He probably wont stay 6f, I didnt think he was that good over 5f. Excited for Next week now. :D

Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:21 pm
Group 3 winner

Rich when will handicap ratings be on tom, I'm out at 6pm tonight (possibly for weekend) so need to make my entries before that if poss.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:31 pm
Group 1 winner

Well done to Team DOZA with 4 wins!!!

J Taylor, D Robertson & P Hogan all with 3 wins each. Also D Hooley & Thunderspark with 2 wins and Liam Durkin, Scott Wood, A Cripps, Nick Driver & Vinny Gerrard with wins too. Well done lads.

I did a statistical analysis on the gate winners this week. As we are all well aware Lingfield, Kempton, Wolverhampton and to a lesser degree Southwell are tight turning tracks and wanted to know which gates won in week 2.

Winners out of 30 races:

Gate 1 – 5
Gate 2 – 5
Gate 3 – 3
Gate 4 – 1
Gate 5 – 2
Gate 6 – 1
Gate 7 – 1
Gate 8 – 4
Gate 9 – 0
Gate 10 – 1
Gate 11 – 1
Gate 12 – 3
Gate 13 – 1
Gate 14 – 1
Gate 15 – 1

No winners beyond gate 15.

I will do a write up later.

Cheers

Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:12 pm
Group 1 winner

My stables fared a little better this week, with a few prospective horses who would of done better if not for the usual complaints ha ha ha

Looking forward to getting away from those "basket" courses and some turf, but its prob. me just being hopeful that mine will run better on grass.... who am I kidding...

Roll on week 3 :wink:

Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:43 pm
Handicapper

A good week for me with 3 winners and a few decent runs.

race 8 Columbia 2m3f Made most of the running then dropped back with a couple of furlongs to go as most of mine do but came through well in the final furlong to take the race.

race 15 Passing Cloud A good 2nd place gives me some hope for the Derby.

race 16 Ferris Bueller 2m Had some company up front for a while which really helped. A real gutsy win from the front.

race 19 Miss Ball 7f Thought she might run well a furlong short of her best but delighted to get the win.

race 22 Flashing Light 2m1f (2nd) Thought this one would be my best distance horse and maybe it will be once it races on the turf.

I don't trial mine on dirt so the first couple of weeks are a bit of a lottery, so does three winners equal a tenner?

Oh great comms by the way.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next