View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Scatters horses have no form from last season?? 
Group 3 winner

Post Scatters horses have no form from last season??
When doing race previews I came to notice that scatters horses that were multiple group 1 winners last season have had all last seasons form erased and competed in maidens this year?????
It looks like all other trainers form has been carried over from last season. Very strange...... :?

Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:56 am
Group 1 winner

I had uploaded my horses early and so did a few other trainers. There was a problem with TOM in that all the horses aged and became 11yo etc. This happened with other trainers too.

What we did was delete all our horses and uploaded them again as per Rich's instruction. By doing this TOM was not able to recognise the second upload hence it treated it like a new horse that had never raced in TOM. The same applied to other trainers as well. Because there was so many horses that uploaded a second time Rich made the decision to allow all horses to be treated as maidens because it would have been a huge task to sort it all out.

This was all done about a week before close of nominations and Rich didn't want any more delays.

Rich can clarify but I hope I have made some sense even though it does seem a little unfair.

Regards

Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:38 pm
Group 3 winner

No problem with you scatters, it does seem unfair though, I have 1 horse that won last season and is rated 99 so will have to go straight to listed/group races when your monsters smashed up the maidens.
I missed week 1 so didn't know anything about this, it is unfair on other trainers with new horses, they could feel they have been robbed of a win!! :lol:

Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:49 pm
Group 1 winner

This was one of those things that we couldn't uncode in TOM. To be honest with it being a new schedule I was happy for returning horses to compete in maidens. Theoretically they should be at a disadvantage and it is good for trainers to see how they have progressed.

Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]