View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 4:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Proposed UK Season 13 TOM Betting Competition 
Group 1 winner

Post Proposed UK Season 13 TOM Betting Competition
Proposed UK Season 13 TOM Betting Competition

As the heading suggests if Rich approves I will organise a betting competition that is strictly done in the TOM betting system throughout the season.

This is to encourage betting in TOM to make the races more attractive to trainers with non runners or observers watching from the sidelines.

Rules

1. Betting competition is for the UK Flat Season 13 only. Sorry about the NHC but it would be too huge a task to do it all.
2. Bets in TOM will be recognised ONLY!! No outside arrangements.
3. This competition is based on the TOM betting system working. TOM will be considered for all official transactions. If there is a problem with TOM (I don’t think this will happen but you never know) the competition might have to be scrapped.
4. You can bet as many times as you want per race!!.
5. Only win, place and each way bets will be recognised. No other types of bets such as doubles and exotics etc.
6. Handicap races after week 4 will be Doubled for competition purposes.
7. Winner will be the punter with the most return minus their outlay
8. Comp starts week 4

Winners will receive the following:

1st – $1,000,000

2nd – $750,000

3rd – $500,000

4th – $500,000­

5th – $500,000

6th – $250,000

7th – $250,000

8th – $250,000

9th – $250,000

10th – $250,000

I am open to suggestions so let me know what you think.

I know this puts more emphasis/pressure on the bookies and if this is a problem we can scrap the whole idea as this is meant to be fun for all.

But what I need to know is will at least 2 people volunteer to be the bookies in TOM betting throughout the season as I will look after the winnings/losses? Not every race has to be marked up!!!

I ask for 2 as one might not be able to do it one week.

Thanks

Last edited by Scatters on Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:31 am
Group 1 winner

I can enter all the odds on a Sunday eve or Monday afternoon, though Steve's tissue would be invaluable as Im very new to this so need the help. I can manage books and am prepared to take one or two on, espeically if the figures are good, but dont want to be caught out as soon as i go up!

Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:20 am
Group 2 winner

Scatters, could we have it so there are 10 races to bet on at first and if there is a lot of interest in the comp we could increase the amount of races?

I could price up the races for Keith.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:00 am
Group 1 winner

Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:14 am
Group 1 winner

Im just still well behind as to who is who. Peoples usernames are different to their trainer names so its hard to price a race up on that basis.

A few of mine in the 70's are well handicapped, imo, so duck them!

Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:33 pm
Handicapper

I like the idea to get more people involved in betting. But maybe a differnt reward. Seems like money in the league is pointless. Just like in the game, where eventually you will become a billionaire.

What if the winner gets an extra 2 stall slots and the 2nd place gets 1 extra stall for next season.

Or make it weekly and the winner gets 10 lbs removed from any horse they want in any race. 2nd gets 5lbs and 3rd = 3lbs

Or the winner get to penalize any other trainer's horse by 10 lbs. in any race.

Or the winner is allowed to replace one of his horse and is allowed to upload another horse.

Or the winner is allowed to choose post position for 1 of their horse.

Or maybe I'm just rambling and everyone should ignore this post :)

Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:29 pm
Group 3 winner

I like the idea to get more people involved in betting. But maybe a differnt reward. Seems like money in the league is pointless. Just like in the game, where eventually you will become a billionaire.

What if the winner gets an extra 2 stall slots and the 2nd place gets 1 extra stall for next season.

Or make it weekly and the winner gets 10 lbs removed from any horse they want in any race. 2nd gets 5lbs and 3rd = 3lbs

Or the winner is allowed to replace one of his horse and is allowed to upload another horse.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:33 pm
Group 2 winner

What post? :D

Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:11 pm
Group 1 winner

John sounds good mate, do we have starting balance to work from or does anything go?.......... going in the minus would not see you outed from the comp i mean , only thing i want to make you aware off and im not 100% sure if this is the case, you will need to check with COLM/ RICH but if to many people do single bets in one race there are a max that i think that TOM will allow in total. I know it will only allow one trainer 3 bets max at win, each way and place per race. but if TOM only allows 12 registered bets at these options also per race you may have to limit trainers to one bet a race so others can have there share.

Sign me up otherwise mate ill take part.

Also what Thunder said think it would be better with the extra stable slots as reward rather then the money.

Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:32 am
Group 1 winner

John sounds good mate, do we have starting balance to work from or does anything go?.......... going in the minus would not see you outed from the comp i mean , only thing i want to make you aware off and im not 100% sure if this is the case, you will need to check with COLM/ RICH but if to many people do single bets in one race there are a max that i think that TOM will allow in total. I know it will only allow one trainer 3 bets max at win, each way and place per race. but if TOM only allows 12 registered bets at these options also per race you may have to limit trainers to one bet a race so others can have there share.

Sign me up otherwise mate ill take part.

Also what Thunder said think it would be better with the extra stable slots as reward rather then the money.

Hackett, wasn't aware there was a limit. Are you saying there is a transaction limit of 12 or something per race? If this is so then yes a limit of 1 bet per trainer!!

Also I will tone down the prizemoney!!

Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:55 am
Group 1 winner

I have made changers to the rules and prize money!!!!!

Changes to the rules are made in bold format.

So check first post again!!!

Although I'm still open to change things up a little. So Keep your ideas coming in if you feel very stongly about something.

Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:00 am
Group 1 winner

John im not 100 % sure how many transactions/selections you can do a race in total but im sure at some point last season trainers were unable to bet because TOM would not allow it ( to many bets in a race already at each way,win,place.) You would have to check with Colm/Rich they may know for sure.

Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:29 am
Group 1 winner

John im not 100 % sure how many transactions/selections you can do a race in total but im sure at some point last season trainers were unable to bet because TOM would not allow it ( to many bets in a race already at each way,win,place.) You would have to check with Colm/Rich they may know for sure.

Rich, Colm can you please advise on this?

Thanks

Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:33 pm
Group 1 winner

Rich, Colm can you please advise on this?

Thanks

Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:02 am
Group 2 winner

Week 4 Race 2 prices are up, I'll get the others up asap

Race 5 done

Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next