View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Horses in "Trainer Game" NOT EQUAL to Horses in CK 
Handicapper

Post Horses in "Trainer Game" NOT EQUAL to Horses in CK
Ive read here on these forums that Horses that are "Stars" in your own Private game may turn out to be rubbish in the Construction Kit???

How true is this?? And if so, why is this the case??

Surely a good horse, should be a good horse.....

Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:23 pm
Group 1 winner

It's true to a point, as Rich has said in the past, star fillies in the game may not be star fillies in CK as the gamebred fillies are awful, proven by many trainers winning the oaks multiple times in a row (I think mine is 37 Oaks wins in a row, something stupid like that) but I find if a colt in my game wins over 15-20 G1's then nearly all the time turns out to be league material, not sure why this is but this is how I find it

Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:56 pm
Group 1 winner

There are a few reasons why the performance appears to be different.

1) The CK stretches horse ability, so a race run in the game for two horses where one beats the other fairly by a 1/4 length could well translate to 1/2L or even 1 length for the exact same running in the CK. There are so many factors that affect the result though that it's difficult to see this, the reason is that so many horses are of very similar ability but to make the results more realistic you have to view it through a microscope.

2) As Nick says, winning loads of G1s in game means nothing. You could be competing against a very weak era. Fillies races especially are a joke, I can run a below average 1m2f filly in a G1 1m4f filly race and she'll win by 10 lengths.

3) Pace of the race is important. In the game horses that race handy often win whereas in the CK, with the stretching of horse ability, closing horses appear to be better than they are in the game. This isn't to say closing horses are better, in fact they usually get a lot of trouble in running. As you can see from Scatters horses, they tend to race handy, out of trouble, kick for home early and their stamina sees them home.

It all arises from SO2 where there was a massive difference between some game and CK horses, some people think that still remains.

Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:40 pm
Handicapper

Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]