View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 UK Week 3 Races 
Group 1 winner

Post UK Week 3 Races
http://www.sopl.info/files/tom/season12 ... ukra03.zip

Ratings correct on TOM from 6pm, noms close tomorrow at midnight.

Handicap winner for me, good times!

Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:32 pm
Group 1 winner

WON a listed staying race, not sure there was much pace, and two of mine won handicaps. OVER THE MOON!!!! Will give a write up of all mine asap.

Thanks to all who ran the races. The Lincoln was an amazing race, must be 8 horses across the track at the finish!!! Great job by Steve with the handicap. Lovely comms John.

Congrats to all winners and placers. Some nice horses there.

Race no.

2 Banging Tune(15th) Raced wide in a large field and probably on correct mark.
5 Good Work(7th) Outpaced when others made their move 3.5f out,stayed on. Hopeful will win a race.
12 Sandy Lane(4th) Drawn in the middle and ran well. Again correct mark
13 Catch Up(WON) VERY slow pace so impressed that he won, as wants another 2f, but other trainers might think theirs will improve for a better pace too. Awful ride, jockey couldn't decide if he wanted to sit up with the pace or out the back. He dropped the horse back then pushed up, then back etc etc. Might have been down to the slow pace. I did shout "Get him up" with 50yards to go as if Id had a fortune on! Lovely win and remains unbeaten, though that will go in his next race im sure.
14 Shiva(WON) Great draw, even over 1m2, as it meant she had a lovely position from the start. Others had traffic problems or couldn't quicken when they needed to. Given a good ride too, though he did try to get blocked in 4f out but a split appeared and after he took it was always going to win. Will go up a few lbs for that and will probably stop her winning again, but cant complain.
17 Lua Lua(6th) Possibly didn't stay 1m7 and ran well off current mark, which again is probably about right.
22 Too Windy(4th) No pace in the race and ran ok off, again, the correct mark.
23 Little Jude(last :( ) Raced wide the whole race but the way she weakened was worrying. Drop down a furlong and see what happens. Bertter than that at home.
25 Late Run(5th) Happy enough as outpaced. Needs another 3f and soft ground to be at her best. Though I think Mannekin might be the one to take out the race over 2m4.
27 Turn It Off(5th) For some reason dropped out near enough last and never put in the race. Suspicions that the jockey is laying on Betfair. Stayed on through beaten horses to finish 5th. Not happy.
28 Tiber Luck(WON) Another 1m6 horse and thought that 76 might be a fair mark compared to the others. Travelled well and did it nicely though not much better than this so dont be too harsh, Steve!!!
29 Forog(midfield) John said he'd like to see her over 6f and that was the plan but not really a suitable race so had to carry top weight over 7f here. Strangely enough she was never really travelling, possibly the weight, and didn't seem to be able to quicken over 7f. Might be better at Ascot and aimed at a 6f listed race there later in the season.

I was going to comment more on winners and other horses but I think i've gone on enough. Congrats and thanks to all again. Made my Friday night before its even started.

Last edited by keithbeaky on Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:50 pm
Group 2 winner

I have absolutely no idea how my horse (Candid Cuckoo) has lost the Lincoln there. Genuinely a 1m1 horse a head clear with about 20 yards to go. Great race though. Happy with my 2 wins this week, exeptionally good run from Some Speedy Hound who won over a furlong short of his best off top weight. Can't argue with that. Well done all.

Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:31 pm
Selling plater

Race 24 was going to be my best ever chance of getting a winner this season or ever in this league 6 runner handicap. I really was confident given my horse finished infront of most of these either once or twice and had a 6lb pull in the weights with the fav who we only narrowly lost to last time but then FORGETMENOT absoultely bolts in getting nearly a stone from my horse zzzzzzzzz...

Race 2 Dark Fanny ran a blinder went clear but faded in last furlong to finish 4th.

Money web ran 5th didnt seem to stay the 2m1f so will run over 2m next week.

Crownlilly ran a good race again although looks like i've killed her handicap mark now and will find it hard to place her now lol

Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:28 pm
Group 1 winner

This is why l love this league, fancied 2 horses massively this week and they both bomb out and get 2 other winners :lol: Will give an in depth view later but happy to beat a Scatters winner last time out in a 5f sprint :D

Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:28 pm
Group 1 winner

Thats week 3 over and still i wait to get my first winner i think my jumpers are better than my flat horses who in one word are Crap lol nevermind will plug on in my game as i am way behind you lot in the breeding game. :?

Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:34 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

Race 24 was going to be my best ever chance of getting a winner this season or ever in this league 6 runner handicap. I really was confident given my horse finished infront of most of these either once or twice and had a 6lb pull in the weights with the fav who we only narrowly lost to last time but then FORGETMENOT absoultely bolts in getting nearly a stone from my horse zzzzzzzzz...

Race 2 Dark Fanny ran a blinder went clear but faded in last furlong to finish 4th.

Money web ran 5th didnt seem to stay the 2m1f so will run over 2m next week.

Crownlilly ran a good race again although looks like i've killed her handicap mark now and will find it hard to place her now lol

I thought Dark Fanny ran a blinder, woodie. And yes unlucky to meet a handicap blot in race 24. But its great fun and there will be plenty of time to improve our horses before the next league season mate.

There are loads of people who will help you out with the breeding mate. I read a thread which scatters and thunder both told us how they breed and it helped me immensley That will get you a winner or two

Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:35 pm
Group 2 winner

Great comms John

First winner of the season with WIQAAYA just got her head in front of classy mare Roya, hope they can meet again this season for another good race.
Thought i would get a couple of winners in the Handicap's this week but no such luck.

Well done to all winners & placers

Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:36 pm
Group 1 winner

1 winner for me with a handicap good thing and a few other decent runs, but overall week 3 has been a bit of a damp squib both on the flat and over the jumps. Roll on week 4.
Great commentaries again from John.

1. Florence (3rd) - Good run. I thought the leaders were getting away from her approaching the final furlong, but she rallied well and made the frame.
2. War Artist (12th) - Ran well enough but was badly outpaced from about 3.5 furlongs out. He should improve on that effort when stepped up to 12f but he will need to.
6. Happy Feet (8th) - Race was run at a crawl and turned into a 5 furlong sprint which didn't suit my filly. Then again it probably didn't suit most of the field. She's better than she showed here and like War Artist should improve for an extra furlong.
9 Remembrance (7th) - Ran OK without ever getting close enough to mount a challenge. This one is expected to show significant improvement when she switches to the turf.
10. Crazy Golf (11th) - Ran better than placing suggests. Given a poor ride by the jockey who went as wide as he could round the bends. Only beaten 3.5 lengths.
15. Richard Cranium (2nd) - He's run another good race in defeat and I'm sure there's a race for him to win somewhere this season. He didn't get the best of trips here so pleased to finish 2nd.
19. Black Beauty (17th) - Run no race at all and was beaten at least 3 furlongs from home. The jockey reported that she got worked up in the stalls and banged her head on the front of the gate. She was bleeding profusely from a cut to her head when she came back to the unsaddling enclosure which upset the owner quite a bit. Fortunately, the vet has given her the once over (the horse not the owner) and reported no lasting damage but she will need to have a stalls test before she races again.
21. Dare to Dream (7th) - Had a nightmare journey throughout the race and never saw any daylight until well inside the final furlong. Did well to finish 7th.
23. Black Ball (11th) - Raced wide into the straight and had every chance if good enough, which she wasn't.
24. Forgetmenot (1st) - A handicap good thing if ever there was. Ran a cracker on debut at Wolves (drawn 18/19) and was leading with a furlong to go over 6f before fading rapidly. The drop back to the minimum distance was always going to suit and off such a light weight it was going to take a monumental effort for something to beat her. All being well, she will head to Epsom for the Dash in week 5.
26. Bright Spark (9th) - A disappointing effort from this one who never got competitive today. I'm not sure 7f is her best trip in the SOPL so she'll be stepped up to 1m next time out.
27. Sapphire (11th) - It looks like it's back to the drawing board with this one after 2 lacklustre efforts over 1m. I'm just not sure whether to step her up (too far?)or down (too short?) in trip.
28. Broken (8th) - She was keen early and probably did too much too soon. She lost her place about 4f out and looked like dropping right out before running on again late. She didn't get the clearest of runs otherwise she might have finished a bit closer.
29. Cost Of Living (5th) - Raced on the near side with a few others while everything else went far side. He won his own little race but was always playing catch up with the main group.

Well done all winners and placers.

Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:36 pm
Handicapper

Grats to all winners and placers. Good to see many different winners. Looks like the new schedule is working.

Race 3 Ajax - 3rd - beaten by better horses. Great win from Wiqaaya beating Roya.

Race 5 Backlash - 5th - I had a feeling he cant handle 1m which is 1f more than his prefered distance. Will stick to 7f from now on.

Race 6 Tunguska - 6th - Very good race with 4 horses crossing the line. Very good win from Alice in wonderland. The race was too short for my horse. Need another 1f at least.

Race 13 Little Hellgate - 8th Missed break. horrible season so far. Can't wait till we get off dirt and on turf.

Race 18 Pliese - 1st - I'm surprised with the win since the horse prefers 1m7. A nice win vs a tough group.

Race 22 The Express - 8th - 9 to 10 wide all the way. Hard to tell how good he really is. He kept getting pushed up wide.

Race 25 Shaktur - 2nd - Ran well finishing behind Annabay and a good group of probable G1 runners. Not really sure what this horse's best distance is since it was a late upload. So far has run 2m4f and 2m1f. Will run in 2m3f next.

Race 26 Zelse - 5th - again trapped. Just can't get any break. Should have won this one.

Race 30 Grimeslit - 11th - Another horse getting stuck. I really dont know how a horse gets stuck in a straight course.

Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:45 pm
Group 1 winner

Race 1 ~ Glisten 1ST.....Excellent win all helped by the draw, this guy is fast and even better when the ground is Firm.

Race 8 ~ Nice Space 6TH.....Very happy with his run as everything in front of him was recieving weight. Really likes soft ground so might put him away for a bit

Race 9 ~ Big Role 16TH.....Im totally at a loss, two very bad runs now and no explanation from the vet

Race 12 ~ Robust Rafa 2ND.....Scatters horse at the bottom of a Hcap!!!!! Dont think we will say that too often this season :lol: Very pleased with his run as he was nicely clear of the 3rd

Race 13 ~ Physco 5TH.....Slow pace didnt suit at all and will now race over 2m4f to show her best. Hopefully back on track next week

[/b]Race 20 ~ Level It 1ST.....Fanatstic and surprising run, was a late addition to the stable and challenged twice in final furlong but battled very well

Race 21 ~ Whittle Leader 2ND.....Hooley's New Planet showed a hell of a turn of foot 2 furlongs out and that was race over. My guy better over 1m2f so very happy again

Race 26 ~ Dark Glow 16TH.....Totally outclassed here and hope Steve dont hit her too hard :?

Race 29 ~ Spicy Meteor 6TH.....Very impressed with Vinny's Some Speedy Hound (group horse in the making) but mine got stopped at a vital time and loves Firm ground so again might put her away

Last but no means least the schedule, a massive thanks to Steve and with the different winners this week just proves the work has been worth it. For this league to grow everyone needs to have a chance of winning a race and this schedule makes this possible so well done guys

Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:21 pm
Group 1 winner

I didnt have many runners this week. Unleash Hell won the Lincoln very nicely otherwise poor draws/poor rides stuff my other ones.

Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:55 pm
Group 1 winner

Race 30 Grimeslit - 11th - Another horse getting stuck. I really dont know how a horse gets stuck in a straight course.

Thunderspark, I hear you!! :shock:

Congrats to all the winners and placers.

And a special well done to D Hooley with 6 winners and Team Doza with 4 winners. Matthew with 3, well done bro!!

Honour roll as follows M Westwood 2, J Taylor 2, A Cripps 2, Vinny2, D Robertson 1, Kevcon 1, R Coates 1, R Goulding 1, Steve Roe 1, Thunderspark 1, Scott wood 1.
:)

Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:56 am
Group 3 winner

I wish i had 6 winners john but only 3 winners for me this week

very happy too my horses are running alot better then i thought they would do

R11 Good Game won well here after this will now look for a listed or group race from 2m to 2m2f

R21 New Planet had everything in his fav this week so expected to go close and he didnt disappoint winning well up 10lb for that but only at 72 so will look for another handicap over 1m1f

R27 Piano good win here all out to beat dozas horse by 1/4 l very happy will now go to haydock for Silver Bowl Hcp up 15lbs for its win though so be very tough there but may sneak a place on g/s ground

R9 Dream Ahead 3rd so unlucky drawn wide again and still managed a place like last week sure to win a race this season

R26 Star Frankel 2nd beaten by a better horse on the day well done jamie will now go for the Chief Singer Stakes next week and looking forward to seeing him over the mile just wish ground was soft

disappointments

my 2000 Guineas horse Seal Rock in 1m1f only finishing 9th trailed very well for this but just didnt get into the race was same for my horse Gracefield too in lincoln finishing 15th but then again that was only 2.5l off winner great race

well done to everyone else with winners and placers

thanks for races and comms roll on next week

Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:34 am
Group 1 winner

I wish i had 6 winners john but only 3 winners for me this week

My bad I added you and Mr P Hogan together, sorry P Hogan with 3 winners.

You are both doing very well :)

Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next