View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Slight change of plans this week 
Group 1 winner

I think either cutting down the maidens or running over straight tracks could be the way forward.

I also think the Group fields should be monitored over the season to see how it works out. As with everything new it's good to work through the changes to see if they can be improved and how. Good discussion though

Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:59 pm
Group 1 winner

When are we getting the NH races, is it next week now?

Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:04 pm
Group 1 winner

I think either cutting down the maidens or running over straight tracks could be the way forward.

I also think the Group fields should be monitored over the season to see how it works out. As with everything new it's good to work through the changes to see if they can be improved and how. Good discussion though

Yes keep the discussions going - hopefully by next season everything will be working just as we want it.

Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:13 pm
Group 1 winner

Yes sorry mate wasnt trying to cause a arguement or nothing just wanted to put forward a few idea's to get more from the league. As has already been said l think towards the end of the season there will less competitve due to trainers running all the best horses and not making a plan for them. Maybe an option next season to say any maiden in the first 2 weeks that get over 20 runners will be split into 2 divisions?

Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:25 pm
Group 1 winner

At this moment in time there are in my/others opinion four key areas:

1. Change in numbers/tracks for maidens

2. Rating boundaries for group racing

3. Better spread of horses in stables

4. Better placement of horses by trainers.

By introducing the first two the fourth one is far more likely to take place.

Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:39 pm
Group 1 winner

When are we getting the NH races, is it next week now?

Monday for NH and Tuesday for UK.

I agree with those four areas. Maybe it would be good to get some text on the website on the Nomination screen with "useful tips", self regulation is the best way forward I think.

I hope that SO5 is slightly different from SO4, every incarnation I want to see a bit more flexibility with distances. I.e 5/6f sprinters being only slightly less effective over the non-ideal situation, novice tags in NH which will be a bloody nightmare to code in TOM but with the shorter season something I'd be keen to see.

Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:08 pm
Group 1 winner

Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2