View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 NH Week 4 Races 
Group 1 winner

Post NH Week 4 Races
http://www.sopl.info/files/tom/season12 ... /nhc04.zip

Apologies for the delay. Handicap marks should be up at 6pm this evening so wait for that before nominating this week.

Tell us how your horses did. All of mine seemed to be carrying the same bug I had although Pickpocket is unaffected.

The staying hurdle was a cracking race!

Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:37 pm
Group 1 winner

We having flat today mate?? No point having them tomoz is there as there late anyway?

Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:49 pm
Group 3 winner

We having flat today mate?? No point having them tomoz is there as there late anyway?

Agree with this......... :D

Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:56 pm
Group 1 winner

Finally got my first winner with Forgive n Forget winning the brushed fixed handicap and Depeeche mode grabing a second in another handicap hurdle aswell :lol:

Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:38 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

I've emailed you the comms I've done for Week 4, Rich.

Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:32 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Cheers mate, will get those straight on this evening.

Flat results won't be uploaded onto the website until Tuesday so the only reason for the delay is so that people can nominate straight after. I'll do them early on Tuesday though.

Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:14 pm
Group 1 winner

Flat handicap ratings will be posted to Kenny tomorrow or Wednesday. It will take a few days for Kenny to input these into TOM so hold fire with nominations till Friday/Saturday.

Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:11 pm
Group 3 winner

Lets have the races tonight then.............. :lol:

Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:14 pm
Group 1 winner

Thanks rich, Kenny for the races. Looking forward to comms later...

What A Charm - (3rd). If he didn't blunder the last, i think he would have won the race. Still great run giving most of the field 4lb pull.
Pink Magic - (1st). She's a class act around 2m3/2m5, liked the way she picked up again after a mistake at the last.
Likeabatoutofhell - (6th). Really am puzzled by this horses performances. I can only asume my trails have been wrong with him. He can beat Jack Mor often. Been trailing well for the Tingle Creek. Still not lost faith of a big win.
Maeglin Ancalime - (1st). Love this horse to bits, my best ever 3m Chaser. Reminded me of Dream Nothing winning this race 2 season ago. Will be even better come the King George race :D
State Elegant - (8th). Having watched the race again it wasn't a bad effort, giving the field weight and only beaten 5L. Will do better later in the season.
Jack Mor - (1st). Don't think there is a better NHF horse than him this season. He is also a classy 2m chaser as well. Will be rested next week.
Delmontesaysyes - (F). Staying of well when fell at the last my have got 3rd or 2nd. Still a great run off top weight.
Aurora County - (3rd). Giving the first 2 in front a stone and a stone n half and losing by under 2L. Great effort, will not be going for handicaps anymore. Could win a G1 before the season over.
Hemsworth Star - (2nd). Got beaten by a better horse on the day, who's jockey rode a perfectly timed race.
Shabra Hill - (F). Another fall again this week :cry:. Needs to get his confidents back, if he does will take a lot of beating wherever he goes.
Active Duty - (4th). Was beginning to think my trails wore wrong with her, not after this performance. Ran a cracking race.
Moujik Borget - (2nd. Good effort this week behind a very good 3m Hurdler. Is entered at Cheltenham next week, were he comes alive. Still think he has a big chance at the festival.
Globe Trotter - (1st). Best performance of the week!!! Out classed the field out of sight. Not sure were she goes next, will have a huge weight after this. Got some new stayers in my CK, which are beating her often :)
J T Morgan - (F). Dog Shit that's all am saying.
Skinkeyz - (1st). My best horse in the stable. He really showed how good he was this week. Ryanair is the main target for the season. Very pleased with him.
I Kick Ass - (8th). Not as good has i thought. Looks like he needs to be stepped upto 2m3/2m4. Will put him up in trip over the coming weeks.
Stand Clear - (3rd). Fine effort this week, just getting beat by better horses on the day. Congrats Hooley i know this will mean a lot mate.
Japanese - (3rd). Good run this week in a close race. Will be better later in the season, when the ground comes a little quicker.
Clear Mura - (2nd). The step up in trip helped her this week, just didn't pick up in the last 2 furlongs. Will win a race soon.
Playful King - (4th). 12 stone on his back and ran a cracking race. If he gets a nice weight in the Grand National, i really fancy his chances of a second win for the stable. Will take in the scottish National as well.

Great week for me with 5 winners and a bunch of placed efforts off big weights. Couldn't ask for any more to be honest. Cannot wait for the festival later in the season :D

Congrats to all winners and place setters.

Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:55 pm
Handicapper

Ballyhannan's 4th in the Grand Sefton was a really nice place. I won't loom too far into it as there were only a handful of finishers, but still it's always great to see your horses jump round at Aintree and complete in the frame.

On a similar note Boilin really put up a good performance in the Becher. I feel he went too fast too soon and got burnt out as they approached 2 out. Finished with credit i feel. So two good runs over the big fences is a happy result for me.

Kings Speech did me proud in the Hennessy. I know he came 8th, but had he not made those 4 mistakes he would have easily come fourth or at least closer. So i am confident he'll get me a win before too long hopefully. Not top grade, but a handicap victory isn't too far fetched.

And then we move onto the Moores Millions. Kings Moss surprised the hell out of me. Never thought he'd stay 3, 7 and to be honest i don't see him getting further. Might give him a crack in a 4 miler just to test the waters, but we'll wait and see.

Orthodox ran well for me in the 4, 2. Came a nice 5th. Needs 5 miles, so i'm worried about stepping down!

Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:12 pm
Group 1 winner

Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:40 pm
Group 2 winner

A few fallers, and they'll need to get that right to have any hope of winning even the lowest handicaps.

Still, some better performances in general, which is not bad for just 30 seasons of gameplay. Atleast I know my bloodlines are in the ball park.

Sniffle - Did extremely well against some stronger opposition. Too early upping the tempo with a mile to run, and paid the price at the end, after looking like having them in trouble, but no complaints being beaten by a better animal.

Antinnaz - Good turn of foot to come from a long way back, but didn't see out the trip, and probably too strong of a grade. Will look for suitable races around 2m2f/2m3f.

Dewan Fable - What the hell was the jockey thinking at the 5th flight. After travelling well up to that, went 0 to 60 in 3 strides, then takes a pull, crash bang whallop, then 10 lengths detached. Stayed on gamely to get where she finished. A better ride gives her hope for some of these staying hurdles.

Well done to all winners and placers this week.

Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:44 pm
Group 2 winner

Matty Full race 12.

Although that and my two 2nds are still not showing up in championship table.

Well done winners and placers

Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:15 pm
Group 1 winner

No winners, but some decent enough performances in defeat

2. Zambezi (3rd) - Up with the pace most of the way. Really good effort considering 2m3f stretches his stamina to the max.
4. Picture Book (4th) - Showed she could compete at the highest level. Slow jumps at a few obstacles including the last probably cost her 3rd place. Good run.
5. For Sale (4th) - Ran a blinder and looked like making the frame at least until uprooting the last. Ran on again in the closing stages and almost got up for 3rd. Beaten less than 3 lengths giving the winner and 3rd 12lbs.
9. Beautiful City (3rd) - Jumped really well round the national course giving weight to the first 2. Well chuffed to make the frame.
11. Leon (6th) - Final furlong was too much and he dropped out of contention. Ran well until his stamina gave out.
14. Keep Faith (3rd) - Another good run to make the frame again. No chance with the 1st and 2nd who were too good.
16. Golden Gun (4th) - One of several horses given a bad ride this week. Had a decent enough position early but was gradually dropped to the rear by the jockey and given far too much ground to make up. Did well to finish 4th.
22.Hazel Nut (5th) - Ran well but was outpaced over the last half mile. She is going to be tough to place in future as 2m2f is too sharp and 2m3f is too far.
23. Ignition (4th) - Ran well on his hurdling debut behind some decent horses.

Spring Chick, Door Latch and Gold Trader were given terrible rides. Marksman was always struggling on the ground. He needs it softer. Dufflecoat fell. Barney Magrew didn't stay.

Well done all winners and placers.

Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:59 pm
Group 1 winner

Another Moore's Millions in the bag TOMMY FAT FINGERS ran a great race but another few let downs this week.

Well done all winners brilliant to see so many different trainers winning, Duke seems to have a beast 3m hurdler so may well avoid with DENMAN as it scooted in.

Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next