View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 12:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Season Coming to an end 
Group 1 winner

Post Season Coming to an end
Hi guys,

As the title says the league season is nearly over and would just like to thank all the volunteers that make this happen. Kenny, Steve, Craig, David, Colm and especially Rich who without the league wouldnt have happened. There are a lot of people behind the scenes too and if l have missed you out please forgive me. All volunteers are not just important they are vital so big thanks.

Lastly league wouldnt be worth it without the trainers and big shout to all players and well dones to all winners and placers this year. Great to see not just new players but new players winning which has to go down to Steve for a fantastic schedule which makes the league fair to all.Hope to see you all in SO5 for what promises to be maybe one of the most competitve yet with a few whispers of old players returning to challenge the champ also known as Scatters. Awesome season mate and hemz who has destroyed the NH. pretty sure l had £1 million double ante post but cant find the topic :shock:

Mike

Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:14 pm
Group 2 winner

Post Re: Season Coming to an end
I agree with everything Mike has said, this season has been FANTASTIC. Well done all involved. :D

Was this the topic you was looking for Mike? viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4918

Matt

Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:16 pm
Group 1 winner

I have enjoyed my first season although i had moderate horses i got three winners on the flat although very moderate handicaps and two winners over the sticks which my best horse FORGIVE N FORGET won the Haydock fixed brushed handicap hurdle and got a fourth in the Grand National with pupilage i will be back with i hope better horses next season Forgive n forget will probaly be my only jumper coming back and will be taking some of my 2y0's flat horses into next seasons jump season all the rest will be new.
Been working in the breeding barn enjoyed the online league hoping to get a job in next seasons News Letter as one of the race reveiwer's thanks to all the guys behind the scenes and to those who help me with my questions. :D

Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:35 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

It has been a great season guys, would have liked to have had some UKRA horses, but all my lot was geared towards the NH.

Thanks to all the staff for there hardwork over the season. You know who you are and to all the trainers involved, been great fun.

Gutted it's coming to a end :cry: Can we re-run the Gold Cup please :lol:

Matt you owe Ryan 1 million mate haha

Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:20 pm
Group 3 winner

yes thankx to all who put there spare time in for the league
also all the banter ,,, which i think you need
congrats to nhc winning trainer and ukra winning trainer
dont need to say ur names do i lol
great game , great league and great fun
thank you

Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:32 am
Group 1 winner

simpleminds wrote:
I have enjoyed my first season although i had moderate horses i got three winners on the flat although very moderate handicaps and two winners over the sticks which my best horse FORGIVE N FORGET won the Haydock fixed brushed handicap hurdle and got a fourth in the Grand National with pupilage i will be back with i hope better horses next season Forgive n forget will probaly be my only jumper coming back and will be taking some of my 2y0's flat horses into next seasons jump season all the rest will be new.
Been working in the breeding barn enjoyed the online league hoping to get a job in next seasons News Letter as one of the race reveiwer's thanks to all the guys behind the scenes and to those who help me with my questions. :D

We will sort something out for next season, now I have more time, previews and reviews are on the agenda. Maybe we could split, you do NHC and I do flat, and put it all together under one paper.

Steve

Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:58 am
Group 1 winner

thanks to everyone who make the lge so brilliant

Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:50 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I played FM for many years, if anything too long, with the same bunch of guys every year and I think it got better every year. But this has been a different and even better experience. I think the schedule plays a big part in that.

In FM I dominated for one year and in others did ok. And although the challenge was good when players were really struggling the game wasn't quite as good and sometimes people lost interest. We even had re-starts if someone made a club too powerful.

With Starters Orders I think the lesser players, I include myself in that, have just as much fun and enjoyment from winning handicaps or plotting a horse for a race and pulling it off!!

I know a few players may not enter next season or reduce their string, but this is mainly because they are winning too much!!

As said above I would like to thank all involved and look forward to next season already. Well done to everyone this season and also thanks to everyone who has posted with help and advice for newbs like me, it has been invaluable.

Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:41 pm
Group 1 winner

Really good season, been great working directly with Kenny and Rich, but I also know a lot of other people make this league what it is so thanks to them also.

I remember pleading with the league committee to introduce a new handicap based schedule maybe six years ago, I am very pleased that this is now an important part of the league. As many of you know I have already started work on improving the schedule, and hope the tweaks will once again improve all players experience.

I hope that now I have the time, the newsletters and previews will be more frequent next season. Thanks to all who contributed their time to the cause this time around.

This is an extraordinary league.

Steve

Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:29 pm
Group 1 winner

you guys all do a fantastic job and give your time freely thank you all so much for a season full of fun

its been a learning season for me made several mistakes can't wait for next season will build a beter team instead of having
for eg. 5 or 6 1mile 4 horses will have a beter balanced group over different distance a whole new team won't be keeping
any of this seasons horses and next seaason wont go for the g1s too quickly go maiden handicap route and try to be the handicap king

thanks again look forward to next season

Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:58 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I am hoping to have a separate section in the newsletter dedicated to handicaps - it will carry a handicap league each week.

Should be a good feature, just re-working the design at the moment.

Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:13 pm
Group 1 winner

I echo this, especially Steve and Kenny who put in serious amounts of time on the handicapping side of things. The commentators (John and Jamie) have also been fantastic this season, they seem to get better year on year.

We might try out a few funky things in the next season. I'm definitely inclined to bring in one distance rules for sprinters, 2 distance for middle, 3 distance for stayers on the UKRA side of things. The main thing is going to be getting TOM up and running properly so I'm going to try and train myself up in that area.

Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:26 pm
Group 1 winner

anubisrich wrote:
I echo this, especially Steve and Kenny who put in serious amounts of time on the handicapping side of things. The commentators (John and Jamie) have also been fantastic this season, they seem to get better year on year.

We might try out a few funky things in the next season. I'm definitely inclined to bring in one distance rules for sprinters, 2 distance for middle, 3 distance for stayers on the UKRA side of things. The main thing is going to be getting TOM up and running properly so I'm going to try and train myself up in that area.

I like the proposal in principle, but in practice it may reduce the number of runners per race and also the number of races a horse can compete in - especially sprinters.

My proposal would be to have four weeks of maidens, duplicating the existing first two weeks, just renaming the races. Each horse must run at least twice or once if they win a maiden. The highest rating will count.
After this, the only distances a horse can run over are the two outings in maiden company.
A winner of a maiden is likely to run in listed/group races so would be free to add distances to their preferences.
If a horse wants, needs to change distances then it should run in a listed/group race.

It would also have the advantage of being able to scratch runners easily, that don't meet the rules.

Just my initial thoughts - needs some discussion I think.

Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:22 pm
Group 1 winner

East Pier Whitby wrote:
anubisrich wrote:

I like the proposal in principle, but in practice it may reduce the number of runners per race and also the number of races a horse can compete in - especially sprinters.

My proposal would be to have four weeks of maidens, duplicating the existing first two weeks, just renaming the races. Each horse must run at least twice or once if they win a maiden. The highest rating will count.
After this, the only distances a horse can run over are the two outings in maiden company.
A winner of a maiden is likely to run in listed/group races so would be free to add distances to their preferences.
If a horse wants, needs to change distances then it should run in a listed/group race.

It would also have the advantage of being able to scratch runners easily, that don't meet the rules.

Just my initial thoughts - needs some discussion I think.

If this was done steve would that mean that all trainers would have to have there stable uploaded from the start of the season and no window in the maiden period?

Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:34 pm
Group 1 winner

Big thanks to all who make this possible, it has been a fantastic season. Looking forward to next season even if it may be with the same horses but a year older, have not had much time to play, hoping to get some seasons in to get a few new hopefulls if the new season is going to be a while before it starts but we will see. Congrats to Scatters and Hemz for another great season each, well done chaps!

Well done to all the new trainers that have participated this year and will be glad to see you back next season. With the schedule being improved again can only see another brilliant season awaiting.

Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next