View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 ----PLEASE CHECK ENTRIES---- 
Group 1 winner

Post ----PLEASE CHECK ENTRIES----
Flat ratings completed Wednesday night.

Quite a few horses are now out of grade boundaries in handicaps.

Thanks

Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:29 pm
Group 2 winner

Some trainers are still entering unraced horses in group 1 races

Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:18 pm
Group 3 winner

Because theres no other way of getting horses handicapped. If we had a few more maidens there wouldnt be this problem.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:19 am
Group 1 winner

There have been plenty of maidens, Guineas and Derby trials in the first 4 weeks. If you've uploaded too many horses at one distance, maybe for different ground conditions, then that is a risk you have to be aware of.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:27 am
Group 1 winner

Because theres no other way of getting horses handicapped. If we had a few more maidens there wouldnt be this problem.

The problem rests with trainers who dont look at the schedule first and build a stable accordingly.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:21 pm
Group 1 winner

We actually have a walk over race 8, only 2 entries and 1 of them is out the hcap bracket :lol:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:24 pm
Group 1 winner

We actually have a walk over race 8, only 2 entries and 1 of them is out the hcap bracket :lol:

Same answer as above really.

The problem rests with trainers who dont look at the schedule first and build a stable accordingly. :D

Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:48 pm
Group 1 winner

Shhhhhh Mike.....

Thats hopefully a freebie win for me hahahaha.... 8)

Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:06 pm
Group 1 winner

mwesty1 wrote:

Shhhhhh Mike.....

Thats hopefully a freebie win for me hahahaha.... 8)

LOL sorry mate, l think you will be ok. the problem is most trainers entered in the group race last week and last pace was rated 90 so most are out the bracket now. good luck in race either way, hope Scatters does a commentary for it :lol:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:25 pm
Group 1 winner

I've made loads of mistakes with my stabels. Too many 3yo's, not enough older horses but I have no complaints. I think Rich even provided an eg of a recommended stable.

The schedule is great, im sure it can be tweaked as nothing is ever perfect. Its purpose was to make it more enjoyable for everyone and that the winners were spread out more amongst new and trainers with lesser yards. Thats happened too.

I'll check my entries Saturday, I made them before the ratings update.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:04 pm
Group 1 winner

I've made loads of mistakes with my stabels. Too many 3yo's, not enough older horses but I have no complaints. I think Rich even provided an eg of a recommended stable.

The schedule is great, im sure it can be tweaked as nothing is ever perfect. Its purpose was to make it more enjoyable for everyone and that the winners were spread out more amongst new and trainers with lesser yards. Thats happened too.

Spot on - this year is a learning curve for players to have more variety in their stables and to target the right races.

Trainers are throwing away good handicap marks to get thrashed in group races - it doesn't make sense.

Rich and I both published suggested stable requirements hopefully these will be implemented by trainers next season.

Changes will be discussed after the season finishes.

Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:19 pm
Group 3 winner

keithbeaky wrote:

Spot on - this year is a learning curve for players to have more variety in their stables and to target the right races.

Trainers are throwing away good handicap marks to get thrashed in group races - it doesn't make sense.

Rich and I both published suggested stable requirements hopefully these will be implemented by trainers next season.

Changes will be discussed after the season finishes.

I never cared about throwing away a good hcp mark, I know this may be an exception but I`m an optimist before the season starts and maybe a fool aswell. :)

Even after finishing last I`m not put off from taking on the big guys untill I finish last again then I give up. Happened to me last year with my derby hope so I put it away and won a late season 1m5f hcp. *shrugs*

It`s all fun! Hope your horse wins no matter what and when you least expect it, mine do lol.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]