View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:47 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Introduction Of 6 Week Bans 
Group 1 winner

To add l have no involvment in any decisions but l do point out certain runners to Steve.

The comment Steve is part of the so called clique did make me laugh tho Scotty you are way off the mark accusing Steve of that and l bet steve had a good chuckle too :P

Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:45 pm
Group 3 winner

To add l have no involvment in any decisions but l do point out certain runners to Steve.

The comment Steve is part of the so called clique did make me laugh tho Scotty you are way off the mark accusing Steve of that and l bet steve had a good chuckle too :P

SARCASM...... :shock:

Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:48 pm
Group 3 winner

I suppose seen as you know how to play the system you can spot others wrong doings, fair play, well almost!! :lol:

Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:50 pm
Group 1 winner

All of this because your horse gets hit with penalty for jumping 2f???

Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:56 pm
Group 3 winner

All what, I'm joking Mike, I'm not really that bothered. I never thought it would win a race at 1m4f so I'll bask in the glory of smashing the field and then harshly having the race/glory taken away and also MAYBE denying Technotronics the chance to become the greatest 1m4f handicapper the sopl has ever seen. :lol:

Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:01 pm
Group 1 winner

We are not arguing about the 9f race, it is what happened after - that is the question.

If you ran it in an 11f race next it would have been hit with a win penalty of 20lb but that would have been it - but you didn't you ran it over 14f a leap of 5f.

Then brought it back to 12f, a total of three errors of judgement shall we say.

Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:04 pm
Group 1 winner

mwesty1 wrote:

All what, I'm joking Mike, I'm not really that bothered. I never thought it would win a race at 1m4f so I'll bask in the glory of smashing the field and then harshly having the race/glory taken away and also MAYBE denying Technotronics the chance to become the greatest 1m4f handicapper the sopl has ever seen. :lol:

Wouldn't say it smashed the field :lol:

Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:05 pm
Group 3 winner

Only does what it has to do, Cleverer than MR ED. :lol:

Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:09 pm
Group 1 winner

Only does what it has to do, Cleverer than MR ED. :lol:

Could I speak to the horse directly to explain the situation.

Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:15 pm
Group 3 winner

It jumped more than 2f.

We are not arguing about the 9f race, it is what happened after - that is the question.

If you ran it in an 11f race next it would have been hit with a win penalty of 20lb but that would have been it - but you didn't you ran it over 14f a leap of 5f.

Then brought it back to 12f, a total of three errors of judgement shall we say.

1 error, running it over 9f.......which I addmitted to putting into the race bad filly should have been in and vice versa, where is rich, he can clear that part up???
It is a 1m4f-1m6f horse, which I told rich in the 2nd week of the season(Sunday 28th Aug), I was on honeymoon untill the 26th august and had been away for 3 and half weeks(check previous posts), I too had been waiting for months for the leauge to begin and put countless hours into my stable and bang, the league starts while I'm away so I miss the first week through no fault of my own and had to rush my stable together and try and enter as many maidens as I could.......All this after a 5 hour flight followed by an 11 hour flight. The mrs was not happy me been on the computer all day saturday trialling etc......... Think I deserved to be cut a little slack to be honest!!! :roll:

Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:20 pm
Group 1 winner

To be honest, I am very close to saying that horses up to 10f can have a MAX distance set (the TOM upload distance) and is allowed to race only at that distance or 1f less.

I have seen nothing in all my time playing SO2, SO3 and SO4 to suggest that a horse is remotely effective even 1f further than it's stamina limit and only the absolute VERY best horses can hold a candle 1f less than it's stamina limit.

I did know about Technotronics being entered in the wrong race to start with and had it's next race been over 1m4f I would probably have allowed it but running over 1m6f is too much. I appreciate you probably didn't have many options but you know a 12f horse will never ever stay 14f in this game. The fact it finished within 4 lengths just goes to show how good a mark it was on originally. Technotronics will be pulled and the race re-run in the interest of fairness. The horse will be free to compete at a higher mark over 12f from this week.

For next season I will probably be keen to try out the max distance formula because if trainers cannot self regulate then regulation will have to be imposed.

edit: scotty there is no such thing as a 12-14f horse. If you can show me a horse that has won a level weight race at both those distances in the league then I will admit I am wrong.

edit 2: although I do try and remember such admissions there is no way of me recording it so I rely on the integrity of the trainer. It's only because I feel let down with the 14f race inbetween that I have chosen this harsh punishment. Had I spotted this before the race had been run, like I did many many times last season, I would have scratched the horse. Personally, had I seen that one of my horses still retained a low mark as a result of an error I would probably have steered clear of handicaps. Not least because any victory would be a hollow one.

Last edited by anubisrich on Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:22 pm
Group 3 winner

To be honest, I am very close to saying that horses up to 10f can have a MAX distance set (the TOM upload distance) and is allowed to race only at that distance or 1f less.

I have seen nothing in all my time playing SO2, SO3 and SO4 to suggest that a horse is remotely effective even 1f further than it's stamina limit and only the absolute VERY best horses can hold a candle 1f less than it's stamina limit.

I did know about Technotronics being entered in the wrong race to start with and had it's next race been over 1m4f I would probably have allowed it but running over 1m6f is too much. I appreciate you probably didn't have many options but you know a 12f horse will never ever stay 14f in this game. The fact it finished within 4 lengths just goes to show how good a mark it was on originally. Technotronics will be pulled and the race re-run in the interest of fairness. The horse will be free to compete at a higher mark over 12f from this week.

For next season I will probably be keen to try out the max distance formula because if trainers cannot self regulate then regulation will have to be imposed.

edit: scotty there is no such thing as a 12-14f horse. If you can show me a horse that has won a level weight race at both those distances in the league then I will admit I am wrong.

Dozas Silver charm won its maiden over 1m6f and then just missed out in a group 2 over 1m4f to scatters all conquering Jeune.......... :roll:

Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:31 pm
Group 3 winner

edit 2: although I do try and remember such admissions there is no way of me recording it so I rely on the integrity of the trainer. It's only because I feel let down with the 14f race inbetween that I have chosen this harsh punishment. Had I spotted this before the race had been run, like I did many many times last season, I would have scratched the horse.

There cant be 1 rule for 1 though and all that, others have admitted abusing the system so they could get a run into their horses and all they received is a weight penalty, IT STINKS!!!

Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:33 pm
Group 1 winner

anubisrich wrote:

edit 2: although I do try and remember such admissions there is no way of me recording it so I rely on the integrity of the trainer. It's only because I feel let down with the 14f race inbetween that I have chosen this harsh punishment. Had I spotted this before the race had been run, like I did many many times last season, I would have scratched the horse.

There cant be 1 rule for 1 though and all that, others have admitted abusing the system so they could get a run into their horses and all they received is a weight penalty, IT STINKS!!!

I all honesty, trainer such as Keith Beaky have been extremely fair in running horses in listed/group races to obtain a true mark when they have known they ran the horse in the wrong maiden - Caracus being one of them.

There have been some abuses of the system which have been discussed between Rich and myself, however this is the worst such case this season.

That is not to say there won't be others lurking somewhere - your horse was highlighted because as a winner of a handicap it came under very close scrutiny which is fair to all players.

For the record I agree with Rich that if players cannot self regulate then measures need to be introduced to make the league a fair set up for everyone.

I know you are disappointed with the outcome Scott, I can assure you it is not personal.

Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:41 pm
Group 1 winner

From a favourable draw which Pliesbe turned over at a fairer track. And it's a good 1m5f horse.

Your horse just won too easily, you must know it was on too low a mark as the result of your error and my leniency?

Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:41 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next