View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 10:37 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Introduction Of 6 Week Bans 
Group 1 winner

Post Introduction Of 6 Week Bans
I have just finished the ratings for week 5 flat:

There are some well known trainers who are over stepping the mark with regards placement of horses in handicaps.

I introduced a tiered weight penalty for winners to deal with these issues.

But I think that six week bans for extreme cases should be introduced.

This would ensure that horses that are really group standard and hidden in handicaps until they win, should bear the full force of the stewards.

I am not going to name names at this stage.

Feedback on this is appreciated for and against.

I will also add that the majority of players are playing very much within the rules which is appreciated and doesn't go un-noticed.

Steve

Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:41 am
Group 1 winner

Well i know its not me :D lol my flat horses couldn't win a seller although a handicap.

Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:49 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

I will hold my hands up with Keep me In that he made a big drop but as l did state l struggled to get a run into him. That is the only horse l have made a big jump with and it will not happen again. Will say it was my fault as l only targeted 5f to 1m2f horses so was cramped with same distance horses in my stable. In SO5 i will be better prepared :oops:

Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:28 pm
Group 1 winner

I think as it's still early days with regards to manual handicapping and a ban might be a bit harsh considering we're all in it for a bit of fun, what do you mean by overstepping the mark regarding placement?? I don't think I am guilty of this but have one horse which is down as a 1m6f horse that shuold be running over 12 but I will wait for a group race so I can be penalised because I got trialing wrong (this horse is aneedaeveningoff). Bans might be a tad too much, maybe a ban on that horse running for a week or two maybe?

Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:41 pm
Group 1 winner

I think as it's still early days with regards to manual handicapping and a ban might be a bit harsh considering we're all in it for a bit of fun, what do you mean by overstepping the mark regarding placement?? I don't think I am guilty of this but have one horse which is down as a 1m6f horse that shuold be running over 12 but I will wait for a group race so I can be penalised because I got trialing wrong (this horse is aneedaeveningoff). Bans might be a tad too much, maybe a ban on that horse running for a week or two maybe?

Picture the scenario:

You have played by the rules, put your horse into the correct maiden race and followed that up with a run in a handicap over the same distance. Your horse finishes second to a horse that has clearly been manipulated to gain a very favourable handicap mark.

Keith has the right attitude when he says he would sooner run his horse in a listed race to obtain a mark than hide its true ability over the wrong distance in a maiden.

A one or two week ban would have very little if any effect with horses already restricted to nine runs per season.

Your placement has been okay Nick btw.

Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:54 pm
Group 1 winner

I will hold my hands up with Keep me In that he made a big drop but as l did state l struggled to get a run into him. That is the only horse l have made a big jump with and it will not happen again. Will say it was my fault as l only targeted 5f to 1m2f horses so was cramped with same distance horses in my stable. In SO5 i will be better prepared :oops:

It is isn't the worst Mike, although it was pretty bad. :D

I would certainly give it a hefty ban. :D

Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:58 pm
Group 3 winner

( :idea: I'm not one of the wrong'uns am I sir.....) :lol:

Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:16 pm
Group 1 winner

I say ban them for 6 seasons. :lol:
( :idea: I'm not one of the wrong'uns am I sir.....) :lol:

Now you mention it one of your horses won't be winning any future handicaps. :lol:

It has gone up 35lbs. :lol:

Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:35 pm
Group 3 winner

That sounds promising for at least 1 good run this week!!! :D

Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:51 pm
Group 1 winner

Apologies sir :lol:

Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:57 pm
Group 3 winner

At a guess I'd say Technotronic, i told rich it was entered wrongly into the 1m1f at the begining of the season and I wanted to swap it with bad filly but it was too late, he said seen as I had told him I wouldnt be hit with any massive penalties???? :shock:

Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:05 pm
Group 1 winner

Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:08 pm
Group 3 winner

Your just contradicting everything that happened before the season started with horse resets, Some trainers had multiple group 1 winners from last year that were reset to maidens this year been a year older and have mopped up handicaps and maidens. :lol:

Oh well s**t happens, rampant ronnie has just steamed home in the 4.20 @ bangor getting my max single win, max single e/w and max e/w double bet up so you could hit every one of mine with 35lbs and I'd still be :lol: :lol: :lol: !!

Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:20 pm
Group 1 winner

9f to 14f to 12f is not quite right and you know it. :lol:

Its new rating is 111 and it will not be dropped 1lb for the rest of the season.

Discussion is underway regarding the outcome of race 17.

Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:38 pm
Group 3 winner

Glad you have taken the news well. :lol:

9f to 14f to 12f is not quite right and you know it. :lol:

Rich: when you see this just confirm to Steve I did try to pull Technotronic from the 9f race, and I sent you numerous emails appologising and telling you that the horse would need very minimum 1m3/4f and the entering into the 9f was a mistake. :D

I've still got one or two surprises for you yet stevie boy!! :lol:

Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:43 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next