View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 UK Week 5 Races 
Group 1 winner

Post UK Week 5 Races
http://www.sopl.info/files/tom/season12 ... ukra05.zip

First G1 action of the season, let us know how you got on.

Handicap marks will be updated at 6pm and week 6 nominations close at midnight tomorrow

Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:14 pm
Group 1 winner

Please also remember max field sizes for group races this week. It's only on straight courses where the limit is raised.

Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:11 pm
Selling plater

First ever winner booom from a horse I least expected from though lol.

Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:16 pm
Group 1 winner

very dissapointed this week, had 3 horses finish on the bridle after unluck in running so hopefully still on good marks

Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:59 pm
Group 2 winner

Very dissapointed with this weeks runners
My big hope WIQAAYA could never run her race in that g/s ground so will never run her again on anything worst than good ground.

Well done Doza with Fun Colours hope to meet that one in the Golden Jubilee.

Well done to all winners & places

Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:15 pm
Group 3 winner

Well done everyone, some great group 1's there!!

5 or 6 horses still in with a chance in the last 200 yds in the 2000 guineas :shock: , Brilliant.
Mismatch did me proud, a group winner over 6f last season and still competetive over 1 mile at the top level this season, finishing a close up 4th.

Aspectus will be a massive danger to all in the Oaks, the jockey got her in all kinds of trouble and had to switch, cut and run......she loves Epsom.

As expected High Chapperal hates Sandown and spat the dummy out, it might have helped a little if he'd been drawn near the pace on the rail but I know top 6 would have been best I could have hoped for here.

Only 1 winner in Well fancied that shocked me and Technotronics who ran away with race 17, but was harshly (IMHO) DSQ'D thats life. :D

Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:46 pm
Group 1 winner

Reasonable week for me, well done all winners and placers! Frizzarilla battled away but the stiff 12 and opposition beat him comfortably although Epsom will suit much more. Barely Evening was dissapointing and again should improve for Epsom. Despicable me was a respectable 3rd but just not good enough, Toxicity was another who went very close but just couldn't get up, heritage handicap type. Motu went so close in the Chester Cup as I predicted, loves Chester and had a great mark but Hooley's stayers are too good, still on a winnable mark though but won't need it when going to the Doncaster Cup. Casualty came late and may need 7, Boeing stuck out for 4th well but will be hard to find a winnable race. Eternal Cup destroyed them and has been rightly hammered after that win! Top stuff from what I believed to be an average horse but was off a very generous mark, still won extremely well. Chiffre Le Destruval wasn't too far behind in the Dante and hopefully could be a big player at listed+ level. [/quote]

Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:57 pm
Group 1 winner

Well done all winners and placers. Great comms from John too.

One word sums up my runners this week. ABYSMAL.

Rated X ran ok but as expected, the last furlong found him out. The rest of them, one after another ran so bad, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The vet has been round the yard and has confirmed the vast majority of my stable is suffering from an equine virus, possibly Donkey Fever. :cry: :cry:

Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:16 pm
Handicapper

Grats to all winners and placers and thanx to John for the comms. Some very good races this week. Nice to see many different trainers winning this week. I had some nice runners and a lot of disappointments.

Congrats to Doza's Fun Colors for destroying the 6f field. Very impressive.

Race 18 - 3 horses crossing the line with Rianne Of Kauai edging out 2 others with .1 sec seperating all 3

Same with race 23 with 3 horses finishing with the same time 1:07.1 with Stars and Clouds winning. Very nice handicapping.

Cinderbluff my horse losing to Annabay. Sucks to be 2nd but was a very good race for me to watch.

And my 5f horse Little Hellgate is just totally disappointing.

Money Spinner 4th in the 1000 Gineas when she's suppose to be faster than Mithras.

Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:53 pm
Group 1 winner

Some very pleasing runs, specially in the two guineas races thought both were looking a serious upload mistake but both finished well 4th and 6th cant complain at that great races for them (Disbelief,Hurrican Force).

The 2000 Guineas race was fantastic with a number of horses in with chances come the finish, just how you want to see it, 16 runners max i must say is still an absolute must, there was not many who suffered with not getting there run, unlike previous seasons when the field was bogged down with low rated horses going no where blocking the field.

Well Done to all winners, especially the trainers having there first win! Hope theres a few more through the season.

I think that the schedule is proving to be well worth the wait, you only have to look at how spread out the winners are coming now each week, ok some trainers win more then others still but everyone must feel like they have a chance............ except maybe the ones putting 64 rated horses in group 1`s :roll: .

Thanks for the commentaries John and doing the races Kenny. Good job guys.

Will do a run down on my horses tomorrow in full.

Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:52 pm
Group 1 winner

Fun Colors is something else. My horse Bad Band did well to come second but that thing is supercharged.

Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:03 pm
Group 1 winner

Very exciting week with the horse of the week imo was Fun Colours. I coudn't believe the way it won. Well done Team Doza. Will write up more soon.

Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:26 am
Group 1 winner

Well done to all the winners and placers this week. Good to see a few different winners from the handicaps. Special congratulations to Thunderspark with 5 wins. Well done bro.

Also D Hooley with 3 winners, well done mate and there were several trainers with 2 wins namely P Hogan, Leon Jansen, J Taylor, D Robertson, Scott Wood and Team Doza winning the last two!! One of them was a craker!!!!!

Steve Roe, G Moore, Jon Woodward, Green Park Racing, P Cahill, Aaron Rowland, R Goulding and Nick Driver with 1 win each, well done lads.

Hope I haven’t missed anyone.

Will do my personal write up a little later :)

Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:40 am
Handicapper

Interesting and exciting week! Thanks to all for the kind words on Fun Colours. She's an absolute freak! I bred her quite some time ago, she could have run last season but I waited to upload her for this season. She still blows the doors off of everything I have from 5 to 6f and sometimes 7f.

R3 Irish Derby - Moonstone ran a disappointing 3rd falling WAY off the pace. He is my best horse next to Fun Colours and has been a little disappointing so far. Maybe he doesn't have enough early speed to stay within shouting distance of these top class horses.

R4 Irish Oaks - Seen It All did her best to run 4th. Just not as quick as the top fillies.

R10 Temple Stakes - Crazy Bitch cant hang with the 3yos and was outrun to place 7th after a G3 win previously.

R22 Huxley Stakes - Merry Go Round tries hard every time but could only manage 3rd place. Solid effort.

R27 2000 Guineas - Just A Feeling exploded late to just miss to highly regarded Mithras. Very nice effort in a bang up race.

R28 1000 Guineas - Supriana was ridden terribly! Blocked for almost 2 furlongs late in the race and exploded late to get 6th. Jockey is fired!

R31 Yorkshire Cup - Sliver Charm can't stay the 14f vs top competition. He ran nice, but hung badly in the stretch to finish 9th

R32 Musidora Stakes - Fair Summer ran well to be 3rd. Zamanation looks top class!

R34 Duke of York Stakes - Fun Colours simply dominated for a most impressive win. Can't wait to get this filly on the track again, but the race I was pointing for next week is for 4yo+ only. Oh well, she will get 8 starts this year and I hope she doesn't throw in any clunkers.

R35 Solid win for All I Do Is Win in a handicap. He finally showed something for me.

Congrats to all winners and placers. My top 20 list will be updated shortly.

Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:43 am
Group 1 winner

R3 Prince Salieri 2nd – Had every chance but the winner Grizzlebee just a little too good for mine. Doesn’t travel well at Epsom so nest start in the English Derby is going to be a big ask.

R4 Bold Alliance 1st – Bold front running performance who I thought for a fleeting moment was going to get beat but hung on to win well. Does not like Epsom so I don’t know if she will hang on next time in the English Oaks.

R9 Annabay 1st – Just got up and I thought there was no way it was going to catch the leader with 100m to go. Cinderbluff looks unbeatable over 3200m and was unlucky to come 2nd to mine.

R10 Justify 1st – Loves the cut out of the ground and it made all the difference here.

R14 Quick Flick 10th – Very disappointing although it is better suited over 1200m but still not what I expected over 1000m.

R22 Red Planet 1st – Wasn’t sure about this race as the 4yo+ horses over 2000m are very good. The inside barrier helped here.

R27 Starspangledbanner 3rd – My horse is a very good horse but found 2 her that were better. Well done to Mithras the winner and the runner up Just A Feeling

R28 Spellbound 1st – Class filly and will be hard to beat against her own sex.

R31 Danendri 3rd – Happy with 3rd as it is ok over 2800mk but better suited over 2600m.

R32 Zamination 1st – Top win and will look to continue her good form in the G1 Arrowfield stks at Rosehill in week 7

R33 Reckless 1st – Glad he won but inside barrier helped here.

R34 Jetstream 5th – What a win by the Team DOZA trained Fun Colours. I’ve never seen anything like it at 6f. My horse Jetstream got blocked for a run but I don’t think it would have mattered. I still have hope that I can down the winner but it needs to be anything but good to soft. All my horses love Ascot so we shall see in the Golden Jubilee. But Fun Colours is a hot, hot favourite surely!!

Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next