View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 UK Week 6 Races 
Group 1 winner

Post UK Week 6 Races
http://www.sopl.info/files/tom/season12 ... ukra06.zip

Might be some comms to follow from jamie, unfortunately john's game isn't working at the moment.

Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:38 pm
Handicapper

Glad to finally get 1st Winner of the Season

Well Done to all The Winners

Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:20 pm
Group 1 winner

Could only get three done before my voice started to go, now chocked up with a full cold once more. :(

http://www.ohracing.net/so4/UKRA06comms.zip

Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:02 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Race 27 Listen To Magoo has crept in with 82 which will be bottom weight and was a very unlucky loser last time out. Getting a run l think it would of won so big chance here

Hope everyone was on :lol:

Well done all winners and placers, l see catch up wins again and my guy totally outpaced again. Roll on the 2m4f races now

Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:01 pm
Group 1 winner

Quote:
Race 27 Listen To Magoo has crept in with 82 which will be bottom weight and was a very unlucky loser last time out. Getting a run l think it would of won so big chance here

Hope everyone was on :lol:

Well done all winners and placers, l see catch up wins again and my guy totally outpaced again. Roll on the 2m4f races now

Awesome!!! Catch up is better round Ascot and over 2m4, bring it on!

Ps well done with Magoo

Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:41 pm
Group 1 winner

You wont beat my boy round Ascot. :wink:

Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:49 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

keithbeaky wrote:

You wont beat my boy round Ascot. :wink:

Physco is well prepared to take you both down :lol:

Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:50 pm
Group 1 winner

at last a winner yyyyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooooo
miss spartacus get in :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

yes a little bit pleased with that i no its a 0 to 90 handicap but means the world

Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:32 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Firstly Vixity ran a great race in race 1, Trade Price went to the front and nothing would have caught it, travelled well throughout, good draw/ground/distance and probably as good as we'll get with him with that 3rd.

Red Speed was a valiant 4th but never travelled the pace, Aftershock destroyed them of a lightweight and could be one to watch in the wokingham.

Speeding Demon probably had his best chance to win with regards to draw and weight and took his chance well only to be done by what looks another good horse for Steve Roe, Laugh At Me Now would have possibly had it with a better draw as well and same for Sandy Lane, need to find a smaller handicap on annother tight track to go close, 2nd a good result any how.

Apple A Day proved just how good she is against the Colts in the G3 for 2yo's, possibly let go a little early from the back again but very courageous in getting from last to 2nd, They went too quick out infront which suited her to the ground but the Thunderspark colt was just too good, beat 3 winners from top stables today and is a G1 Filly, just glad I've kept her as a 3yo for next season!

Only 5th for Toxicity who started as Favourite but struggled to go with I'm yours before done so much swooped late to win comfortably, good run by Toxicity and will have a good chance in some good handicaps.

The way Casualty stayed on into 9th in my sponsored 6f handicap looks like he will prob need 7f and just realised that is the distance he ran at 3 in game! will defo improve for the step up.

Jaguar struggled in the Coronation Cup in 11th and is nowhere near that class but with a lack of good horses I wanted to have a pop at a big one! Big Brown is still there to attempt the 12f handicaps. Great front running ride from Fortune on Under The Cosh! Well done Davy.

Another top front running performance on Bold Alliance was a fantastic win for Scatters, Barely Evening barely troubled the judge down in 9th, disappointing, expected better!

Frizzarilla majorly dissapointed in the Derby, struggled down the hill and couldn't keep up in the straight, top win for padraig! well done all winners and placers! Roll on my trialing territory at Ascot, got to get a win there!

Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:14 pm
Group 1 winner

Race5 Lua Lua 9th - Ran ok but in the grip of the handicapper

R8 Sandy Lane 4 4th - Ran well off 76, which I consider a good mark, and will win a race this season.

R12 Shiva 3rd - Dont think she stayed the 1m3 so happy with the run.

R14 Turn It Off 4th - Bad draw, on the bend, which virtually put him last. In the straight was always going well and had his run blocked 3 times, others did too. However that may be a good thing as he should go up in the handicap to get in the Hunt Cup, which he wins.

R15 Forog 12th - Outclassed and now too high in the handica, trainers fault. Will have to look at a listed race.

R17 Late Run 3rd - She has now finished infront of all of these but never won a race! I know Jaimie rates the winner as his best and if comes up soft in the Cadran she'll run very well.

R24 Catch Up 1st - Went slow early on and a couple had their runs blocked. However if you'd told me Id win a G2 at the start of the season I would've taken it, so over the moon! Gold Cup next week and as said he'll love the track and trip. Very hopeful

R26 Hey Tooti 4th - Ran well on the dirt and didn't stay the 1m5, could run at Ascot.

R27 She Is Great - Mike considered the winner a godo thing and so it proved. She hit the front 3f out, was then outpaced, but stayed on again for 2nd never troubling the winner. Good run.

So its now Royal Ascot and I think I have chances in two group races and a couple who will be winning big handicaps!!!

Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:22 pm
Group 1 winner

:D Got my first flat win to go with my jump winner TWO :shock:

Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:47 am
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

Some good efforts from my lot this week with 1 winner and 4 others making the frame.

1 Trade Price (1st) - Badly drawn on first 2 starts. She missed the break this time and I feared the worst, but she made giant strides to join the leaders and ended up in front earlier than I would have liked. Jockey reported that she loved the going and idled in the last furlong. Next run will be in either the Lowther at York or the Moonfleet Trophy back at Sandown.
2 Sapphire (3rd) - I was hoping she would be a guineas prospect when the season started. Not up to that level but looks capable of winning a handicap. Ran well here giving weight to most of her rivals and might have finished a bit closer with a clearer run.
3 Richard Cranium (2nd) - Another solid effort from him especially as he had to make the running which does not suit. Winner was too good. Jockey reported that he loved the fast ground but was a bit too keen early.
5 Happy Feet (8th) - She ran ok but got outpaced over the last few furlongs. She should appreciate a step up in trip nto.
6 Forgetmenot (3rd) - She wasn't expected to stay the trip, so I'm really pleased with that effort. She was in the front rank all the way and only lost 2nd close home. No chance with the winner Aftershock.
8 Miss Muffet (5th) - Ran well without looking like troubling the judge. This one really likes it fast and will improve significantly when firm appears in the going description.
13 Scandalous (7th) - He raced wider than ideal for most of the race and got tired in the latter stages. Very good effort.
14 Black Ball (6th) - Drawn in the car park (16 of 17) and was always going to struggle. Ran well to finish 6th.
15 Melting Moment (13th) - Trip was too short and she was badly outpaced from the start.
19 Box Of Sparks (5th) - Absolutely gutted. The best juvenile in my stable and he can't even place in a 50-80 h/cap. He wasn't given the greatest of rides but should have still been able to win this comfortably.
23 Intoxication (14th) - Well beaten and finished distressed.
26 Broken (2nd) - First run over her best trip and she put up a decent effort to finish 2nd despite not getting the best of trips. No chance with the winner from Doza's stable who was too good.
27 Forest Prince (10th) - Drawn wide enough and 6f really stretches his stamina but this was still a pretty disappointing run from him this week

Well done all winners and placers.

Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:39 pm
Group 3 winner

Most of mine ran well without setting the tracks on fire.

Aspectus needs a stiffer 1m4f than epsom but ran well, Mismatch ran another cracker in the Guineas, was drawn wide or would have finished closer.
A couple of 2nds, the one that pleased me most is Laugh at me now in race 8 at the Curragh, drawn 19 out of 19 and was still there with every chance 1 furlong out and plugged onto finish 3rd, I really do think she will be placing in group 1's over 5f after week 7!!! :D

Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:38 pm
Handicapper

Disappionting week for me. Here's some comments on a few runners:

R4 - Merry Go Round - ran an ok 4th on a track he doesn't like at all.

R9 - Just A Feeling - ran 3rd in Irish 2000 guineas. Had lead late, but overtaken by two classier horses.

R10 - Supriana - This filly finds her own trouble. Would have challenged impressive winner if she got out any earlier. Exploded late for 3rd when she finally got loose. Frustrating!

R12 - Ferrlatta - Terribly blocked as well, managed to get up for 4th.

R13 - Glover - Blocked terribly also. Had no chance to run. Got up for 4th when finally clear with a few strides to go. Grrrrrr!

R15 - Fun Colours - 5th in G2 sprint. Obviously very disappointed after huge win the week prior. Hope to bounce back with a big performance in Golden Jubilee. Congrats to Killbox on the win, and nice run by Stars and Clouds for 2nd.

R20 - Someday - Dominant win in 110 handicap at Epsom. She runs 5 lengths better at Epsom compared to other tracks. Back to G1 comp now.

R21 - Moonstone - Terribly disappointed in his 5th place finish. Epsom is a whacky track, and I think the best horses didn't handle the track.

Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:08 am
Selling plater

Can't believe Storyteller won the Derby! I had flagged my hopes early in the season as he looked special in trials but I did not think he had shown the required level of form prior to this, and thought he had an outside place chance at best. He loves Epsom though and got a beautiful run throughout to give me my best win of the season so far.

Nice to be back in the G1 winners enclosure :-)

Congrats to all the other winners - roll on Royal Ascot!

Padraig

Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next