View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 NHC Week 7 races 
Group 1 winner

Post NHC Week 7 races
http://www.sopl.info/files/tom/season12 ... nhc07c.zip

Some great races this week, race 11 the Argento a particular highlight and some great comms from Jamie.

Getting closer to Cheltenham now so would be good to hear some initial thoughts from trainers on plans/targets for the Festival.

From my stable Enemy of the State is a confirmed runner in the Neptune. Pickpocket will probably try and defend his World Hurdle crown although it is dependent on the ground as Carpe Diem will prefer good ground. If not he'll probably have to shoulder top weight in the Pertemps or wait for Aintree/Punchestown. A lack of options at 3m means that Turtle Bow will probably go for the RSA and Pride of the Park will go for the Foxhunters instead of the Gold Cup. Will be throwing Earthquake straight in the Champion Chase and Gold Coin in the Champion Hurdle.

Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:58 pm
Group 1 winner

Some great races and the comms are fantastic. The last half mile of each race is incredible, it was like being at Cheltenham when they're coming up the hill listening to the comms and Im pretty sure the old hairs on the neck came up just as they used to at Prestbury.

Lovely work by all and great races. Well done all winners/placers

Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:02 pm
Group 1 winner

Globe Trotter (1st). She will run one more time this season and that's it for her. The rating she is on is to high now for Handicaps. Lovely stayer who is now 3 from 3.
Clear Mura (4th). Seems to be hit and miss this mare, her form in my trails are very good. Hoping she can win another race before the season is over.
Likeabatoutofhell (1st). Finally gets his head in front of a top class field. Was beginning to think he was just an average horse. Beat some of the best 2mC around this week. Will go to his favourite track in week 9 with a massive chance.
Active Duty (1st). Thought i'd put her in this race to give her a run and save her Handicap mark for Cheltenham. Didn't think she would blow the field away :D
Karaka Jack (6th). Never got into the race, Just experimenting really.
Aurora County (2nd). Name of the game in this league is jumping she didn't do that at all this week and still nearly won the race. Sure there is a nice race for her this season.
Viking Lecture (12th). So tough carry big weights in these stayers races, specially in heavy ground. Surely his mark has to come down a little now.
Cookie Crumbles (2nd). What a cracking race this was! That 1lb pull cost me the race, but am very happy with her efforts this week. Ground just a bit to soft for her. Congrats Jimmy nice horse you have there mate. Will cya at Cheltenham :wink:
Moujik Borget (4th). Pleased with the run this week, should put him spot on for the World Hurdle and the rest of the 3m G1 races at the festivals. Nice win that Rich, PICKPOCKET can run in the Albert Bartlett Novices Hurdle instead of the Pertemp mate?
I Kiss Ass (2nd). Giving the winner 4lb and ran a great race. Will be one of the FAVS for the JCB Triumph Hurldle at Cheltenham.
Brave Echo (7th). Didn't pick up this week, ran very flat. Nice win Jamie, been knocking on the door that horse.
Borget Poker (4th). Thought he would win this race, seems to pick up way to late in his races. Still a nice run giving weight to the field.
Stand Clear (2nd). Ran a blinder considering the trip was on the short side. Was staying on again in the final furlong, but the winner had flown. Congrats Thunder.
Maeglin Ancalime (1st). Another win this week takes him to 4 wins on the bounce and 3 G1's on the trot. One of the best if not the best horse in the league this season.
Skinkeyz (3rd). Disappointed!! He made 2 very bad errors in the race and was checked on 3 occasions when starting to make his move 5f out. He just ran out of gas in the end. Take nothing away from the winner, very nice mare you have there Anadin. Cya at Ascot next week.
Hoop Fire (5th). Good effort this week, congrats Davey on your win. Takes a very good stayer to win of a big weight.
Playful King (5th). Excellent run this week, of 11st 11lb. Should improve even more when the ground comes quicker later in the season.

Another great week for my jumpers 4 wins and a load of placed efforts. Makes all the time and effort worth while.

Week 8 looks very tough. Most of mine will be statying at home. Getting them all ready for there big day at Cheltenham.

Thanks Rich, kenny and also Jamie on some seriously good comms this week. Make the races 10x better viewing :D

Congrats to all winners and place getters. Cheltenham is fast aproaching, gonna start a Cheltenham Festival Preview.

Last edited by Hemz on Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:01 pm
Group 1 winner

Thank god mine are starting to show some form, most of them just chucked into graded races and have come good (ish!) They all love Cheltenham and will be looking to grab a good handicap there! Well done all, and back by popular demand work permitting I shall try and do a whole Cheltenham preview but due to time constraint's I shall start with the Grade 1's and work down, If any one wants to help out as well then by all means! I have limited time but shall try get as much as possible done from next saturday!

Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:01 pm
Group 1 winner

Thank god mine are starting to show some form, most of them just chucked into graded races and have come good (ish!) They all love Cheltenham and will be looking to grab a good handicap there! Well done all, and back by popular demand work permitting I shall try and do a whole Cheltenham preview but due to time constraint's I shall start with the Grade 1's and work down, If any one wants to help out as well then by all means! I have limited time but shall try get as much as possible done from next saturday!

Nice one Nick. Those preview are top draw mate, loved them last season. Really adds to the build up for the Festival :D

Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:06 pm
Group 1 winner

Rich can you take a look at week 7 race 4 mate please.

There is quiet a few races messed up with the wrong results.

Cheers

Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:40 pm
Group 1 winner

Only 5 runners for me this week, so really pleased with the results. 1 winner, 1 second and 2 thirds

2. Mrs Penny (2nd) - Led early and thought she was going to drop out of contention at one point. Ran on well and was closing on the winner all the way to the line. Good effort.
5. Hazel Nut (15th) - Top weight and carried at least 10lbs more than everything else in the race. She also raced wide and doesn't stay this trip. She should have stayed at home.
14. Over The Top (3rd) - Another solid effort. He was simply beaten by 2 better horses.
22.Leon (1st) - Absolutely delighted to win the short hurdle final. 2m2f on a stiff track suited him down to the ground and he won well.
23. For Sale (3rd) - Good effort to make the frame and would have finished closer if he'd not been so slow over the last 2 flights. Really solid effort from the winner Short Story who put up a good front running display and held on well in the final furlong.

Well done all winners and placers.

Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:15 pm
Handicapper

Somethingabouther Race 15

Will now go for coral cup.

Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:32 pm
Group 1 winner

Many thanks for the kind words on my commentaries it means alot. :D

Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:06 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]