View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 CHELTENHAM FESTIVAL 
Group 1 winner

Post CHELTENHAM FESTIVAL
Your thoughts and targets for Cheltenham Week. This is what the NHC season is all geared up to, the best meeting in the League/World.

Race 1: State Elegant - Hopeful of big improvement from her at the festival with the ground drying out. Will be very happy with a top 4 finish.
Race 2: Brave Echo - This has been the target all season, she does love it round here and a fast pace will be right up her street.
Race 3: Active Duty - Very well Handicapped for this race, she really does love it round here and i thinking she is defo the one to beat. She was at one point my RSA horse, that could still change if MA doesn't race in it.
Race 4: Japanese - Some seriously good 2mH this season, mine have just been below top class. This ground will be a big plus for him. Would love to retain my crown in this race. Got a good outside chance but will need things to drop just right for him.
Race 5: Hoop Fire - If last season is anything to go by, horses carring big weights around here have a good chance of winning. This horse will not be far away this week.
Race 6: Clear Mura - A strong pace and that stiff hill will see her run close here. Been hit and miss this season. Another race i'd like to retain again.
Race 7: Pink Magic - Serious horse round here. Will run a huge race, one of my strong fancies for the week. She is G1 class.
Race 8: J T Morgan - Another who loves it round here. My worst horse in the stable but gets in very handy with his weight. If not in top 3 il be gutted.
Race 9: Miss Attitude - Been the aim all season is this race. Loves 4m on Good ground. If she stays upright will win am sure of it.
Race 10: Editorial Rush - Think i've finished 2nd in this race the last four season. Ground not to her liking but should run a major race. Big Chance.
Race 11: Maeglin Ancalime - Not sure he should run this week, just haven't seen that spark with him around here on this ground. Really want to run him but also not sure he can win tbh. He's the best horse in the race by a country mile. Will leave it until the last minute, then make my final decison Saturday. The owners want to race him but am having second thoughts.
Race 12: Likeabatoutofhell - Really pleased with his effort the other week in the Victor Chandler. Ground maybe a little quick, but he loves it round here.
Race 13:
Race 14:
Race 15: Jack Mor - Banker material!! From what i've seen this season, there isn't a faster horse over the NHF to beat him. Cannot wait to see him race.
Race 16: Shabra Hill - If i didn't have Skinkeyz in my stable he would be going for the Ryanair Chase. If only i could have two runners in one race. Will be a warm order for this race.
Race 17:
Race 18: Skinkeyz - My best 2m4/5 Chaser i've ever had. Another who if he stays on his feet it's a formality. Will be a very short priced favourite. This is one race i've always wanted to win in the league.
Race 19: Borget Poker - Had a change of plan with this race. Moujik Poker was gonna be in here, but this lad has been doing very well on this ground. Hope he doesn;t leave his run to late.
Race 20: Aurora County - Will be tough giving weight away in such a top class Handicap. Still think she will be thereabouts.
Race 21:
Race 22: I Kick Ass - Would love to win this race for the 2nd year running. Will be spot on for the race, though am not keen on 2mH this season.
Race 23:
Race 24: Moujik Poker - Was my World Hurdle horse, but not trailed has good on this ground. Should be in the mix at the business end of the race.
Race 25:Hemsworth Star - Reminds me of Super Satin a lot. She loves Cheltenham/ground/trip. Am very nervous and excited at the same time. If things fall right for her, will be thereabouts. It was a hard choice between her and Cookie Crumbles. Hope i've made the right decision. If she wins, this will more than likely be my last ever season in the league.
Race 26:Cookie Crumbles - Lovely chaser. Been unlucky this eason in one or two races. Will be spot on for this race.
Race 27: What A Charm - Lovely 2m4fH, just below my very best. Should have a say in the outcome of this race. Ground is perfect will have no excuses if beaten.
Race 28:

My strong fancies for this week are....

Skinkeyz, Jack Mor, Cookie Crumbles, Miss Attitude, Hemsworth Star (we have defo not seen the best of her yet.) Will be my main horse for the reminder of the season top 3m Chasers.

Last edited by Hemz on Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:19 pm
Group 1 winner

Race 1: Happy Valley - Been running well, but ideally wants soft ground
Race 2: Esoteric - Likes Cheltenham, has a shout
Race 3: Everything -Well weighted and coming to form. Should be thereabouts.
Race 4: Tree Oil - Ground against. Will be lucky to place
Race 5: Excaliber - Ground will suit better. Strong chance
Race 6: Destiny Range - Won well last week, but wants the mud
Race 7: Happy Existence - Ground against, but likes Cheltenham. Possible place
Race 8: Minister - Too much weight
Race 9:. Satisfaction - Should have a chance with a clear round
Race 10:Where The Girls - Likes it here
Race 11: Common People - Loves the ground and course. Already group 1 winner. My best chance
Race 12: Liquidation - Making up the numbers
Race 13: Drinkwater - too short and too much weight
Race 14:
Race 15: Gracious - ground against and too short
Race 16: Apache Brave - no chance
Race 17: Water Wolf - still weighted ok. Place chance
Race 18: Sugarland Dandy - Likes course. Place chance
Race 19: Stone Of Tears - Too short. Might run into a place
Race 20: Jelaluddin Balkhi - Better than his form suggests,. may surprise
Race 21: Pacific Paradise - Optimistic entry
Race 22: Duel At Noon - A little short and ground not soft enough
Race 23:
Race 24: Klaatu Barada Nicto - Likes course, but not in this class
Race 25: Perfect Valley - no chance
Race 26: King Of Fools - Can get the distance. Will be thereabouts
Race 27: Texas Ranger - Disappointing. See no reason for a change of fortune
Race 28: Shalom Being fading late, but does not really like this course

Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:01 pm
Group 1 winner

Really cut up about whether to run Carpe Diem in the World Hurdle because she is the better horse on good ground or let Pickpocket defend his crown.

Would it be an abuse of my power if I entered them both, because I can? :lol:

New rule: defending champions are automatically eligible for any Cheltenham, Aintree, Punchestown festival race on top of a trainers standard entry.

In all seriousness that's not a bad idea... I've always wanted to see more returning horses and that would be suitable encouragement without seeing field sizes swell to ridiculous amounts. Could also translate to UKRA with the Royal Ascot, Breeders Cup and Meydan festival meetings

Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:12 pm
Group 1 winner

I would love to see more than one entry, can i have Cookie Crumbles in the Gold Cup along with Hemz Star and Skinkeyz and Shabra Hill in the Ryanair Pleaseeeee :wink:

That's a great idea rich. Think it should happen for sure in future leagues or this season.

Year after year horses come back to cheltenham to defend there crowns BIG BUCKS, KAUTO STAR, MASTER MINDED to name just a few.

Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:23 pm
Group 1 winner

Exactly, too late to do it this year but definitely something for the future.

Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:52 pm
Group 3 winner

Will post mine soon...

Really cut up about whether to run Carpe Diem in the World Hurdle because she is the better horse on good ground or let Pickpocket defend his crown.

New rule: defending champions are automatically eligible for any Cheltenham, Aintree, Punchestown festival race on top of a trainers standard entry.

In all seriousness that's not a bad idea... I've always wanted to see more returning horses and that would be suitable encouragement without seeing field sizes swell to ridiculous amounts. Could also translate to UKRA with the Royal Ascot, Breeders Cup and Meydan festival meetings

Seriously i would love to see this rule would be great to run Doctor Bond in GN again with New Design :D

Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:21 pm
Group 3 winner

Race 1: Hawkeye - Running well all year without winning. Hopeful.

Race 2:

Race 3: Troy Polamalu - Consistent but might be outpaced

Race 4: Dick Whittingham - Being knocking on the door in top races without winning. 2nd in the champion hurdle trail and also in the Irish champion hurdle. Horse loves Cheltenham and I think will go really close if there's a strong gallop.

Race 5: Nubian Dignitary - Has been unlucky 2nd last too runs. Will love he step up in trip.

Race 6: Domination - Will be outclassed

Race 7: Midnight Express - Better run last time but will be outclassed

Race 8: Shooter Fortunate - Having its last run of the season, has been very disappointing but loves cheltenham.

Race 9: Breakfast Date - Dour stayer having its first run of the season.

Race 10: Grey Racer Ii - Was a good 2nd last week. Hoping he can go one better.

Race 11: Espirt De Cote - Could be the one betting without Hemz horse

Race 12: Dancing Braved - No Chance

Race 13: Bob Bob Bobbin - Finally came good last time out. Has been aimed at the coral cup since the start of the season so expecting a good run. It could be really well handicapped.

Race 14: Good Aim - Ran its best race yet last time up. Hoping for a place at best.

Race 15: Dancing Flight - No chance, running for the sake of running. Owners want a day out.

Race 16: Key To The Kingdom - Could sneak into place money.

Race 17: Jamaican Rain - If gets own way in front could go well.

Race 18: Gregory Peck - Will be outclassed

Race 19: Rite Of Yeats - Has the beating of a lot of these on a previous run. Ignore its run in the Cleve hurdle. 2 decent runs over fences since. Stay's further than this trip. Will try and steal it from the front.

Race 20: Further Flight - slight chance.

Race 21: Vison Of Peace - I think it will run a cracker

Race 22:

Race 23:

Race 24: Aintree - No chance.

Race 25: Eric Kelly - Aimed at the Gold Cup since he was bred. Won the Hennesey and then won the Argento Chase over course and distance last time out. I really fancy this one.

Race 26: Ballyneale Boy - Expecting a decent run. Cookie Crumbles will be tough to beat though.

Race 27: Lesson In Humility - Making up the numbers.

Race 28: Dream Ahead - 4 races over fences and fell 3 times. Ran well last time out in a grade 2 but made several mistakes. If it gets round I think it will be the one they all have to beat.

My best chances are Eric Kelly in the Gold Cup, Rite of Yeats in the World Hurdle and Dick Whittingam in the Champion Hurdle who is a maiden but loves Cheltenham.

Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:52 pm
Group 1 winner

Race 1: Button Sword - Been disappointing, Is inconsistent, has talent at home,. place if lucky.
Race 2: Spalsh Viento - No chance, owners wanted a runner in the Arkle.
Race 3: Saoia Chesnut -Well weighted but inconsistent. might place.
Race 4: Dark Divine - Impressed lto on Hurdle debut in listed event a step up here, could surprise with a place.
Race 5: La Mouline - Never been to Cheltenham, but distance and ground are right, just might have to carry to much.
Race 7: Orwellian - Being pushed up in distance in this listed event, No chance.
Race 8: Mungo - been running in races short of distance back to 2.2 here, where it had its best finish 4th in a 16 runner maiden, doesnt seem to like Cheltenham on previous runs here. would be relying on others mistakes to take anything.
Race 9:. Dabistan - Been disastrous chasing moores million money in the past but prob in the right race here, will go well if in the mood.
Race 10:Manifestando- Prob out of its class with the quality of the field, but can run well on its day, might squeak a place.
Race 12: Gordie Gal - Ran a blinder on its first time over fences in a G2 event lto, step up in class here, if she likes Cheltenham she might run a big race.
Race 13: Kippers - 3rd lto in similar event, should go well. she is a bit of a madam and will depend on her mood.
Race 16: Nevada Pegasus - 3rd three times out over same distance in G2 events, should be there or there abouts again.
Race 17: Alma AFC - Cant get this one placed right, step up in trip to see if the home trials are to be believed. Prob here for the numbers.
Race 18: Exaltation - Here after GR1 win (stables first ever) in Ireland but was disappointing lto. Been round the course a couple of times and was leading at the last when fell last time here, will give a big run.
Race 19: Covi Santo - Involved in the Hurricane Run final last week, carrying top weight coming home 4th, connections still happy, but pushing her to 3m in this might be too much, sneaky chance.
Race 25: Saoia Pearl- no chance.
Race 27: Flaxen Market - Will run well. hopeful of a place if he can get the distance.
Race 28: Kipling - will end up weighted out of this one and has little form.

Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:41 am
Group 1 winner

Excellent read guys. Hope more add there thoughts :)

Am nervous about Eric Kelly Jimmy. You could have star horse there mate, what's he like on quicker ground?

Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:52 am
Group 3 winner

Excellent read guys. Hope more add there thoughts :)

Am nervous about Eric Kelly Jimmy. You could have star horse there mate, what's he like on quicker ground?

Not ideal but he seems to go on it well in trials.

Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:54 am
Group 1 winner

Race 1 Gracie Falls - gets the ground needed but front runner and questionable stamina even over this minimum trip.
Race 2 Earthquake - G2 winner but needs it softer. Place claims.
Race 4 Gin And Tonic - G1 winner who again prefers softer ground, still holds and entry in the Triumph as a 4yo, need to trial and see if he gets the extra furlong.
Race 6 Airbus - will improve for the ground but carries a penalty.
Race 8 Adelaide Of Aquilane - trials well but has disappointed this season.
Race 10 Enemy Of The State - G1 winner gets his ground. Banker.
Race 11 Turtle Bow - place claims unless Hemz falls.
Race 15 Tubal - needs softer, will ensure decent gallop
Race 16 Father Of Science - a game front running type, dodgy jumping has hindered him before but hoping better ground helps.
Race 18 Valetta - gutsy mare but flattered by fallers in previous races. This is her ground though.
Race 19 Pickpocket - defending champion returns. Prefers soft ground but won on good to firm last year.
Race 23 Spectacular - nah.
Race 24 Carpe Diem - better than Pickpocket but is a Novice so takes this route.

Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:19 pm
Group 1 winner

Race 2 - Khyber Pass: He's been running well all season and deserves to take his chance. Definite place claims on form but might prefer softer ground.
Race 3 - Ignition Highly tried in recent weeks and is making his h/cap debut here.
Race 4 - Marksman: Toss up between the Champion Hurdle and Supreme Novices. Owner has plumped for the Champion because "that novice race looks really hot". In any case the ground has gone against him and he's going to struggle.
Race 6 - Wood Beez: Owner wants to have a day out.
Race 7 - Zambezi: Won well lto. This is tougher and he's very unlikely to stay the trip.
Race 8 - Leon: Good win lto but this is much tougher. Good going is a negative as well.
Race 9 - Peninsular: If the fences don't get in the way he has a good e/w chance.
Race 10 - Penny Lane: She has improved at a rate of knots these last few weeks. She races prominently and might help set the race up for a few of the classier types. Stable will be chuffed if she can finish in the first 5.
Race 11 - Beautiful City: Best form in trials was on good ground but has raced like she wants plenty of cut. Unlikely to trouble Hemz Fav but might sneak a place with any luck.
Race 13 - Hurricane Joe: Highly tried since encouraging debut win. Taking a big drop in class and should be thereabouts.
Race 16 - Keep Faith: Tough and genuine and has conditions to suit. Likely to find 1 or 2 too good, but he won't be far away.
Race 17 - For Sale: Has been running well in h/caps at around 3m. Likely to be vulnerable to 1 or 2 of the bottom weights.
Race 20 - Dufflecoat: Needs much softer going. No chance.
Race 21 - Gold Trader: She works well on the gallops but has shown absolutely nothing on the track. Has no chance on form but stable rate her highly and one day she just might show what she can do. Then again...
Race 22 Over The Top: He's run some cracking races this season but always finds 1 or 2 too good. Expect the same to happen here.
Race 23 - Spring Thing: Has been running over 2m mainly on soft/heavy going. Hopefully, she will improve over the extra furlong and the better ground will also be in her favour. If she runs into a place the stable be delighted.
Race 24 - Golden Gun: Has been running well over this trip all season and has a solid e/w chance.
Race 25 - Picture Book: Not certain she will see out the last furlong but has definite place claims if she does.
Race 27 - Spring Chick: She has been struggling to carry top weight in h/caps or running in group races most of the season. This is more like her level and she should run well.
Race 28 - Door Latch: Best run of the season came over the minimum trip. She will have a nice weight but might find a few a bit too quick in the closing stages.

Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:23 pm
Group 1 winner

Race 1 - Amaretto Rose: Has been brought along slowly and has come to hand recently winning two Grade 2 hurdles before disappointing in a muddling affair last time. She likes Cheltenham and the quicker ground will suit and has to be on the shortlist.

Race 2 - Zoffany: Comes here on the back of a Henry VIII success at Sandown. Will love the quicker ground, jumps well and should have bold claims of hitting the frame.

Race 8 - Mohafazaat: Not sure what to make of her form, doesn't trial that well at home anymore so more of a 'chuck-it-and-chance-it' type entry but we'll see how she goes.

Race 11 - Jalil: Was toying with the Gold Cup with this horse but he doesn't quite stay the trip, so we've decided to go for the RSA here over three miles. The ground will hold no terrors for him, and he remains in good order after his Lexus Chase success.

Race 12 - Treasure Beach: Finally got it together last time at Doncaster after a string of placed efforts when taking a Grade 2. He loves the ground on offer and goes well at Cheltenham and I'm hopeful he'll either win, or go very close.

Race 19 - Waabesh: Goes into the World Hurdle as the favourite and horse with a big reputation, and a costly mistake ended his winning sequence last time. He goes well at Cheltenham but the ground has come up on the quick side, and that could prove enough to beat him, as he loves getting his toe in.

Race 22 - Archibishop: I have been waiting for a combination of better ground and Cheltenham for this horse, and we've got it. Providing we get a half decent pace I think he'll make the first three in the Triumph and is worth an each-way bet at big odds.

Race 27 - Singspiel: A strange horse who doesn't seem to produce the goods in the league and has stopped doing so at home also. Hopeful the better ground will see him to better effect but wouldn't be too confident with this one.

Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:26 am
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Race 1 Boombastic - Very consistent so far, never being worst than 2nd and finally winning last time out. Has a good chance here.

Race 2 Sunnybane - Not my best 2m chaser but so far doing ok

Race 4 Anomalie - She has a good chance to win here. Has won 3 but has struggled last 2 races with higher weight.

Race 6 Rainbeam - Has won last 3 races after having a terrible start at 3m and 2m7f. She seems to prefer 2m4 and has a good chance in this race.

Race 7 Mighty River - Has had a terrible season so far falling the last 2 race.

Race 8 High Wind - Another horse which has underperformed all season. Low chance to win.

Race 10 Antiguq - After winning her first 2 races, has struggled. Some tough company in this race.

Race 12 Wintersbite - Tough loss last time out. She did not like the extra 1f. Back to 2m race and hopefully she goes back to her winning ways.

Race 15 Epyon - no chance here. Jack Mor looks too strong.

Race 17 Imitate - G3 Hand race. Lower weight might help his chances.

Race 22 Sky Plummet - Tough loss last time out carrying extra weight. Although still says she won that race according to TOM.

Race 27 Genword - Won last 2 races but were handicaps. Running in listed race with a tougher group and will probably carry more weight.

Race 28 Top Sign - Lightly race and not one of my best but has a decent chance in this handicap race. If 75% of the horses fall she might win.

Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:14 am
Group 2 winner

Race 3: Sugar House - Good win last time out, hoping for a good run
Race 6: Lets Go Mo - No Chance
Race 7: Rose Em - Showing good form at home, might be outclassed
Race 13: Dirty Tango - Will love the ground
Race 14: Snooker Loopy - Distance maybe on the short side
Race 15: Talking Parrot - No chance with Jack Mor, nice day out for the Parrot
Race 16: Captain Marvel - Two good 2nds in a row, 3rd time lucky?
Race 17: No Device - Has a little form, should finish top 6
Race 20: Wales - No chance really, but you never know
Race 21: Hand Fever - My top chance of a win this week, very consistant horse
Race 23: Matty Full - Has won at this distance, will love ground
Race 26: Square Mile - Looks a good race, top 6 finish maybe
Race 27: Telling Lies - Not as good as I thought he was, no chance
Race 28: Billy Bat - Right ground, right distance...wont win

Last edited by 17days on Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next