View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 im loving it !! 
Group 1 winner

Post im loving it !!
can i just say that in my first full season here ive really enjoyed the whole experience and a big thank you to everyone involved from top to bottom. ive now got to the stage where i cant wait for friday to come! i think the league has made giant strides under rich (imo) and the atmosphere and banter is superb long may it continue.and a special thanks to the top trainers who have given away some really helpful secrets especially scatters whos ascot trialling times guide were extremly informative in the denagging my string

many thanks steve

Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:07 am
Group 1 winner

Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:55 am
Group 1 winner

Yep Id like to echo this. Just a shame I only found the game 6 months ago, I've missed so much. Cant wait for next season!

I dont want to write a list of names through fear of missing someone off. But TOM, running the races, handicapper, comms, stewards, reviews/previews, odds compiling and bringing everyone together/ironing out problems has taken up huge amount of peoples time.

So thanks everyone.

Oh and yes Scatters and Thunder for helping with my breeding. I was thinking the other day that we can write a guide for new trainers or some struggling this season. I've learnt a lot already and as said cant wait for the next one!

Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:08 am
Group 1 winner

Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:49 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

would love a guide to breeding for lge

This is a good read, by some top trainers past & present :D

http://www.sopl.info/documents/soplbt.pdf

Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:19 pm
Group 1 winner

http://www.startersorders.com/phpBB2/vi ... rs+thunder

Have you read the above thread?

There is much more to it than breeding. I dont think I'll win a G1 but for me winning the races I've won this season, expected two or three wins, has been down to some decent, not amazing, breeding and the schedule is great.

It is VERY important to have a balanced stable. That means 2yo, 3yo and 4yo+. It also means having horses at all distances. There is hardly any point having 4-5 sprinters, 4-5 milers etc. There is a great post about how you could've balanced your yard this season.

If you had horses at 3 and 4yo who would run at the distances below that is a good starting point imo. Others please feel free to disagree or add to this, its only my first season. I uploaded too many horses at the same distance because they were my best horses. That was a mistake. But I have no horse to run at 2m and could've won a handicap or if I had. There are 8 distances below which would give you 16 horses already, one at 3yo and one at 4yo+. That's without 2yo's or having one of each sex.

5f
6f
1m
10f
12f
14f
2m
2m4

Im sure there will be lots of discussion re this season. I think it has been a huge success, but like anything in life we can improve on things. There are already some ideas bouncing around and everybody's important, wether your scatters, someone like me or someone struggling your input is vital to the league as a whole.

Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]