View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 3:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 NH - Week 9 Races (Cheltenham Festival) 
Group 1 winner

Unbelievable, just unbelivable!!!

Never thought I would win 2 G1 races!!

Well done to all the winners and placers.

R2 Looking At You (1st) - to be honest didn't think it would win, thought for sure some other horse would close it down but it hung on :)

R4 Eagle Rock (11th) - totally outclassed.

R10 Golden Serenity (4th) - Outclassed but I think her best distance is 3800m so will try to place at 4000m and under.

R15 Redcraze (2nd) - nearly pulled it off but can't be disappointed with coming second to Jack Mor

R24 Galleon (1st) - How did it come back to win??? Carpe Diem was unlucky

Can someone tell me if I was lucky in my 2 G1 wins as I'm not a good judge of NHC racing?

Cheers all.

Congrats Scatters

How are you liking the jumps league?

For me your horses won well. The name of the game is jumping in this league, specially at Cheltenham and 2m Chasers.

Looking At You jumped super all way round. I feel i would have been close if not for a bad mistake 3f out, one mistake can cost you the race. That's why i love this league so much and in general. You can have the best horse in the race, but it doesn't always win.

Galleon did it very well from the front mate and looked to have saved some energy for the end of the race.

So for me you wasn't lucky at all, you horses jumped better in the two races and the timings of your runs wore spot on imo. If they wore GOOD ground horses, that's a big plus as well :)

Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:51 pm
Group 3 winner

Thanks Duke for the link and all the work you done gimme your address I send you a packet of Tunes or Soothers, your choice. Love the coms just makes it 2x better but you should look after yourself 1st.

No wins for me, roll on Aintree lol, 2 seconds in hcps is good though and 5th in gold cup so I`m happy. I love Cosmic Blaster she is the stable star and may come back next season, she`s still a maiden so... Also Skip n Click ran on well after stuffing up early. Would love to see Morley street jump well but oh well.

Loved it all, can we do it again next week lol?

Had a bet Waabesh so I win some!!!

Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:41 am
Handicapper

Im on holiday in Cyprus and have'nt watched the races yest but i could'nt resist having a peak in TOM at the results......Short Story does it again for me in the Pertemps, he's such a game front runner and im so happy to have a winner. Shifting Sands ran well too finishing 2nd in the Fluke Walwyn. Roll on Aintree.

Congrats to all winners in what looked a fantastic festivel.

Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:18 am
Group 1 winner

Well done everybody and Duke your comms are superb, even pronouncing my tongue tingeing stables name "La Zarzuela" in the Istabraq.

A few good runs from mine a couple got themselves in trouble and may of placed better, but a win in the Pipe listed race will do.

Well done all.

Last edited by Anadin on Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:03 am
Group 1 winner

Amazing races, great comms and some impressive winners. I love NH but not sure i have the time to build a NH stable, though Id like to for next season.

Jamie can we have this weeks flat races please! :)

Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:16 am
Group 1 winner

Thanks for the kind words guys on the comms, much appreciated.

Thanks for the offer of some throat sweets DT, :lol: can't seem to shake off this annoying cough I've had for seemingly weeks verging onto months now which is rather bloody annoying!!

Really happy with the week as a whole which saw some rather impressive performances especially from the unbeaten monster Maeglin Ancalime, but what a performance from my boy Waabesh, off such a slow pace like that (he'd of hated it) and still managed to win easy was a thrill I haven't experienced in the UKRA for some time, and I'm building a solid NH stable for next season now.

Gutted with the fall of Treasure Beach as I think he'd of gone close, probably wouldn't of beaten the excellent Scatters trained winner though. Strange, he jumps fine in my race builder. :shock:

A brilliant week with some cracking winners, and the opening race was a joy to be involved in narrowly getting beaten with Amaretto Rose by Hemz's State Elegant. :(

Need to find something for the Gold Cup next season. Will Eric Kelly return to defend his crown next year JJ? Or do you have something better up your sleeve down at Slievenamon Stables?

Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:33 am
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

Need to find something for the Gold Cup next season. Will Eric Kelly return to defend his crown next year JJ? Or do you have something better up your sleeve down at Slievenamon Stables?

Eric Kelly will be back next season. The Gold Cup will be the target again. I've got a few horses in the works who can compete with Eric including its brother Ned Kelly.

Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:32 pm
Group 3 winner

what a great cheltenham festival and made even better with all the comms thanks jamie and wd with waabesh

very happy here with 4 winners tarlatan the best one in DN only disappointments was Tarla who pulled up and Come To Sea not winning champion hurdle but she lost to superstar Anomalie who won well in a good time

congrats to everyone with winners and placers

roll on aintree cant wait to see Doctor Bond in GN and hopefully win again big ask but can hope lol also cant wait to see Maeglin Ancalime take on Eric Kelly

Last edited by David1uk on Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:00 am
Group 3 winner

ERIC KELLY!

What a performance!
Hemsworth Star was a shade unlucky though.

newbie winning gc cant believe it :roll:

congrats m8 :D

Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:02 am
Group 3 winner

I had a fantastic Cheltenham :D

Ive never had a winner at the festival before, but this time I had FOUR!!!

Dirty Tango - Race 13 (first time a commentator has called home a winner of mine)
Hand Fever - Race 21 (2nd win on the trot for him)
Matty Full - Race 23 (2nd win of the season)
Square Mile - Race 26 (win at last after a few top 6 finishes)

I gonna open the bubbly now :wink:

congrats m8

Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:04 am
Group 3 winner

Unbelievable, just unbelivable!!!

Never thought I would win 2 G1 races!!

Well done to all the winners and placers.

R2 Looking At You (1st) - to be honest didn't think it would win, thought for sure some other horse would close it down but it hung on :)

R4 Eagle Rock (11th) - totally outclassed.

R10 Golden Serenity (4th) - Outclassed but I think her best distance is 3800m so will try to place at 4000m and under.

R15 Redcraze (2nd) - nearly pulled it off but can't be disappointed with coming second to Jack Mor

R24 Galleon (1st) - How did it come back to win??? Carpe Diem was unlucky

Can someone tell me if I was lucky in my 2 G1 wins as I'm not a good judge of NHC racing?

Cheers all.

Congrats john both ran very good times so wouldnt say lucky

Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2