View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 UK Races Week 9 
Group 1 winner

Post UK Races Week 9
Sorry guys, had a few connectivity issues with the internet and laptop.

Here you go...

http://www.sopl.info/files/tom/season12/horses/races/ukra09c.zip

Enjoy. 8)

Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:28 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Hopefully that is the worst week I'll ever have. Bad draws, racing wide, chopped in running, horses getting no run for 3f and to top it off Late Run pulled up injured after 1f in a race I gave her a real chance in. Fat Bald Welshy did win the Stewards Cup, just got up, but even with that its a bit depressing. But have to take the rough with the smooth and move onto next week.

Well done all winners and placers. Thanks to those who run the races and did some lovely comms!

The formcard for the Stewards, in the ck, said that Fat Bald Welshy was pulled up last run when he finished 2nd in the Wokingham?

Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:32 pm
Group 2 winner

I had no winners, but 4 2nds and a 3rd :)

Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:24 pm
Handicapper

Grats to all winners and placers and thanx for the comms. No winners for me this week just some close 2nds.

Special grats to Scatters with 7 wins and Avionics with an impressive win. Also nice to see a lot of good stables in the league. Good competition is good for the league. I hope next season more improve to make it more exciting.

Maybe I should start playing again since some of my horses still aren't good enough and everyone else is improving

Only decent horse this week was Grizzlebee, finishing 2nd to Bold Alliance. The rest didnt perform well.

Cinderbluff - 5th
Tornado Chaser - 6th
Backlash - 12th
Ajax - 2nd
St Jude - 3rd
Fimble - 4th
Tunguska - 3rd

Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:56 pm
Group 1 winner

cant believe it 3rd winner for me shakkera has beenknocking at the door

EXAMINATION IS A MACHINE thought she had run out of petrol what a iron horse

Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:55 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

16 different winners again this week so well done to all the winners and placers.

Special mention to P Hogan with 4 winners and J Taylor, M Westwood and Steve Roe with 3 winners. Well done!!!!

Gee I think P Hogan is the handicap king!!!!

Congrats to D Robertson, Green Park Racing, Leon Jansen with 2 winners and A Cripps, Aaron Rowland, Jon Woodward, Liam Elvidge, Matthew Tully, Paul Rhodes, R Coates, R Goulding & Team DOZA with 1 winner.

Can't believe the season is ending soon :(

Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:54 pm
Handicapper

Glad to get my first flat winner this season with Hidden Destiny in 2m 2f Handicap.

Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:25 pm
Group 1 winner

Pumped to get sprint group success with both Jimmy Styles and Early March, the latter had been running well in handicaps all season and that run last time pointed out he was ready to step up in grade.

Gutted by the run of Zahoo, ran into trouble at a vital stage when beginning to close on the leaders and that was that - she'll now go for either the Dubai World Cup or the F&M Turf on the final day of the season.

Also really pleased to see Charles Dickens back in the winners enclosure. He cemented himself as one of the best two-year-olds in the league this season and he now goes for the Dewhurst at Newmarket.

Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:18 am
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

no winner but had some decent placers

best one was Dream Ahead ran well but just beaten by a better horse today will go for the Racing Post Trophy next and on heavy ground i feel he as a great chance

how unlucky was Star Frankel too
:(

congrats everyone with winners and placers

Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:24 am
Group 1 winner

Big Thanks to those who done the comms, ran the races and all the other bits and pieces that needed doing.

Thanks to Steve for the doing the ratings, Top job mate!

Well done to all the trainers Scatters mentioned who had winners, great to see such a spread of winners again this week, excellent stuff.

Now the run down....

RACE 1. CLICK..GRP 2..3/16.
4th and now 3rd in last races in grp 2 company, could not live with Jimmy Styles in this one but still a great showing, no change of plan same sort of race next week if possible.

RACE 2. ATONEMENT..GRP 2..6/16.
been running modestly in handicap races so far and decided to throw him in at the deep end, was pleasantly surprised with a 6th.

RACE 3. AGRIPINA..HCP..5/11.
unlucky not to have picked up a handicap win this season. Some good efforts going close but think shes in the grip of the handicapper at the moment.

RACE 5. MIND BOGGLING..HCP..10/16.
drawn 16/16 not sure if that was really a factor, would have preferred to be in the main group of runners. not sure where to place next.

RACE 6. BOLD TRAJECTORY..GRP 3..7/16.
some good sprinters involved in this race so very happy with the 7th place finish.

RACE 7. SPINAL TAP..GRP 1..2/16.
so close. ran an absolute blinder, thought she was going to get up and win came very close, getting closer with each race, next time hopefully! starspangled banner the winner ran with 3lb less may have just been to spinal taps disadvantage, nice win john.

RACE 8. SHAKE N SHAZOOM..GRP 2..4/14.
quality race with 4/5 in with a chance furlong and half out, she loves to come from the very back but may have just arrived on the seen a tad to early.

RACE 11. WICKED IMAGE..HCP..9/18.
strangest ride one of my horses has seen this season, jockey could not decide what he wanted to do, but then it was frankie. had really high hopes for her this season, won a handicap race which is great dont get me wrong but thought she would really push for the big honours.

RACE 16. CLAIRVOYANCE..HCP..12/12.
shocking, handy horse who challenged for the lead from the start under top weight, not surprised she trailed in last after that.

RACE 20. SASSY N SLICK..LISTED..2/19.
drawn 18/19. ran a bit wide on the bends for my liking but still came home in great fashion to finish a very good 2nd, great effort, nice win from COVER UP.... TEAM DOZA.

RACE 24. MEMORABELIA..LISTED..4/17.
ran a nice race, a bit high in the ratings for handicaps so possibly listed or grp3 next.

RACE 25. ZAFORA..GRP 1..4/16.
consistent peformer in group 1 company, everytime i think hes going to die and tail off into midfield he finds that bit more.
bold alliance PROVING TO BE A QUALITY HORSE.

RACE 26. CARA..HCP..5/10.
nice to see a horse win a race with top weight..parthenia P HOGAN.
looks like my cara may have had her one win for the season but will still see if we can find her a race she can be competetive in.

RACE 29. POINT BLANK..LISTED..1/_.
very pleased to get a winner for the week had noticed that in this race he would be receiving a good bit of weight of some horses with penaltys for placing in grp races, without the advantage dont think he would have beaten either RING THE ALARM.. TEAM DOZA or WARLOCK..KEVCON who has had him beaten twice this season already got this race selection spot on for him, also PACO GIRL..M WESTWOOD ran a blinder as well.

RACE 30. LEGION OF MERIT..LISTED..5/13.
did not disappoint gave his all, just seemed to run out of steam the last furlong .

RACE 32. TRIUMPHANT..GRP 1..6/15.
tried to steal the race by setting for home early, just could not see out the 1m 2f as well as the others, may drop to 1m 1f for a race see how he goes but would not be afraid to put him in this company again considering the quality involved he done well.
The winner and now 4/4, zamination looked impressive. congrats scatters. would like to have seen Zahoo..J TAYLOR get a clear run, got tied up on the rail and could not get her normal late storming run, fav horse of the season for me so far J.T ill be routing for her next race as long as she aint just about to pass one of mine on the line that is.

Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:50 pm
Handicapper

very pleased to get a winner for the week had noticed that in this race he would be receiving a good bit of weight of some horses with penaltys for placing in grp races, without the advantage dont think he would have beaten either RING THE ALARM.. TEAM DOZA or WARLOCK..KEVCON who has had him beaten twice this season already got this race selection spot on for him, also PACO GIRL..M WESTWOOD ran a blinder as well.

I had no idea Ring The Alarm had to carry all of that extra weight. Is there anywhere in the race entry page where we can see the possible weight penalties? I thought it would be equal weights, since it was not a handicap race, with the fillies getting a few pounds.

Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:39 pm
Group 1 winner

hackett wrote:

I had no idea Ring The Alarm had to carry all of that extra weight. Is there anywhere in the race entry page where we can see the possible weight penalties? I thought it would be equal weights, since it was not a handicap race, with the fillies getting a few pounds.

Hey Doza,

I only remember the penaltys from previous listed races this season mate, if you view the races result mentioned above in the construction kit at the top it displays the penaltys....

pens: male +3lbs, g1 plcd +14lbs , g2 plcd +10lbs , g3 plcd + 6lbs.

not even sure if they apply the max pens shown or a part of it but yours was probably carrying what felt like to jockeys round that track.

hope that helps a bit mate. Im sure someone knows exactly how it works and will explain it if ive gone a bit off.

Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]