View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Amendments To Flat Schedule 
Group 1 winner

Post Amendments To Flat Schedule
... have started.

I will post the changes here.

I have decided to re-work quite a lot of the flat schedule.

Basically handicaps will fall into two categories 65-80, and 81-95.

Most of the handicaps will be 3+ apart from some traditional handicaps.

I am going to implement a graded listed race programme for horses rated 96-110 - this will be right through the schedule to help horses too high in the weights and not good enough for group racing.

Winners of Listed and group races will receive the following boundaries.

G1: 122
G2: 118
G3: 114
Listed 110.

If your horses wins two listed races its rating will go up to 114. Thus ruling it out of listed races for a least two runs - most it will come down after a defeat in group racing is 3lb.

Steve

Look out for more information added over next few weeks - schedule should be done early December.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:46 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Amendments To Flat Schedule
That sounds good mate. Are we keeping 110 handicaps too?

Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:09 pm
Group 1 winner

No, top handicap racing mark will be 95.

If your horse is rated higher than that it will progress into Listed races off level weights.

If it gets well beaten in listed events it will soon drop back into handicaps.

I want the schedule to have natural progression.

.... also Listed events will be free of group two and group one winners, although some group three winners could drop back into listed if they dont make the grade after winning group three, but that could take a few races to happen.

I might make some of the listed races 96-110 listed handicaps. See what people want.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:24 pm
Group 1 winner

That will be much better for people who have horses rated 95+ and the listed handicap route is a good way to go. However some races such as the Royal Ascot handicaps - Hunt Cup, Wokingham, Britannia etc and then the Stewards, Ebor etc should be kept?

I think we have a good community here and with everyone contributing ideas the next schedule will be even better. The schedule this season was excellent, proven by nearly all trainers having a winner, as it meant that all trainers, no matter what level your horses, could win a race.

Its also good to see you wanting to improve things, Steve. Many thanks for all you hard work and time

Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:00 pm
Group 1 winner

I think the really top races Ebor etc should be 96-110 handicaps, but my thinking behind level weight listed races is this:

Lets say you have a horse rated 108 who finishes second in a listed handicap, it will probably go up 4lb to 112 and then be thrown into group racing without having won a race.

With the winner of a listed race receiving 110 the second horse will remain on 108 and be able to fight for another listed race.

I think these horses got lost last season, and I want to give them a chance to win a good race.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]