View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 12:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Season Coming to an end 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Season Coming to an end
hackett wrote:
East Pier Whitby wrote:
anubisrich wrote:
I echo this, especially Steve and Kenny who put in serious amounts of time on the handicapping side of things. The commentators (John and Jamie) have also been fantastic this season, they seem to get better year on year.

We might try out a few funky things in the next season. I'm definitely inclined to bring in one distance rules for sprinters, 2 distance for middle, 3 distance for stayers on the UKRA side of things. The main thing is going to be getting TOM up and running properly so I'm going to try and train myself up in that area.

I like the proposal in principle, but in practice it may reduce the number of runners per race and also the number of races a horse can compete in - especially sprinters.

My proposal would be to have four weeks of maidens, duplicating the existing first two weeks, just renaming the races. Each horse must run at least twice or once if they win a maiden. The highest rating will count.
After this, the only distances a horse can run over are the two outings in maiden company.
A winner of a maiden is likely to run in listed/group races so would be free to add distances to their preferences.
If a horse wants, needs to change distances then it should run in a listed/group race.

It would also have the advantage of being able to scratch runners easily, that don't meet the rules.

Just my initial thoughts - needs some discussion I think.

If this was done steve would that mean that all trainers would have to have there stable uploaded from the start of the season and no window in the maiden period?

If it was to be adopted, and Rich would need to say whether this is what he wants, you could in theory upload horses after week two and still be able compete in two maidens.

Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:54 pm
Group 3 winner

Yes been a great season thanks to everyone that helped out

Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:18 pm
Group 1 winner

I would like a strict rule where horses get 2 distances based on there maiden races. if its a mistake or an error then tough. You do need 2 distances as in case of Nunthorpe for example. I believe you need a good 6f horse to win this race and indeed a heavy or soft 5f race would equally be a good 6f horse to win this. Just my opinion but for SO5 we have the following restrictions.

5f~6f
6f~7f
7f~1m
1m~1m2f
1m2f~1m4f
1m4f ~1m6f
1m6f~2m
2m~2m4f (Done this as to be able to enter big staying races)

This would then be an exception, if you run in a 6f maiden your 2nd run must be either 7f or 5f to show what preference your horse wants. If you run 6f then 1m then 1mile would be taken as the distance and this horse would be a 7f~1m horse. Any mistakes in maidens is trainer fault and would not be altered.

2nd view l have is for awards and top horses, would love an extra week in both NH and flat which is called Champions week and are all Group 1 races, for example in the flat we would have 2 x 5f races (1 for male and 1 for female) all on good ground at newmarket max 16 runners and will be open to the top rated horses in league. This would be done for every distance to pitch the best against the best. I feel this is a great idea as a build up for the final week. Defo in the NH would love this as after Cheltenham feel these last 2 weeks are a bit of an afterthought and rather than move the festival have a championship week at cheltenham running similiar to flat, 2 x 2 mile races all on good ground at cheltenham and so on.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:48 pm
Handicapper

Thanks to everyone who has made the league what it is

Ive had my best season to date with Winners and afew placed

Have really enjoyed it and hope to build on this season

Thats the plan anyway

Again thanks to all

Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2