View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Attention Rich 
Group 1 winner

Post Attention Rich
Hi Rich,

Can you give administration authority to change/update the flat schedule.

Can do it gradually, rather than someone else having the big job of changing it all in one go.

Also players can keep in touch with the changes over the next few weeks.

Steve

Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:54 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Attention Rich
I can, I thought you already had access but I can add it if needed.

Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:28 pm
Group 1 winner

Can't access that area, 'edit race details'.

If you could add that appreciate it, thanks.

Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:33 pm
Group 1 winner

Try now

Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:21 pm
Group 1 winner

Thanks Rich, can access now.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:08 am
Group 1 winner

Rich,

Don't know whether you read my proposal for two maiden runs, with horses then confined to those two distances unless running in listed/group races.
With maidens in operation for four weeks instead of two.

Before I begin editing the schedule in TOM, I would need to know if we are having the four weeks of maidens, and if so what tracks to use.

Week 3 then becomes week 5 so don't want to start editing if your against the idea.

Let me know.

Steve

Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:23 am
Group 1 winner

Regarding which tracks for the maidens, would it be a good idea to try and use tracks where the draw doesn't play such a big part? Newmarket upto 2m? And there are a few tracks with a straight course upto 1m/1m1.

Im not saying have every maiden upto 2m at Newmarket, but we could have one days racing there? Overall just use tracks with shorter bends imo

Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:41 am
Group 1 winner

keithbeaky wrote:
Regarding which tracks for the maidens, would it be a good idea to try and use tracks where the draw doesn't play such a big part? Newmarket upto 2m? And there are a few tracks with a straight course upto 1m/1m1.

Im not saying have every maiden upto 2m at Newmarket, but we could have one days racing there? Overall just use tracks with shorter bends imo

Yes this will definitely be implemented

Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:48 am
Group 1 winner

Lovely.

Did I also see that you were going to do the schedule bit by bit? Meaning the trainers would be able to see it changing and therefore comment or provide further suggestions, Steve?

Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:14 pm
Group 1 winner

keithbeaky wrote:
Lovely.

Did I also see that you were going to do the schedule bit by bit? Meaning the trainers would be able to see it changing and therefore comment or provide further suggestions, Steve?

Yes, as soon as I get clearance from Rich for the four weeks of maidens it will be all systems go.

I think maidens are very important to get everyone on their correct rating from the start.

Once the schedule is finished, then trainers can make some suggestions for races left blank.

Last edited by East Pier Whitby on Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:30 pm
Group 1 winner

Ok good. We know the schedule is excellent and I think if anything it was the maidens where most trainers wanted some changes and also additional races. I dont think we need mid season maidens, surely everyone can run their horses in the first four weeks?

This should also lead to more realistic handicap marks, some of mine were so well in after their one run having been drawn wide.

I dont know much about the rest of the schedule except where it affected me. Selfish I know but Id like to see more listed/Group 3 races towards the end of the season. This would be for horses who have won handicaps and now are too high to get in them or have a chance of winning. But then the listed races you spoke about would probably solve this??? Maybe you could test this with the horses from this season?

Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:36 pm
Group 1 winner

keithbeaky wrote:
Ok good. We know the schedule is excellent and I think if anything it was the maidens where most trainers wanted some changes and also additional races. I dont think we need mid season maidens, surely everyone can run their horses in the first four weeks?

This should also lead to more realistic handicap marks, some of mine were so well in after their one run having been drawn wide.

I dont know much about the rest of the schedule except where it affected me. Selfish I know but Id like to see more listed/Group 3 races towards the end of the season. This would be for horses who have won handicaps and now are too high to get in them or have a chance of winning. But then the listed races you spoke about would probably solve this??? Maybe you could test this with the horses from this season?

There will be listed stakes/listed handicaps right through the season. I think this was one area where the first schedule fell short.

Maximum rating for these races will be 110. Listed handicaps will be 96-110.

Definitely no mid season maidens - first four weeks only subject to Rich agreement.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:04 pm
Group 1 winner

Its the only thing I noticed about the schedule, that once my horses hit 95-110 they couldn't win a race OR there were very few listed races.

Its great that you already want to improve it, hats off to ya.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:12 pm
Group 1 winner

keithbeaky wrote:
Its the only thing I noticed about the schedule, that once my horses hit 95-110 they couldn't win a race OR there were very few listed races.

Its great that you already want to improve it, hats off to ya.

I agree Keith, Steve improving this side of the schedule would be a big plus, i had a lot of horses around this bracket in there ratings and struggled to find races for them, no point in entering handicaps at top weight it was just to hard to win, the closing up of the handicap brackets will help with this thou, but more listed races and group 3`s would be good, its hard to fit it all in when theres limited races to be had each week , would not have a clue where to start glad Steve knows what hes doing.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:20 pm
Group 3 winner

Good to see you coming up with some more ideas for schedule Steve

I like the idea of closing up the handicaps brackets and more g3 and listed races
Must say tho I'm not sure on having more maidens tho if it's going to make the season longer
I feel 12 weeks was just about right this season

Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next