View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Attention Rich 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Attention Rich
Steve can l ask, l know it will be hard to do but can the times and quality have an effect on the hcap marks. if my horse wins a maiden in 57 secs all out should it have the same rating as a 55 sec on the bridle horse? . Same with hcaps my horse winning a 6 runner hcap gets same penalty as horse winning 30 runner??

Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:17 pm
Group 1 winner

David1uk wrote:
Good to see you coming up with some more ideas for schedule Steve

I like the idea of closing up the handicaps brackets and more g3 and listed races
Must say tho I'm not sure on having more maidens tho if it's going to make the season longer
I feel 12 weeks was just about right this season

The only other appraoch is to have players enter more than one runner per race and have divisions of maidens, effectively splitting races where there are too many races - happy to go along with what Rich wants, but maidens do need to be addressed.

I would like all horses to have a at least two maiden runs for handicapping purposes. Would be a bit frantic with just two weeks.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:36 pm
Group 1 winner

mwesty1 wrote:
Steve can l ask, l know it will be hard to do but can the times and quality have an effect on the hcap marks. if my horse wins a maiden in 57 secs all out should it have the same rating as a 55 sec on the bridle horse? . Same with hcaps my horse winning a 6 runner hcap gets same penalty as horse winning 30 runner??

Too much work involved with timings etc, but number of runners can be looked at certainly.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:38 pm
Group 1 winner

I sent this e-mail to Kenny/Rich at 2pm today.

Hi Kenny/Rich,

As per my proposals for maidens on the forums could you give your view/authorisation to have four weeks of maidens.

The reason behind this is so that horses can have at least two runs over the trips they want to compete in during the flat season for handicaps.

The boundaries as I see it are as follows:

Your horse must have two maiden runs at least and must follow one of the patterns below when entering maiden races.

5f + 6f
6f + 7f
7f + 8f
8f + 9f
9f + 10f

At least two from three of the following if your horse runs over the first and third option it can include the middle option in its parameters. If the distances are closer together i.e. 1&2 or 2&3 these are the distances your horse will be limited to in handicaps.

10f + 11f + 12f
11f + 12f + 13f
12f + 13f + 14f
13f + 14f + 15f
14f + 15f + 16f
15f + 16f + 17f
16f + 17f + 18f
17f + 18f + 19f
18f + 19f + 20f

If your horse only runs in one maiden it will only be allowed to compete at that same distance in handicaps, if you want to increase the distance range it must run in a listed or group race first.

Steve

I will let you know what the outcome is.

or if Rich/Kenny want to reply on here that is fine also.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:46 pm
Group 1 winner

That sounds good and fair to me. Can we have a filly/mare maiden at every distance please? Well I suppose if that is supported by the other trainers?

Also off topic of the schedule do you want a hand with a FAQ/guide for new/struggling trainers, Steve? Im still a rookie but learnt a hell of a lot this season.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:37 pm
Group 1 winner

keithbeaky wrote:
That sounds good and fair to me. Can we have a filly/mare maiden at every distance please? Well I suppose if that is supported by the other trainers?

Also off topic of the schedule do you want a hand with a FAQ/guide for new/struggling trainers, Steve? Im still a rookie but learnt a hell of a lot this season.

If it's okay can I pass that on to you.

Will have a look at fillies/mare maidens but can't do much at moment till Rich/Kenny reply.

Thanks

Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:04 pm
Group 1 winner

Yeah I can certainly write a guide for new trainers from what I've learnt and then maybe you could polish it up a bit?!

Subjecs to cover:
Breeding
Trialing with the Race Builder
Getting together a balanced stable for the schedule
Placing horses in the correct races/distances
Dont aim too high too soon

And some links to posts on breeding, exporting horses and trialing

I'll let you get on mate. If you need any help let me know, as Im done everyday by 4pm.

Last edited by keithbeaky on Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:10 pm
Group 1 winner

keithbeaky wrote:
Yeah I can certainly write a guide for new trainers from what I've learnt and then maybe you could polish it up a bit?!

Subjecs to cover:
Breeding
Trialing with the Race Builder
Getting together a balanced stable for the schedule
Placing horses in the correct races/distances
Dont aim too high too soon

I'll let you get on mate. If you need any help let me know, as Im done everyday by 4pm.

Sounds good thanks

Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:18 pm
Group 1 winner

all sounds great look 4ward to preview on trialing breeding exporting etc

Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:41 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Kenny is in agreement with maiden changes and boundaries.

Just need Rich to okay now and I could have schedule done by middle of next week.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:47 pm
Group 1 winner

East Pier Whitby wrote:

Just need Rich to okay now and I could have schedule done by middle of next week.

4 Weeks of maidens then Steve? Gives a little more time for others to join as well.

Only adds two weeks to the schedule which i think is about the most a season should run 14 weeks no more, 12 this season was good but if it gives better chances of horses ratings being a lot more realistic when it comes to the start of the handicaps/listed/group races then thats ideal!

Would they be run over straight courses as discussed where possible as well then...Newmarket?

How many max runs do you think a horse should go up to then for a season? Im pretty much in favour of as many as you like but only if trainers place horses in races which suit the horses ratings. No 86 rated horses in group races for example even if it means that the field is 13 rather then 16 max.

Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:45 pm
Group 1 winner

hackett wrote:
East Pier Whitby wrote:

4 Weeks of maidens then Steve? Gives a little more time for others to join as well.

Only adds two weeks to the schedule which i think is about the most a season should run 14 weeks no more, 12 this season was good but if it gives better chances of horses ratings being a lot more realistic when it comes to the start of the handicaps/listed/group races then thats ideal!

Would they be run over straight courses as discussed where possible as well then...Newmarket?

How many max runs do you think a horse should go up to then for a season? Im pretty much in favour of as many as you like but only if trainers place horses in races which suit the horses ratings. No 86 rated horses in group races for example even if it means that the field is 13 rather then 16 max.

Still waiting on Rich agreement to four weeks of maidens.

Will be run on more suitable courses.

Group entry might be something to look at, see what Rich thinks.

My own take would be a max field size of 12. But horse rated 111+ should be guaranteed a run regardless of field size.

Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:21 pm
Group 1 winner

The idea behind 4 weeks of maidens is good but I think people might get swiftly bored with such a slow start to the season. I think we can keep two weeks of maidens but just run 2 extra weeks of races. That way we can make the entries run twice, otherwise we could be stuck with people forgetting to nominate etc.

Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:48 pm
Group 1 winner

So what you are saying is split the existing maidens into divisions?
All horses would still need to run twice?
Might prove difficult for trainer to place horses.
Are trainers allowed two entries in one races, if not I think there could be trouble with placements as last season.

......or are you saying have 48 races in week 1 and 48 in week 2 as well?

Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:05 pm
Group 1 winner

I was potentially thinking 2 weeks races, but duplicated so the same field races again at the same distance at a different course (minus the winner). Then the rating is decided on the two results...to iron out any mishaps in running etc.

Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next