View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 NH Schedule 
Group 3 winner

Post NH Schedule
What are everyone thoughts on the schedule

Do you think it worked well? Do you have any ideas to improve the schedule

I was thinking I would like to add more 0-120 hcp races and also add some made up graded races for stayers because top rated horse don't have much chance in the hcps and 90% of stayers races are hcps at min

Problem is will need more races each week think 30 races a week could do it but it's going make even more work for Kenny :o also adding these races will make fields even shorter

Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:34 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: NH Schedule
I thought the schedule was perfect. Roll on next season!

Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:44 pm
Group 1 winner

Overall, I thought the schedule worked well but the one thing that stood out for me as needing to be looked at was the imbalance between 2m2f - 2m3f chases and hurdles. 5 races for chasers and 17 races for hurdlers.

Chases
2m2f
1 x Maiden
2m3f
2 x H'caps
2 x Grade 2

Hurdles
2m2f
2 x Maidens
2 x Graded (grades 1 & 3)
5 x H'caps (including graded h'caps)
2m3f
1 x Maiden
3 x Listed
1 x Grade 2
3 x H'caps (including graded h'cap)

Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:42 pm
Group 3 winner

Yes I agree with that kevcon can add more if we can get 30 races each week

Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:50 pm
Group 1 winner

I dont think there was enough novice chase's over 3miles plus and most handicaps where 0-140 any chance of getting a few 70-110 or 70-100 further into the season in both hurdles and chases. :|

Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:22 am
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

The Hurricane Run series will be scrapped until he returns for SO5. It's pointless having it if he's not involved.

That will fill up quiet a few races to be tweaked.

NH is not like the flat simpleminds, horses on the flat start off on 75, NH start off on 100. I think the 0-140 Hcp work fine. Will try and add some more 3m+ stayers races into the schedule.

If Dave is on MSN later we can have a look at tweaking the NH schedule.

I agree though in having more Graded Stayers races. In the first 2 weeks of maidens some horses went upto 130+ and that is crazy, they have no chance what so ever of winning a race.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:29 pm
Group 3 winner

thought you was retiring lol :D
glad your not m8

Hemz wrote:
The Hurricane Run series will be scrapped until he returns for SO5. It's pointless having it if he's not involved.

NH is not like the flat simpleminds, horses on the flat start off on 75, NH start off on 100. I think the 0-140 Hcp work fine. Will try and add some more 3m+ stayers races into the schedule.

I agree though in having more Graded Stayers races. In the first 2 weeks of maidens some horses went upto 130+ and that is crazy, they have no chance what so ever of winning a race.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:03 pm
Group 1 winner

deltanion wrote:
thought you was retiring lol :D
glad your not m8

Hemz wrote:

If we get one more season of SO4 il be in. Got some nice types i wanna see in the league. Maybe not a Maeglin Ancalime or Jack Mor, but they look decent. My stayers are better what i have now. Not be going for the title just certain races i'd like to try and win. Also got a few nice 2m4/3m Chasers, am excited about :)

Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:24 pm
Handicapper

I would like to see a few races for horses bred in NH games but I doubt it could be implemented.

It is a lot easier to get horses for the NH league from Flat games so I think it would be a good idea to have some races or a series for horses bred in NH games.

Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:25 pm
Group 1 winner

David1uk wrote:
What are everyone thoughts on the schedule

Do you think it worked well? Do you have any ideas to improve the schedule

I was thinking I would like to add more 0-120 hcp races and also add some made up graded races for stayers because top rated horse don't have much chance in the hcps and 90% of stayers races are hcps at min

Problem is will need more races each week think 30 races a week could do it but it's going make even more work for Kenny :o also adding these races will make fields even shorter

What about 28 Hooley? That will mean an extra 3 per week, if Rich is ok with that. Maybe 30 for the Festivals.

When you get a minute il be on MSN for a chat and see what we can do to make it better.

Does any other NH trainers have any ideas on races. Would like to add 1 race at each Festival in Paul honour along with the MM races.

Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:12 pm
Group 1 winner

I'll have a look through the NH schedule today and see if I have any ideas. As we said I think at least one race a week in Paul's name and also one a day at Cheltenham and the other festivals.

Im happy to help run the races during the season if that helps us get more races each week.

Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:48 pm
Group 1 winner

keithbeaky wrote:
I'll have a look through the NH schedule today and see if I have any ideas. As we said I think at least one race a week in Paul's name and also one a day at Cheltenham and the other festivals.

Im happy to help run the races during the season if that helps us get more races each week.

If we got 28 races each week and 30 for the 3 festivals. The schedule would be awesome, the balance of races would great.

I would speak with Rich mate, not sure if Kenny is returning to do the races this season. He did mention about having a few horses for this season.

Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:28 pm
Group 3 winner

I have made some changes to maidens in w1 and w2 so please check your entries

Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]