View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 UK Races Week 12 
Group 1 winner

Post UK Races Week 12
http://www.sopl.info/files/tom/season12 ... ukra12.zip

And that's a wrap!

Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:24 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: UK Races Week 12
well done everyone had couple places hope to get a top 30 finish

Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:05 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Great season - enjoyed being indirectly part of the league races.

Special mention to my nephew Ricky Goulding (aged 16) who won 11 league races with ten different horses from a stable of just seventeen - all handicappers..... and a 10% strike rate to boot.

Just shows your horses don't need to be brilliant, it really is all about placement.

Cultural Deference finally came good and got the breaks in week 12!

Best horse Book Of Fiction failed to win, but word on the street her son 'Book Of Democracy' will put the record straight next season.

..chip off the old block :lol:

Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:22 pm
Group 1 winner

East Pier Whitby wrote:
Great season - enjoyed being indirectly part of the league races.

Special mention to my nephew Ricky Goulding (aged 16) who won 11 league races with ten different horses from a stable of just seventeen - all handicappers..... and a 10% strike rate to boot.

Just shows your horses don't need to be brilliant, it really is all about placement.

Cultural Deference finally came good and got the breaks in week 12!

Best horse Book Of Fiction failed to win, but word on the street her son 'Book Of Democracy' will put the record straight next season.

..chip off the old block :lol:

very impressive well done to your nephew

Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:04 pm
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

Well done all winners and placers :D

And well done Ricky Goulding :)

Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:11 pm
Group 1 winner

Well done Ricky! Great 1st season that.

Well done in Week 12 to all the winners and placers.
Thanks to all who made week 12 possible and the whole season as well, top job lads!
Congrats to Scatters on his Week 12 performance... Outstanding!!

Week 12 Run Down...
R5. Senteya... Hcp... 5/17
R11. Clairvoyance... Hcp... 8/10
R14. Coast Guard... Hcp... 5/7
R15. Memorabelia... Grp 1... 14/14
R16. Triumphant... Grp 2... 8/11
R17. Equinox... Grp 1... 4/16
R19. Spinal Tap... Grp 1... 3/10
R20. Double Click... Grp 1... 3/11
R21. Point Blank... Grp 1... 2/13 Left it to last race to finally show something. Quick Flick :evil:
R23. London Eye... Hcp... 7/15
R25. Mind Boggling... Hcp... 2/14
R26. Rough Justice... Hcp... 2/14
R28. Legion Of Merit... Grp 1... 7/13 Awful Draw
R29. Atonement... Grp 1... 13/16 Awful Draw
R30. Sassy N Slick... Grp 1... 6/13
R31. Zafora... Grp 1... 6/13
R32. Shake N Shazoom... Grp 1... 7/14
R33. Disbelief... Grp 1... 8/14

A great final week with so many going close, would have been nice to finish with a winner on the final week but still very happy with the stables performances this season. Week 12 proved to be a difference of tracks with Meydan results being great and Santa Anita results being a struggle.

Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:09 pm
Group 1 winner

The season is finally over and I just want to thank Rich, Kenny and Steve for all their efforts. There is a lot of time put into this and it’s much appreciated. There are others behind the scenes too such as Jamie and Colm who I'm sure helped from time to time. Thanks lads. I know I've missed some so my apologies.

Well the highlight of the season for me was Jeune winning the G1 Dubai Sheema Classic at Meydan over 2400m in week 12. After winning the first 2 races of the season her form was indifferent from then on until winning the race she was set for in week 12. Jeune is the best I have ever bread as she now holds track records at Royal Ascot clocking 2.32.12s and Meydan 2.31.32s. She won a total of 8 G1’s, 2 G2’s and a Listed race from 21 starts. In my opinion truly a star of the track over 2400m and in fact a legend in my mind. Her record is 21 starts for 13-5-2 unplaced only once coming 4th this season in the G1 Coronation Cup at her dreaded track of Epsom. So if there was a hall of fame surely she would make it!

For me the Ascot festival is the most honoured but the Meydan carnival is not too far away.

Very good to see a lot of new trainers in the winners circle and well done to Ricky!!

As far as horse of the year I won't comment too much but for 2yo horse of the year I really think that Markeb deserves a high honours.

Cheers to all.

Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:25 pm
Group 1 winner

Again another season finishes, thank you all for your hard work into making this game and this season a thoroughly pleasurable experience for all involved and it is good to see the league becoming a well organised and enjoyable to be a part of for all involve, the increase of handicaps personally has done wonders and has been so well planned and will be even better next year with the plans laid out by steve and co, a lot of trainers are not getting put off by not winning races as they know they have chances to genuinely win races throughout the season.

For me it was a bit up and down, it shows how much the NH season has come on in terms of quality last year alone in the NHC I had 80 top 5 placings and this year with what I thought was a better string I could barely muster 30 top 5 finishes from the same amount of runners, there has been massive improvement here and I had a shocker but to win 2 graded races on the last day pleased me. On the other side, my UKRA string has defo improved markedly, gone for a plotted up approach rather then chuck as much at a wall at possible and hope it sticks! 2 Grade ones to go with my Ascot Gold Cup, unbelievably happy at both as they were the targets before hand, Aneedaeveningoff was actually my best 12f horse in trials but went to 14 because there was nothing else and really turned the books over at Doncaster. Apple A Day's win in the Criterium was the one for me though, I've had some good 2yo's in the past but this was special, was very lucky that on the day she got the firm ground, the perfect distance, a quick pace and an uninterrupted run through the field as she has been beaten a few times by the interference and being a closer has struggled in this league but proved today if you have the quality and get the gaps then they will win. She also placed 3 times in group company and won a maiden well which made her the stable star!!

Others that deserve a mention are Chiffre Le Destruval who looked mightly promising after his maiden, lost the plot then came back to nab a 3rd in the UAE Derby!?!?! Very pleasing end to a dissapointing season. Despicable Me won the Old Borough Cup quite well which shocked me and pleased just to win a race with this one. Duel Of The Fates got 2 wins albeit in small handicapping company, Eternal Cup also grinded out 2 wins at handicap level and beat my expectations. Fire Power looked like a machine at home but dissapointed here, the rest all battled well but only vitriol could get a win at the end, but a great performance from all of them will keep me coming back, well done to everyone Rich and the gang for making this possible and all the schedule makers, handicappers, runners of races, bookies and anyone else who I have missed out. Well done to Thunderspark and Scatters for tearing us apart again!! Some fantastic horses and Hemz dominance of the NHC seems to only grow greater and I'd be watching out as he wants that Gold Cup big time! The chasing pack are getting closer and it's time the English regained the title eh! I also love to see that it is well and truely an international affair with Australia, Canada, England, Ireland, Scotland, USA, South Africa, Spain and Wales all being represented, maybe we could rustle something up inbetween leagues, a possible Ryder Cup of Racing! England v The World! Well done all.

Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:19 pm
Group 1 winner

Well as my first season that was GREAT! I really enjoyed being part of the league and it probably helped that I had some winners!

In week 12 I managed a 2nd in a G1, with a horse beaten in handicaps :shock:

Previous to that Catch Up won a G2, and I had a second in a G2 along with two thirds in G3's. Of the handicap wins I won the Royal Hunt Cup at Royal Ascot, the Stewards Cup at Goodwood, Portland at Donny and also finished second in the Wokingham, Ayr Gold Cup, Ces and Duke Of Edinburgh. At the start of the season Id have taken a place in a Group race and one Royal Ascot winner so with what I've won im over the moon. Half my runners finished in the top 5 :D

Only uploaded 18 horses and had too many at certain distances and also ran them in the wrong races. But learnt a lot and roll on next season. The yard has spent a lot of money and time breeding some new horses, but the progress has been slow overall. The stayers are much better but the rest have only improved a few lengths.

Once again thanks to all who make the league possible and well done to all winners, especially all the first season trainers.

Word on the street is you may have a smaller string next season, John Scatters?

PS When do we get paid out prizemoney?

Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:59 pm
Group 1 winner

keithbeaky wrote:
Word on the street is you may have a smaller string next season, John Scatters?

The rumour is true :D

Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:51 pm
Group 1 winner

Well you've had a good run, best to quit whilst you're still ahead.

Is it likely to be a more select string? Maybe target some races you haven't won yet?

Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:54 pm
Group 1 winner

keithbeaky wrote:

Is it likely to be a more select string? Maybe target some races you haven't won yet?

More of a select string I guess.

Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:23 pm
Handicapper

Scatters wrote:
keithbeaky wrote:

More of a select string I guess.

Im sure Scatters can recycle 30 unused horses from a saved game from last year and still dominate the G1's next season of SO4. I heard you had computer problems John, did you lose old horse files?? Congrats on a dominant week/season! And thanks to all for all of the hard work to make this league function!!

Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:37 am
Group 1 winner

I did lose some horse files and saved games and while I have a few hundred horses most of them are mediocre :(

Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:35 am
Group 1 winner

Scatters wrote:
I did lose some horse files and saved games and while I have a few hundred horses most of them are mediocre :(

Sorry to hear that John. Have you still got the older files for your 3 year olds this season? If not thats a shame.

Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next