View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Small Breeding tip for new trainers 
Group 1 winner

Post Small Breeding tip for new trainers
ok i no its late to be putting this up and i am in no way a league expert but i have a tip for new trainers

1) when you get to start of new season and you want to start breeding minmise your game or hit windows button

2) open so4 again so you have 2 copies of the game loaded

3) goto the diary and scroll down to june (royal ascot)

4) go back to 1st opened game goto breeding barn and look at non owned horses in barn

5) look through each horses feature race wins (some horses you can click on the feature race and see winning time but most you cant)
(what you want is horses that has won at ascot and you want to check is the winning time if you click on the feature race and it wont
open this is why we have game 2 open look for the feature race in diary and see winning time (this saves loads of time clciking in and out of diary & breeding barn

6) what you are looking for is a horse that runs close to a course record or a fair bit beter than standard depends on ground
what i aim for is a horse that has ran a time as near or even better then my best in CK

i now only breed with decent royal ascot winner and results in ck
have been getting better and better.

its really a breeding tip and a time saving tip hope it helps

Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:09 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Post Re: Small Breeding tip for new trainers
I hope it's enough when I have played 30 seasons too!?

Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:14 pm
Group 1 winner

Moliets_Surfer wrote:

These tips are for players who are really looking to win the top races in the league, if you have 30 seasons then you will still be competitive in the handicaps / listed races , which are just as enjoyable to win a race in, believe me. best of luck. place your horses accordingly with there handicap rating if you got a horse rated 79 after its maiden racesDO NOT then go into a group 2/3 race all you will do is get hammered in the ratings for probably finishing close to the back look for correct handicap and then step horse up again if it performs well.

Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:55 pm
Group 1 winner

hackett wrote:
Moliets_Surfer wrote:

These tips are for players who are really looking to win the top races in the league, if you have 30 seasons then you will still be competitive in the handicaps / listed races , which are just as enjoyable to win a race in, believe me. best of luck. place your horses accordingly with there handicap rating if you got a horse rated 79 after its maiden racesDO NOT then go into a group 2/3 race all you will do is get hammered in the ratings for probably finishing close to the back look for correct handicap and then step horse up again if it performs well.

hackett is spot on i did that last year put a horse way up in class early and got hammered and rating was still over 100
no chance of winning a handicap with that mark considering my horss were poor anyway so i ruined about 8 horses careers in the lge
its a learning process

so some really good sound advice there start low and build up slowly

winning any race in the lge is a fantastic feeling

Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:11 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]