View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 3:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Breeding Ideas/Standard Times Help 
Handicapper

Post Breeding Ideas/Standard Times Help
Hey Guys,

I had a few questions about ingame breeding for the league.

Are people playing 1 game and breeding throughout this 1 game or are people playing multiple games and bringing good horses from one game to another for breeding purposes?

Do people like to cross breed and have the same horse appear multiple times in the same horses pedigree? Does this have any adverse affects on the horse?

Do people like to breed with game horses or would you ultimately like to breed just through your own stable?

These lead me on to standard times. I will be participating in the League for the first time this year and I know I will enjoy myself but also am aware that I will not not win many if any races. My current times are at best around 2 seconds slower than the standard times. Can I ask how long it took people to get near these standard times?

Cheers Tyson

Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:46 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Breeding Ideas/Standard Times Help
Just quickly can I point you towards this for breeding

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5713

And also this if you are interested

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5722

Some of your questions in breeding will be answered there and the trials will let you see where your horses are. Mine were will behind last season but I still won about 15 races. The schedule is built for all players and you WILL win races.

Will give you some better answers later when I have more time

Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:52 pm
Handicapper

Mate, we're all using the game as best we can to create as good a stable as possible for the league. I got 5 games going, spreading horses between the lot. PJR has hundreds on the go. Breed best with best, quickest with quickest!

Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:14 pm
Group 1 winner

took me 10 weeks mate to hit 1 of the standard times but don’t be put off by that I had horses 3 or 4 secs off standard had a very weak team last
year but still won 4 races.

yes if you want to contest the g1s you will need to put a lot of work & time in.

but in my opinion any win in the lge is great I enjoyed my handicap wins as much as winning a group one
& when you get to watch you horse cross the winning line its great

my self personally I had several games opened and each game I concentrated on a certain distance
then when I had 4 or 5 distances done bred for e.g. my best 6f with my best 1m2f horse to try and bred a great 1m horse did this by transfering in and out horses &exporting

I found it far easier to concentrate on 1 distance at a time it really paid off with my sprinters. but managed to cut my best times at all distances doing this even though at say 60% of the distances have not managed to hit standard time but will aim at handicaps.

i made lots of mistakes last year aiming way too high had not played the lge b4 and just thought my horses in the game were superstars
so had to be good in lge but that is not the case.

this time have followed people like scatters and thunder's advice to the tee and put alot of spare hours in to builing a team
those times are so so tough to reach i mean mega tough i nearly gave up trying to reach them but stuck to it
i dont think my 1m2f horses will ever reach the standard time. but been lucky at other distances and yet that still might not be good enough
but will enjoy trying i have not set my targets too high.

Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:30 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

OnTheNose wrote:
Mate, we're all using the game as best we can to create as good a stable as possible for the league. I got 5 games going, spreading horses between the lot. PJR has hundreds on the go. Breed best with best, quickest with quickest!

You entering the trials mate? Im runnning them this weekend

Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:29 pm
Handicapper

Appreciate all the posts and the help, thanks a lot everyone.

Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:03 pm
Handicapper

keithbeaky wrote:
OnTheNose wrote:

You entering the trials mate? Im runnning them this weekend

If I can get some horses sorted over tomorrow and Wednesday then I will. Probably no sprinters though.

Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:09 pm
Handicapper

I've also got a couple of quick queries for the more experienced league breeders.

Do you simply breed purely from trial times or will you use in game times as well. For example, if you have a horse that consistently gets to 1 second off the track record in game but is .5 seconds off of your fastest horse in the trials, would you still breed with him/her. More so in regards to a filly as I would always go for the fastest stallion.

Also has anyone noticed when their horses are at their peak, especially with 8-12f horses? So far I have found them to be best right at the start of their 3yo career but I havent done too much trialing mid-season. I imagine the longer distance horses take a little longer to come to hand, and I have waited til the 4yo season to decide whether to cull my 12f+ horses but with such little time to go til the start of the league, I dont want to be culling any gems! :?

Lastly, I know you should only export horses when the green bar is right at the top but does anyone pay attention to the head lad comments about 'raring to go' and 'fit and ready to race'. I presume there is a difference in the programming for these comments to appear, but I dont know if it actually makes any difference to the performance of the horse?

Any help would be much appreciated, and generally I would like to thank all the contributors to these boards as there is a massive amount of information on here that has been a great help in trying to ready my horses for the league!

Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:17 pm
Handicapper

I breed with multiple G1 winners and the ones who produce horses which do well in the trials will used more for breeding. But still use other game champs, maybe they only didn't produce a nice horse right now. Naturally looking at the race times too, in most cases the multiple G1 winners have nice times too.
Right now my best trial horses came from horses which were also nice trial horses.

Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:49 pm
Handicapper

Moliets_Surfer wrote:
I breed with multiple G1 winners and the ones who produce horses which do well in the trials will used more for breeding. But still use other game champs, maybe they only didn't produce a nice horse right now. Naturally looking at the race times too, in most cases the multiple G1 winners have nice times too.
Right now my best trial horses came from horses which were also nice trial horses.

Cheers, I am begining to think the latter sentence will produce the best horses all round and would explain why some of my stars have failed to reproduce something akin to their own ability in game.

Also w/regard to my post on when to export I have just found a previous thread, so thanks to PJR who started that before the last league started! :D

Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:58 pm
Group 1 winner

blazingbailey wrote:
I've also got a couple of quick queries for the more experienced league breeders.

Do you simply breed purely from trial times or will you use in game times as well. For example, if you have a horse that consistently gets to 1 second off the track record in game but is .5 seconds off of your fastest horse in the trials, would you still breed with him/her. More so in regards to a filly as I would always go for the fastest stallion.
I only ever breed with the fastest ck times, never the in game times because the ck is the only true representation of how your horse will go in the league.

blazingbailey wrote:
Also has anyone noticed when their horses are at their peak, especially with 8-12f horses? So far I have found them to be best right at the start of their 3yo career but I havent done too much trialing mid-season. I imagine the longer distance horses take a little longer to come to hand, and I have waited til the 4yo season to decide whether to cull my 12f+ horses but with such little time to go til the start of the league, I dont want to be culling any gems! :?
I always export near the start of their 3yo season and again near the 4yo season.

blazingbailey wrote:
Lastly, I know you should only export horses when the green bar is right at the top but does anyone pay attention to the head lad comments about 'raring to go' and 'fit and ready to race'. I presume there is a difference in the programming for these comments to appear, but I dont know if it actually makes any difference to the performance of the horse?

Only ever look at the green bar and the far left red bar.
Hope this helps. :)

Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:05 am
Handicapper

Cheers Scatters, much appreciated!

Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]