View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 FLAT trial entries 
Group 2 winner

Post Re: FLAT trial entries
keithbeaky wrote:
Sorry mate, no idea how I missed your email. I'll put them up now

Cheers mate :D

Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:18 pm
Group 1 winner

What's this??

http://www.mediafire.com/?l54vv0a5a8sn778

I would like to complain now about Doza and Thunder, for their sheer greed!!! Congrats lads

Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:51 pm
Handicapper

I can't open the file :-(

Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:07 pm
Group 1 winner

Download and then open? Do you have winzip?

Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:23 pm
Handicapper

Oh sorry I'm on iPhone, I'll try on pc in a mo.

Thanks for running this and my offer is still there for help at any time.

Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:27 pm
Handicapper

After viewing a few races and doing some comparisons I may have a pretty good 2yo 5f horse, other than that it looks like the minor handicaps for me.

Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:45 pm
Handicapper

That was pretty interesting to see, considering I know where my horses are now compared to when I sent them. Hopefully I will be able to pick up a couple of the lesser races, although next time the league starts can we not have it the week after Valentines... I will be losing two days of valuable breeding time to keep the other half sweet! :lol:

Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:07 pm
Group 1 winner

If nothing else, that has confirmed what I thought about my current crop of flat horses. The worst bunch I've ever had for any league season to date.

It's going to be a long hard season trying to find a winner or 2 in the low grade handicaps.

Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:17 pm
Handicapper

Hey I was fighting out of last spot in most races :-)

Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:35 pm
Handicapper

Work to be done but interesting to watch. Nice work Matt :)

Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:39 pm
Handicapper

Although I knew I would end in the rear places it was so exciting!! Proud of my 6th place in the 6.5F 3yo+ race. Funny thing this is a mare from the really beginning of my breeding, maybe 25% of my horses have blood in of her and she is still one of the fastest. Congrats to he winners!

Great job Matt!

Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:45 pm
Group 1 winner

One of the reasons I chose Brighton is because it has a draw bias and in every race a few horses will be short of room/find trouble in running as well. This will happen in the League, especially on tracks with bends, as will trouble in running. So in some of the trials I thought there were a few unlucky horses and also horses which have run very well due to their wide draw. Be prepared for this in the league!!!

My horses ran pretty well overall. Doza won all the 2yo races and one 3yo+ race, Thunder won 6/8 3yo+ flat races(i think) and another top trainer P Hogan won the other race. I had several places and seconds but I also would think that other trainers have better horses to run in the league. Last season I was brought down to earth and although I've not played enough since last season, my horses are better. Remember that the top trainers have played several seasons and bred 1000's of horses. So I'll be somewhere in the middle, which i fine, and by choosing a balanced stable+placing my horses well I think I can finish in the top 10 for winners, probably not prize money.

So all the new trainers. Think what it would be like starting training in real life. Bar having some Sheikh or billionaire owner you are going to struggle. But if you place your horses well you would win races and SO4 is the same. East Pier Whitby has designed a great schedule, which has been tweaked further since last season, and it is geared towards trainers of all levels. I'll update the new players help guide in the week to discuss choosing your stable, although PJR and others have already done a great job, and any questions you have fire away.

Well done to all and look forward to the league. EVERYONE will win races with patience and a good strategy. Though we dont allow any Barney Curley types! No running your sprinter over 1m2 or your stayer over 1m!

Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:00 pm
Group 1 winner

Well done Matt for doing those.

Not surprised at mine, as trialling had been pretty hit and miss....I liked my 4yo Sprinter "Tar Mangled Banner" and fancy it might nick a win in the league. As for the rest your more than likely to seem them in NHC :wink:

Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:48 pm
Group 1 winner

Thanks for running these.

Things are looking good. All were running over distances too short but did ok. All my horses were from many seasons ago and they ran ok in most cases. Surprised at how well my juveniles did.

Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:25 am
Group 3 winner

I was happy enough with mine, some ran quite well from bad draws and on ground that wasnt ideal. Few lengths of the best but hopefully pick up a race somewhere.

good work keith

Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next