View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 FLAT trial entries 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: FLAT trial entries
i suspected that these trials would be very high quality
i will be suprised if the trial winners were not g1 quality in the lge

well done to the winners and placers

Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:03 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

PJ you can probably put a line through Avortorr's run. She ran 6 wide the whole way and didn't quite stay the extra 1/2 furlong. If that was the league she would be really well handicapped.

Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:26 am
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:

Id be prepared for BOTH Doza and Thunder to have better horses in the league. Not sure what state Scatters' yard is in? Add to that Jamie Taylor and the rest of us will struggle to win a G1, though S Fisher's horses ran well. I pretty much ran my best horses, though they will improve for the proper distances of 1m2, 1m4 etc

Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:30 am
Group 1 winner

I have way better and considering that all of mine were running over trips too short and a lot on unsuitable ground I may sneak a place in group company.

Though I agree with you Matt. If the past is anything to go on the winners of these races will be some way off the top stables best horses.

By the way your NH horses ran really well. You have more chance of group success in NH as the best horses can always fall :D

Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:35 am
Handicapper

keithbeaky wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:

Id be prepared for BOTH Doza and Thunder to have better horses in the league. Not sure what state Scatters' yard is in? Add to that Jamie Taylor and the rest of us will struggle to win a G1, though S Fisher's horses ran well. I pretty much ran my best horses, though they will improve for the proper distances of 1m2, 1m4 etc

Thanks for hosting the races mate! I was really surprised at how well my 2yos did. I didn't expect much out of them. Some of my older horses were disappointing. It seems that most of my horses lack early speed and they will get in trouble in the league races. I pretty much had my best runners going in these trials also.

Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:44 am
Group 1 winner

ya avatorr had a nightmare run new early on she was done
i have kept most my lge team back and as stated b4 most mine will contest the handicaps that would be there level

might sneak a group win with sprinters but aiming low to start with

was pleased with my horse in 1m7 race ran well considering i thought my stayers were not that great didnt spend along time on them
so was a decent run
again its about good managment and good placement in lge.

Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:06 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

leonvr wrote:
I have way better and considering that all of mine were running over trips too short and a lot on unsuitable ground I may sneak a place in group company.

Though I agree with you Matt. If the past is anything to go on the winners of these races will be some way off the top stables best horses.

By the way your NH horses ran really well. You have more chance of group success in NH as the best horses can always fall :D

I trialed ALL my flat horses, 5f-2m4, horses over all distances and then took the best out of each group and trialed again. I dont think any of them had jumped a hurdle or fence in a game. A couple won my trials by 10 lengths in some but then were tailed off in others :shock: . I've just started a combined game to breed my best NH horses together and see where I end up. Its difficult though as I've just started getting new blood into my flat game and producing much better horses there too!! Need more time!

Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:21 pm
Group 1 winner

Doza wrote:
keithbeaky wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:

Thanks for hosting the races mate! I was really surprised at how well my 2yos did. I didn't expect much out of them. Some of my older horses were disappointing. It seems that most of my horses lack early speed and they will get in trouble in the league races. I pretty much had my best runners going in these trials also.

I liked the way your older lot ran, held up, but sadly as we know it is unsuited to SO4. How did your NH trialing go as Id be surprised if some of your flat horses weren't better than mine in that sphere??

Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:23 pm
Group 1 winner

keithbeaky wrote:
leonvr wrote:I have way better and considering that all of mine were running over trips too short and a lot on unsuitable ground I may sneak a place in group company.Though I agree with you Matt. If the past is anything to go on the winners of these races will be some way off the top stables best horses.By the way your NH horses ran really well. You have more chance of group success in NH as the best horses can always fall I trialed ALL my flat horses, 5f-2m4, horses over all distances and then took the best out of each group and trialed again. I dont think any of them had jumped a hurdle or fence in a game. A couple won my trials by 10 lengths in some but then were tailed off in others . I've just started a combined game to breed my best NH horses together and see where I end up. Its difficult though as I've just started getting new blood into my flat game and producing much better horses there too!! Need more time!

I transfer new horses into my jumps game from my flat game each season. I just look for horses whose jumping ability is either average or good and ground preference is soft. Can get through a jumps season in an hour. They quick. Only watch Cheltenham. The combined season takes too long.

As Hemz says breeding is hard. Best is to look for sires whose offspring perform well in the CK and ditch the rest.

Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:40 pm
Handicapper

Real Happy with my Horses, load of seconds, but making good progress

Saying that some of them horses mighten make my league team, few decisions to make

Great Races cheers for running them

Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:32 pm
Handicapper

keithbeaky wrote:
Doza wrote:

I liked the way your older lot ran, held up, but sadly as we know it is unsuited to SO4. How did your NH trialing go as Id be surprised if some of your flat horses weren't better than mine in that sphere??

My NH horses didn't do too good in the trials. I think I got a couple of 5th place finishes. I'll probably throw together a handful of runners for the league just to get a taste.

Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:41 pm
Group 1 winner

I did ok in the NH trials and your flat horses are better than mine. Id be surprised if you didn't have one or two who could make a decent impact in the NH league. Trialing is harder than the flat but I got there in the end.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3