View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 4:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 NH Trial Entries 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: NH Trial Entries
I know what its like. Had no time to play SO4 till recently hence why I missed a few seasons. You really need to put time in to be competitive ( well I do anyway )

You will be missed.
Hopefully I will give you more of a challenge this season. My stayers are looking good. The stuff I sent to trials were all from about 30 seasons ago and I should get a lot of seasons in this week. Have some time. Has taken a while to find a staying sire whose offspring perform consistently well in the CK but have found two so things will get even better. Thought I had a monster in Paris as I haven't been able to beat her in trials. She often wins by 4 lengths or more. Just may mean that my 2 milers haven't improved although Paris is way way better than mine from last season and they were often thereabouts in group races.

Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:42 am
Group 1 winner

That's right mate, you really do have to put in the time to be competitive. I'd hate to imagine how many hours ive put into my NH team. If you have the time you will be rewarded that's for sure.

Cheers mate I will miss the racing and you guys and also the banter, which was much better than previous seasons.

Am sure many of the NH guys will have improved a lot for this season. I've hardly played at all abou 90% of them in the trails wore horses than didn't make the cut last season.

My only real improvement from playing the odd season is my stayers and one or two 3mC.

I look forward to seeing your horses in action mate, gonna be interesting if you have some good stayers to come in :) ive a feeling Padraig will have some nice types again this season.

NH breeding for me is the hardest to do, was speaking with the duke the other day and I agree with what he said. It can take you 20+ seasons to improve on one distance, some times longer. It's the excitement when you do find that one :)

Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:02 am
Group 1 winner

I agree it takes many seasons to improve a distance. And the breeding is much harder. I think its got something to do with the distances and breeding a star chasing sire with another star chasing sire normally produces a dud in the CK. Also trying to keep getting soft ground horses as offspring can hamper breeding selection
Frustrating.

Have got two sires whose offspring keep improving my horses in the CK. Sadly I will need to let the one die soon. Have kept him alive twice already as the offspring have been so good. He even managed to produce my best sprinter on the flat over 5 and 6 furlongs. How a gold cup / world hurdle winner did that has me confused but happy with the result. :D

Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:23 am
Handicapper

Let Love Shine won well which pleased me, Related to my 4yo hurdler from last year Crazy Foal, def on the NH team

Still working on the rest

Cheers for Running the races

Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3