View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 8:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Stable Reviews 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Stable Reviews
jalupen wrote:
all in ck mate trouble is hes rubbish on anything worse than g/f dakota rain dont like rain!!!

be nice if one of us could win the nunthorpe good luck cant wait for the off now

Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:32 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Liam Hyslop

Trentham Stables: Situated 16 3/4 miles from the capital of New Zealand, Wellington, Trentham Racecourse is one of the premier racing destinations in the land of the long white cloud. Set on 67 Hectares of manicured grounds it provides a perfect, centralised base for New Zealand trainers.

Last Season: N/A, This is my rookie season

2012 Target: Any good finishes would be nice. Have played for quite a bit of time in season but I don't think my horses will stack up that well. Hoping to beat any other rookies.

The Team
Consists mostly of middle distance horses. Not very well balanced if i'm honest

2yo
N/A. Never really focused on them

3yo
9f: Anna Kuzmich, Filly: A bit of a lazy one here. Mopes around the stable looking fairly depressed at times which can transfer into her racing. On her day she can turn it on but consistency is her major problem. Not expecting too much from her.

10f: Dirk Kuyt, Colt: Never gives up does this one. Likes to sit just off the pace and take the race to them early on. Loves the sight of another horse trying to get past him and will lift when headed. A real gutsy individual, hoping to pick up a win or two with him

Doris Souter, Colt: Not sure what to make of this one. Was fairly average and underwhelming during the season but can turn it on in the race builder. Bit of an unknown quantity really but will probably be flashing home late down the outside in most races.

12f:Natalie the Ugly, filly: As the name suggests not the pick of the bunch in terms of looks but a solid filly who should hopefully pick up a win along the way.

4yo+
8f: Clint Eastwood, stallion, 4: A real bully around the stables, has to be kept in his own stall away from the other horses. His belligerent nature is reflected in the way he races, he'll get to the lead and not allow any other horses past.

9f: Auntie Aumie, 4, mare: One of the weaker ones in the stable. Will be lucky to be in the money.

Caliph, 4, Stallion: Granddad of the stable. The origin of a lot of my good bloodlines. He's more here for sentimental reasons but he earnt his spot here and should not be treated lightly.

Jess Brodie, 5, Mare: Another truly ugly horse who could find the league a bit of a struggle.

Mike Tyson Ii, 5, Stallion: Showed nothing as a 3yo and was sent overseas but managed to find some form with age and was quickly recalled back home, hence the Ii. One of the better horses in the stable and he may lose the race but he won't lose the fight. Had real trouble with him and Clint Eastwood in the stables.

10f:Frank De Boer, 5, Stallion: Probably the pick of the stable and hoping for a decent showing from him in the league.

16f:Little Treasure, 4, Stallion: Decent 2 miler here but I never really focused on stayers so will probably struggle.

Natiain, 5, Stallion: Same story as above. Not expecting too much if others focus more on stayers

Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:30 pm
Group 3 winner

I've trialed about 300 2 mile NH horses.

This thing beats them all consistently. I'm hoping it becomes a league champion hurdle contender.

Eric Kelly who won the Gold Cup last season for me will be tough to beat again this season as a 7 year old.
The only horse that runs him close constantly in trials is Bog Warrior.

Both Montbazon and Bog Warrior need good ground though so not sure how they will fare in the league on anything worse but there defiantly 2 to watch.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:07 pm
Group 1 winner

NHC TEAM
Paul Rhodes (aka PJRhodes1970)
Curragh View Stables And Stud Co Kildare (Ireland) Leassed from Mr Christy Roche
Basicly well bred cast off's from Oxx Bolger O'Brien & Mullins yards

Last seasons
no this is my rookie year

2012 overview
dont have a clue not expecting anything basicly these are the ones who did not make the cut for my flat team
in fact most of them had no jump career in so4

Targets
Would not dare set any targets 1 win this season will be a bonus
think i will be just making up the numbers even though all of the team had great flat careers
and they only just missed out on flat team so hope 1 or 2 might be ok

the team 12

- Cabanna 5yo colt 2m Good
- Campaign 5yo mare 2m6f Good
- China Town 5yo colt 2m5f Good
- Contoband 4yo mare 2m2f Good :
- Fabliau 4yo colt 2m Good
- Flame Of Speed 5yo gelding 2m Good
- Gurrun 4yo colt 3m Good
- Harradasen 5yo colt 2m4f Good
- Pure 5yo colt 2m Good
- Rock Lilly 5yo colt 2m4f Good
- Rockhampton 5yo mare 2m3f Good
- Rockhampton Force 5yo mare 2m4f Good

iedit just added 2 more so have 12

Last edited by pjrhodes1970 on Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:36 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

pj first offspring from dakota just ran 54.64 as a 2 yr old (in game nunthorpe) smashed his dads time by nearly 1 sec !! will let u know how he goes in ck gotta play the life outta this till saturday gonna book some holiday!!

Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:04 pm
Group 1 winner

jalupen wrote:
pj first offspring from dakota just ran 54.64 as a 2 yr old (in game nunthorpe) smashed his dads time by nearly 1 sec !! will let u know how he goes in ck gotta play the life outta this till saturday gonna book some holiday!!

very nice mate breed the heck out of it

my best 2yo clocked 59secs in ck

best time i got in the game was a 2yo that won nunthorpe in 55.12

Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:22 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I hope its good in the ck otherwise you'll have to chuck him sadly

Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:42 pm
Group 1 winner

strange stuff was a firm ground horse at 2 now prefers softer ran 55.85 at ascot in game on firm?? pretty good in ck beats everything i have on g/s or worse but there are a few more coming along 2yr old just ran 57.30 at ascot in game gonna trial him tonight

Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:02 pm
Group 1 winner

Leon Van Rensburg ( National Hunt Stable ) Flat string updated in old post

Paris ( Flaming Glory - Silent Beauty by Wood Griffin )

Mediocre 10 furlong flat horse who proved a revelation over hurdles. Loves Cheltenham and soft ground so hoping for a wet Cheltenham. Will be running in the grade 1's. Hope she is good enough. Disappointed in her trial run but have since discovered that anything further than 2 miles is too far and she reserves her best for Cheltenham.

Bring to Life ( World of Dreams - Conjure by Turquoise Sea )

Flat bred miler who shaped into a nice hurdler. Loves to lead and incredibly hard to pass often rallying gamely when looking well beaten. Will provide the stable with wins especially if granted an easy lead. Has idiosyncrasies about courses either loving or loathing them so needs a well planned campaign.

Consistent ( Silent Mamba - Erratic by Wormhole )

Takes after a name and always thereabouts. Prefers soft ground although seems ok on all surfaces. Much better than Where the Girls who placed in group company so will be aimed at the the graded 2mile4/ 2mile5 female hurdle races.

Conversation Piece ( Hard Drive - Mummify by Hush )

Soft ground lover and brilliant jumper. Gets 3m2 but ideally wants a little further. The Foxhunters is the target.

Dothraki ( Michaelangelo - Mummify by Hush )

Star 3 mile hurdler and the big festival 3 mile races are his targets

Famous Duel ( Quanah Parker - Lucky Ghost by Lucky Proud )

Out of last seasons grand national winner and like his sire finds 4 miles 2 furlongs too short!!! A brilliant jump with a great love for Aintree. Will follow a similar campaign to Quanah Parker and will more than likely stay on in most of his races without really threatening ensuring a good mark for the Grand National which is the target.

Hard Drive ( Gunman - Phantom Valley by Phantom Secret )

Will be aimed at the some of the big staying chaser handicaps.

Manifest ( Botticelli - Princess Mononoke by Red Army )

A breeding anomaly. His sire was a multiple group 1 winner over 2miles 4 on the flat and his dam a gold cup winner over fences. No chance of him getting those types of distances though and 2 miles 5 is as far as he wants. He is a brilliant and very consistent 2 mile 5 hurdler. Will be running in the grade 1 races. The more it rains the better.

Overture ( Task Force - Hypothetical by Club Chairman )

Brilliant juvenile. 2miles1 suits best but fine over 2 miles. High expectations.

Puff Adder ( The Shire - Speaking in Tongues by Manner of Speaking )

Bred a long time ago but starting to think she may be a freak. Slams Gracious on heavy ground and beats all my other horses on any other ground very easily. More speed than the one paced Gracious and will be very competitive in the bumpers. Loves juice in the ground but this is not essential.

Ruling Entity ( Secret Entity - Ruler of Secrets by World Ruler )

Probably the last of my great marathon chasers. ( And this was a long time ago ) Have only recently reignited a good staying line. Seen staying on to good effect over 3miles7 at the trials. Ideally wants 4 miles 2 but should be ok in handicaps at 4 miles. Should be thereabouts but not sure if she is good enough to win many.

Rumours ( Fire Assassin - Hushed Voices by Whispering Voices )

Loves Punchestown and is equally effective over 16 and 17 furlongs. Not as good as Sanctions except at Punchestown.

Sanctions ( Run Free - Rumours by Fire Assassin )

Mediocre hurdler that became a brilliant chaser. All grounds come alike. Much better than my 16 furlong chasers from last season and have high hopes.

Self Reflection ( Trance Vortex - Royal Star by Royal Chaplain )

Versatile hurdler with regards to trip and ground. She will be aiming to try win the OH racing mares crown. :) Quietly confident she will give a good account of herself.

Soothsayer ( Superstition - Faultless by Devils Island )

Multiple group 1 winning 10 furlong flat horse. A game front running chaser who will be aimed at handicaps over distances ranging from 2miles 2 to 2 miles 5. Probably my most erratic jumper so hoping for clear rounds. Useless over hurdles so will stick to chasing.

Special Trade ( Special King - Spice Trade by Gunman )

Hopefully one of the stable stars. Out of a sire who won the Rynair chase 4 times. This is the race he will be aimed at. He loves Cheltenham and this 5 year old gelding should win races.

Top Center ( Conversation Piece - Mercurial Star by Leading Star )

2 mile6 / 3 mile chaser who will be competing in mare only events.

Wells Fargo ( Jamie Lannister - High Ground by Temple of Doom )

Depending on how he shapes up will be either my RSA chase or gold cup horse. Found last year most of mine were getting outpaced but he has a good turn of foot and is a brilliant jumper who loves soft ground.

Witchcraft ( Hard Drive - Walkaway by Wop Bam Boogie )

Versatile mare who loves Chepstow and depending on her rating may be my Welsh national horse. Equally at home over hurdles so will be easy to preserve a good mark. Will take in some 3 mile hurdles on route to the national. Potential stable star.

Wop Bam Boogie (Go To Town - Modern Art by Art Projection )

Stable has had huge success breeding with the Art Projection bloodline and like Art Projection's son Michaelangelo Wop Bam Boogie has contributed to the stables vast improvement in staying chasers and hurdlers.
Although ideally wants firm his runs on soft ground seem fine and he will be running in the 3mile 1 graded hurdling races. Likes Aintree.

Still another 10 additions to the stable to come . Watch this space for updates. :)

Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:27 pm
Group 1 winner

Hurricane Run (Woodbine Road Stables)

Good to be back boys, looking forward to the banter with everyone on here again. The last season I played saw me come 5th (I think) in the UK league and 3rd in the NHC with multiple group wins. Unfortunately I have not played the game since that season and therefore my horses will be way off group standard. Therefore my target for this season is just to enjoy being part of the last s04 league season and to tribute any wins to the late Paul Moores.

If I had to single out horses I feel may perform well I would say MISTY FOR ME (NHC 4YO), REFINEMENT (6YO 3MH) and on the flat HARMONIC VOICE (3YO 6F) AND MIDNIGHT HEART (3YO 2M4F).

Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:25 am
Group 1 winner

dakota rain (5f 3yoc)after lots of trialling will only run on firm/hard clocked 56.63 at ascot on firm.
twisted wave (1m4f 3yof) nice filly hopefully my oaks horse easily beats my november hcap winner
diamond maxine (1m4f 5yos) big brute hopefully show enough to go to dubai
cowsgill (1m-1m2f 3yof) high hopes here smashes my grp2 winner from last year
also 2 other nice sprinters scouting party & rain of fire well worth keeping an eye on

and 2 horses returning older see me go a g1 second returns as a 4yro
and minos ghost who will be aimed at newbury,ascot and meydan 4yro+ 1m races

good luck all and enjoy (just be happy with a winner any level)

Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:19 am
Group 1 winner

Keith Beaky:

Hue(Vietnam) Horses

Information: I won about 15 races last season and I believe that over 50% of my runners finished in the first 5 places which I was very happy, and surprised with. Catch Up won a G2 and G3 stayers race, She Is Great finished second in the Golden Shaheen G1 at Meydan beaten by Scatters' multiple G1 winner Sara Horizon I believe. We also won the Royal Hunt Cup, easily, and the Stewards at Goodwood. Also had 2nd's in the Wokingham, Ayr Gold Cup and Cesarewitch.

The horses are much better overall this season as the yard has spent a lot of time and money on breeding. All the old lot have gone and this years team are all better than last years. Stable is well balanced and we also have some nice 2yo's. Although aspiration are high most horses will start out in handicaps after their maiden runs.

One To Follow:

Very difficult to get it down to one. Id have to say:

The Dark is Upon Us over 10f. Mighty horse who can get outpaced. But with a clear run, tough I know, he will finish better than 90% of the field and could win a listed race.
And

Can You Feel It over 2m4. Far better than Catch Up and will definitely line up in the Gold Cup.

2YO

5f:
Her Head(I Remember When x Nutted Me):
Very quick and normally lies up with the pace and will be hard to pass. Hopeful of listed races. Mum's gone hurdling!

6f:
Silly Girl(Hazard x Phu Quoc Island) and Soldier Of Fortune(Killer Instinct x Harriet):
Both work well at home and are the most consistent of this years batch. Will lack a turn of foot in the top races and more will be known after the maidens. Parents were very nice milers.

7f:
Rustlin(Blanket Chat x She Is Great) and Hazard(Toby x 1000 People In Jordan):
Rustlin is the daughter of the yards G1 second, She Is Great. Doesn't have the pace of Mum but stays the 7f well and although the target is a listed race will once again know more after the maidens. Hazard is the most consistent, though not the most explosive, of those at home and rightfully takes his place.

8f:
Miss Sunshine(The Dark Is Upon Us x Got A Chance) and Halling(The Dark Is Upon Us x Shiva):
Both out of the yards best horse, Dark Is Upon Us, and both like Dad see out their races well. Bit concerned that they will try and cut their way through the pack but given some luck in running could do well in handicaps.

10f:
Bao Dai(Chao Jo x You Too):
Bred for 10f which he just about gets at 2! No idea where we are with this one but again sees out his races really well and will need luck in running.

3YO

5f:
Leonardo(Toby x Nutted Me) and Lightning Strike(Quick Billy x No Biggy):
Both have parents who have gone hurdling and although both would be the best at home I have no idea where that leaves us in the league so will find out after the maidens. Handicaps at the big meetings is likely. One will be Royal Ascot bound.

6f:
Girls(Killer Instinct x Lets Dance) and Kesker Say(Sack The Board x Condor)
Girls is the better of the two and seems to go flat out for the whole 6f. I doubt her average speed is quick enough but she'd be a good think in handicaps off a mark in the 80's. Kesker Say would struggle to beat Girls off level weights so expect him to finish mid division in maiden and then head for the Wokingham.

7f AND 8f:
Have A Go(Killer Insinct x Her Head) and Killer Instinct(Hazard x Rustlin)4
The yard have used the time machine to good effect here with Have A Go being the same age as Dad and a year older than Mum. :? Both horses have the pace to win over 7f and 7f at Ascot would be perfect but can also see out a mile at track such as Goodwood and if im honest that is probably their best trip. So stiff 7 or easy mile. Royal Hunt Cup for one.

10f:
The Dark Is Upon Us(Rhino x Please Be Good) and Under The Ocan(Iffraaj x Got A Chance):
Both are lovely horses. Dark Upon is out of the yards super stallion Rhino. He has some blood in 75% of my better horses from 1m to 2m and Dark Is Upon Us would now be the yards best. Can get outpaced but has an awesoms turn of foot in the last 2f. If close enough in his races will get up in the last 50 yards, at the right level. Under The Ocan is a consistent filly and she might take in a listed fillies race over 10f.

1m4f:
Hawksbill(Helicopter and I Love Her) and Rhino(Biens Nanti x Garthy)
Hawksbill I regret already, she is average. Rhino is here purely because he started nearly all my lines to the next class of horses. He is a decent handicapper on soft anyway and his sons and daughters like having him around!

1m6f:
Trick Hats(Night Shepherd x Shes All Right) and Dark Upon Us Returns(Any Danger x Undefeated)
I really like Trick Hats and she has been the most consistent horse over 14f for some time. The yard has not managed to breed anything better than her in months and Id be hopeful of her taking in a listed race for fillies over that trip. Dark Upon Us Returns has bits of The Dark Is Upon Us in him from both sides hence the name. Nowhere near as good and is a horse that lacks speed for 1m4 and doesn't stay 2m. Handicapper.

2m:
The Brigadier(Toledo Star x Away Away)
Mum is a lovely horse in her own right but Brig has more speed and after the maidens will either be in listed races or saved for the Cesarewitch.

2m2:
Away Away(Dabaida x Off To The Auction)
Out of a multiple Ascot Gold Cup and Prix du Cadran winning game horse and Mum won the Irsih Leger four times. When first bred she blew the socks off everything from 2m-2m4 but now the yard has better horses in both them categories and she is an out an out 2m2 horse. Could be hard placing her but she will win races. Normally kicks on and says catch me if you can!

2m4:
Come Free To Us(Yabo x I Want To Win)
Both parents were "ok" and didn't set the world on fire. But she is far better and is likely to be aimed at group races over the maximum trip. Bit speedier than Can You Feel It, yards Gold Cup horse, and still sees out the trip well.

4YO+

1m:
Archimedes(Sack The Board x Undefeated)
Out of a multiple G1 winner at 6f and Mum was a group winner 2 miler. Between them they produced a miler who likes to hang out the back and then scythe through the field in the last 2f. Entered in a maiden in week 2 and will then look at listed races.

10f:
Humbled(The Dark Is Upon Us x McNutty)
The Dark Is Upon has literally been bred with every filly in the paddocks but hasn't produced anything near his level :( This is the best of an average bunch and he races differently. More likely to burst out and then be holding on for dear life in the last 50 yards than getting up on the line. Top handicapper or listed class.

1m4:
Compelling(Africa x Trick Hats)
Both parents want 1m6 so for Comelling to be a 1m4 horse was a surprise. Has a better turn of foot than both parents but will most likely be seen in handicaps.

2m4:
Can You Feel It(Come Straight Back x Come Free To Us)
Lovely horse who will stay and stay. Prefer a quicker pace which doesn't happen too often in the top staying races but should be able to cruise at most speeds. Just hope he is as good as the yard think. Gold Cup bound

Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:09 pm
Group 1 winner

Thanks Keith i think my eyes are hurting after trying to see your baby pooh colour on your horses. :P

Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:37 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

i cant even see the names blinded

Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:40 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Well better now than they hurt so much from being beaten so far!!

I find the other colours too much and that was a nice, "soft" colour.

Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next