View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 4:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Stable Reviews 
Group 1 winner

Post Stable Reviews
I would like all players to give information about their flat stable on this thread so that I can pick out information for the newsletters and racecards.

This has proved to be a valuable resource in the past.

If you can keep editing your thoughts about each of your horses then that would be great.

Will put one together for Ricky over next ten days.

Any/all information is useful, incluing targets for the season, breeding, race thoughts etc.

There were some great write ups last year.

Thanks

Last edited by East Pier Whitby on Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:07 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Stable Reviews
Ricky Goulding:

Orchard Stables

Age 17:

Stable Abandoned

Last edited by East Pier Whitby on Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:09 pm, edited 30 times in total.

Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:11 pm
Group 1 winner

Yes this is quality mate. I will add mine here next week as to not clog up this thread.

Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:55 pm
Group 1 winner

great stuff will defo do one once team finalised prob like kieth next week

Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:08 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Mike Westwood

Westwood Stables

Due to a terrible virus the stables in wolverhampton have been shut down for a year and is unlikely any horses will be fit to run until SO5.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:02 pm
Group 1 winner

Paul Rhodes (aka PJRhodes1970)
Curragh View Stables And Stud Co Kildare (Ireland) Leassed from Mr Christy Roche
Basicly well bred cast off's from Oxx Bolger O'Brien & Mullins yards

Last seasons
4 Wins @ Handicap Level

2012 overview
Having rushed together a team 2 week before the start of last season this year has been different,
I have been preparing for 3 or 4 months for this season hit a few standard times here and there especially in the
sprints so hopeful of improvement this season.

Targets
To be as competitive as possible and try and win at least 1 group race. Majority of my team would
be handicap class and its about placing them correctly I think I have a few nice sprinters that could be better than handicap level.
targeting 10 wins at any level in league a top 20 UKRA spot would be nice Anything else is a bonus

Big Race Targets
Queen Mary.......Snap Rocket(59secs in trial hope she is top class)
Nunthorpe/Abbaye....Avatorr (reasons Stated Below)
Wokingham..... Snapped (1m10.15 in trial but aim for big handicap)

The Team
A well balenced team most of which will be targeted at handicap level

2 year olds (9)
5f….Bandanna (colt)
5f… Snap Rocket (Filly)
6f….Silent Bandanna (colt)
6f….Glorius (Filly)
7f….Lift Me Up (colt)
7f….Accelernation (Filly)
8f….Rockhampton Rover (colt)
8f….Swift Amazon (Filly)
10f…China Town Nights (Colt)

3 year olds (12)
5f….Caufield Glory(colt)
5f….Avatorr (Filly)
6f….Hope And Glory (colt)
7f….Get Shorty (colt)
8f….Dubai Destiny (colt)
8f….Destinys Child(Filly)
9f...Gift Of War (colt)
10f…Lilly Rock (Filly)
12f...Ming Dynasty (colt)
12f...Merceless (colt)
12f...Little Champion (Filly)
14f...Man Of Iron (Colt)

4 Year Old + (9)
5F...Swift Caufield (Mare)
6f....Snapped (Stallion)
6f....Planet Krypton (Stallion)
8f....Honour (Stallion)
10f...Caufield Congi (Stallion)
14f...Elle Niemens (Mare)
16f...Van Nimion (Stallion)
16f...Van Der Vaart (Stallion)
20f...Spanish Buccaneer (Stallion)

Stable Star

AVATORR 3 Year old filly she is a speed freak clocked
57.12 in trials and is solid over 6 and 7 furlongs she is my best chance of group glory in the league she is bred by
2 multiple g1 winners at 5 and 6 furlongs she has an awesome cruising speed but her turn of foot at the end of a
race is awesome she is in the trials This weekend as a 2yo I am sure someone out there has better but
would not swap her for Black Caviar.

Last edited by pjrhodes1970 on Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:42 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Holger aka Moliets_Surfer
Moliets Breeders (Germany)

Horses are trained in Germany and in the nice region Les Landes, in Moliets, France.

Last seasons
2012 is my rookie season.

2012 overview
Playing SO4 since Xmas 2011, about 31 seasons with standard schedule. Only playing this flat game without mixing horses from a 2nd or 3rd game. Some seconds away from standard times but while having 1yo twin girls there is not always so much time to play and I'm just enjoying the game wtaching much races before I discovered the TAB...

Targets

Really looking forward to my first season, gathering experience and maybe can win a low handicap!? Will be happy about every Top 10 result.
Will be more a challenge for me against the other rookies and maybe getting Rookie of the year! :wink:

Big Race Targets
Just winning a handicap race.
Dreoeyes seems to be my best candidate for this till now, but not sure in which age and distance.

The Team

Trials are still running - to be decided.

Information about horses to be continued soon after nomination.

Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:39 am
Handicapper

I'll have all mine done for next week

Getting excited now for the start of the season

Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:23 pm
Group 1 winner

Leon van Rensburg
Karoo Stables ( South African based in England )

Synopsis
Made a late return from retirement last year with a weak string.
Flat
A late start hampered handicap exploits but nevertheless picked up numerous wins and one or two big handicaps.

NH
An ok season with a couple of grade 1 victories and victory in the Grand National with Quanah Parker.

Targets

Flat
Everything 1m4 and under will more than likely be handicapping. As in previous campaigns the stable will be geared towards the big staying races and I will be aiming to win races I have won before like the Gold Cup, Melbourne Cup, Queens Vase, Prix du Cadran, Chester Cup etc

Begining and End ( Presly - Alpha et Omega by Wop Bam Boogie )
Races handy and can hit the front too early. Will be aimed 11/12 furlong handicaps

Clairvoyance ( World News - Unmatched by Special Trade )
Finds something extra when headed. Both a mile and 7 furlongs are suitable. Needs the ground to be good or worse and prospects are average.

Coming of age ( Supersonic - Word Game by Whips and Chains )
Consistent 6 furlong sprinter who can get a stiff 5 furlongs. Will see things go in her maiden but may be aimed at listed and group races

Daenerys Targeryen (Emperors Cup - Glamour Puss by Task Force )
Will seek out the softer ground races. Should be competitive at group level as long as the ground is worse than good. Versatile regarding trip and can race handy or come from midfield.

Deception ( World News - Propaganda by Sundance Kid )
Jumps bred horse who found the ground too slow for his liking in NH. Began flat career at 4 winning a group 1 on debut. Needs it fast and will see how he runs on debut to see if he goes handicapping or into group races. Epsom Derby is a possible target as he likes the course. If things pan out well on debut then there are high hopes for some prize money at the top level.

Fealty ( Michaelangelo - Princess Mononoke by Red Army )
Stamina laden pedigree for this jumps bred mare. Another who began flat career at 4. Loves Flemington and Randwick and the Sydney Cup and Melbourne Cup ( depending on her weight ) are her targets. All ground comes alike so no fears on that front.

Jamie Lannister ( Go to War - Mummify by Hush )
Mudlark who is at his best on soft or heavy ground. Likes the the Curragh and hoping the ground comes up soft for the St ledger. Will be in the group races if the rain comes. If not will go down the handicap route depending on rating.

Magic Ritual ( War Relic - Coven by Plant of Ice )
Yet another jumps bred horse who was a revelation when tried on the flat. Ideally wants soft ground. Ideal distance is 11 furlongs but 10 and 12 furlongs are within her range. Various options for her down the handicapping route and will hope for a good mark to exploit on her favoured ground conditions.

Man in Black ( Conversation Piece - Mercurial Star by Leading Star )
Jumps bred horse who is equally at home over 2m2 and 2m4. High expectations and should pick up some wins.

Michaelangelo ( Art projection - Fairy Godmother by Kind Words )
Equally at home over 1mile 6 and 2 furlongs and may compete in group or listed races.

Sand Dust ( Fired Silk - Technicolour by Spontaneous )
Needs a strong pace to be seen at best and although gets 6 furlongs 5 furlongs suits best. Will probably be handicapping.

Silent Fire ( Silent Mamba - Fire Dancer by Whispering Voice )
Unraced on the flat although the dam side of his breeding is laden with group 1 winning sprinters. His sire never ran on the flat. Equally at home over 7 furlongs and a mile. Newmarket is the ideal course. Needs it soft to be seen in best light but does handle good ground. High hopes and may get a guineas entry.

Spell ( Jallad -All Thrills Too by Village Market )
Another NH bred horse although her sire and dam were decent flat horses sent jumping. Ideal distance is 9 furlongs but can run the odd incredible time over 10 furlongs. Not sure what to make of her chances and will see how she runs on debut before plotting her campaign.

Task Force ( Great Hope - Voice Book by Whispering Voice )
Star 2 mile hurdler who won numerous grade 1 hurdles despite his liking for firm ground. Never ran on the flat but both his sire and his dams sire dominated the 5 furlong division. So he does come with an impeccable flat pedigree. Will be aimed at the top sprint handicaps. The Epsom dash being one of his targets.

Troy ( God Chief - Walkaway by Wop Bam Boogie )
Jumps bred and although he had a good career over fences found the ground often against him. Wants it firm and the flat is ideal for him. Gets 2 miles 4 easily in fact this is his preferred distance but equally at home over 2 miles 2 and will be aimed at the Chester cup and Doncaster Cup on tracks he has distinct likings for. Was worried that he would be hammered by the handicapper after his debut but found a soft ground 2mile3 furlong race on a course he does not like :D in week 1. If he wins that I have a superstar but more than likely will be on a good mark :D after the race.

Unmatched ( Special Trade - Voice of Doom by Temple of Doom )
Another unraced on the flat jumps bred horse ( Don't know why I bothered playing the flat game!!! ). Loves Newmarket and both 7 furlongs and 1 mile suit. Runs some very good times over a mile so may be guineas bound. Likes to be help up so foresee some problems although may be able to exploit a nice handicap mark if she can't find room on her debut.

Voice of Doom ( Temple of Doom - Hushed Voices by Whispering Voices )
A freak of nature. Sire is an Rynair / RSA chase / world hurdle winner . Trounced all comers in bumpers and 2 mile hurdles for many seasons and then proceeded to trail in many lengths adrift in hurdles and bumper trials ??? However on the flat its a different story and despite never running a race on the flat destroys all comers over both 5 and 6 furlongs. Probably not group class as only runs 1 min10.1 over 6 furlongs and 57.3 over 5 furlongs but will be aimed at the top handicaps. The Wokingham being one of her targets.

Wildling Warrior ( World News - Oligarchy by Orange Town )
Consistent 10 furlong juvenile who may be good enough for listed races but not holding my breath.

NH
The stables star sires Wop Bam Boogie and Temple of Doom keep churning out monster jumpers so big things are expected A very strong stable will be put together and targets are numerous. Aiming for a top 5 finish.

There are a further 12 inmates to be added. Watch this space

Last edited by leonvr on Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:03 am
Group 3 winner

Scott Wood:

2yo's to watch:

5f - Common as Muck-
Shows speed at home, scope to go over 6f later in the season.

1m - Face Facts Dude -
Often slow out of the practice stalls at home and just gets the better of Forgot About Me Did Ya on our all weather gallops from 1m - 1m2f.

3yo's to watch:
We seem to have quite a strong bunch of 3yo sprinters this season, they should be VERY competetive in top handicaps-Listed, Pick of them been either Bonanza or Freedom Flyer, On his day Bonanza could be a group horse.

1m- Tinpot Sue-
Sired by Mismatch, she's thankfully inherited most of her fathers talent and works extremely well on our gallops compared to her fathers times, Group performer????

4yo's up to watch:

6f-7f - Scottys Dream 5yo:
Very versatile, will be aimed at handicaps BUT could blossom when the ground starts firming up into a listed-group perfomer over 6f-7f.

1m4f-1m6f- Aspectus 4yo :
Went very close in both the english and irish oaks last season, she looks to have trained on and will be challenging for places where ever she races.

Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:58 pm
Group 1 winner

Pontypool Racing - Situated at the bottom of the Brecon Beacons south Wales UK the stable races under both codes nearest other stables close by are Rebbeca Curtis and Milton Bradley Stables around ten miles down the road and we get off casts for the jumps from local rival Tim Vaughan Our rookie season brought a couple of small Handicaps wins on the flat but our biggest sucess came over hurdles when Forgive N Forget won the big Fixed Brush Handicap Hurdle at Haydock. All our flat horses this year are all newcomers so unknown how good These are but are expecting a few more handicap wins this year any other win listed or group would make the season on the flat worthwhile we are expecting better Things from our jumpers.

2 -y-o
5F Save A Prayer 2yo Colt
(by Miles Ahead / Duran Duran) Very speedy juvenile winner of the brocksley on debut my quickest 2yo so hoping to find a handicap somewhere

5F Super Trooper 2yo Filly
(by Dubai Bound / Level Fortytwo) nice sprinter winner of the Phoenix Stakes and St Leger yearling Stakes hoping for a good win somewhere.

6f On Tiptoes 2yo Colt
(by Save A Prayer / Bullet) Very Speedy like his dad just started his racing career and beat his dad in ck.

6F Gwent 2yo Filly
(by Prince Of Monmouth / Chill Freeze )Disappointed i spoiled her dads chance of racing this year made a big mistake on upload with wrong distance then made a even bigger one by retiring him didn't realise once retired couldn't be reloaded Gwent though looks a good prospect for a nursery somewhere.

6F Hazy Sunset 2yo Filly

7F Bolt 2yo Colt
(by Mental Milky / Misty Grey) Bright Prospect winner of the Cherry Hinton before showing he stays further at three by winning the Guineas

1m Crackaway Jack 2yo Colt
(by Case History / Stans Pride) one run one win maiden over seven furlongs so unknown what he can acheive

1Mile Ask Me Later 2yo Colt
(by Patrick Starr / Rose Of England)

1Mile Jacobs Biscuit 2yo Colt

1M 1F Page Three Model 2yo Filly
(by Andy Capp / Atomic) Top class fillie winner of the prix Marcel Bousac and the Breeders Cup Juvenile.

1M 1F Mental Milky 2yo Colt
(by Montecito / Milk Heart)

1m 2f The Newport Bullet 2yo Colt
(by Flying Stan / Killing An Arab )

1M 2F French Captain 2yo Colt
(by Flying Stan / The Cure) winner of the Criteium before winner the UAE Derby 2,000 Guineas and the Derby at three currently playing in the game

3yo

5f Fillies Society Filly by Beautiful River/Chill Freeze
6f The Little Perisher Colt by Andy Capp/Love
6f Space Girl Filly by Abso / Super trooper
1m Battleship Colt by Andy Capp/Rose Of England
1m Flying Stan Colt by T C Flyer/Stans Pride
1m2f Killing An Arab Colt by Montecito/The Cure
1m3f Fromherotovillain Colt by Promised You A Miracle/Nineteennintynine
1m4f Gunsmith Filly by Come Along Way/Uptown Girl
1m4f Promised You A Miracle Colt
1m4f Sunset Avenue Filly by Forgive N Forget/Hazey Sunset
1m 5f Then Crazies Filly by In Breed / Crazy For You
1m5f Dance Supreme Filly by Big Bottom Girls/Sea Dancer
2m1f Motorhead Colt by Monchique/Stans Love
2m 2f Clutterbuck Filly by Monchique/Stans Love

4yo

1m Desert Rose Mare
1m2f Nineteenninetynine Mare by Prince/Stans Pride
1m4f Box Clever Stallion by Stans Hideaway / Billy Joels Girl
1m 4f Risk Advisor by Basket Head / Risky Image

PONTYPOOL RACING

Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:07 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Handicapper

S M Fisher (aka Shaka)
Bann Rd Stables Co Down Ireland

Last season
Few Low Handicap Winners

2012 Overview
Has had a Huge Over Haul of New Blood at the stables, 2 & 3 Year Olds trialed really well, Expecting a better season than last, Real High Hopes of a select few below

Targets
Will be contesting bigger handicaps and hopefully lift a Listed and maybe Group 3/2

The Team
Few More to be added but most of the team has been finalised

2 year olds (8)
5F -Angel Lilly - Filly
5F Wee Rocker - Colt
6F Dont Stop Me Now - Colt
6F Wheel Of Fortune - Filly
8F Reflex - Filly
8F Content - Colt
9F Asamour - Filly
9F Cazner - Colt

3 year olds (11)
5F Catchphrase - Colt
5F Oasis - Colt
5F Pretty Green - Filly
6F For An Angel - Filly
7F North Dancer - Filly
7F Wexford - Colt
8F Game On - Filly
9F Let The Love Flow - Filly
9F Sprinkled - Colt
11F Magner - Filly
12F Zalapour - Colt

4 Year Old + (4)
5F Corner Shop - Gelding
6F Little Stout - Mare
7F Not Sure - Gelding
17F Yeats - Colt

Ones to Watch
For An Angel - Have Real High Hopes
Sprinkled - Stays well and has Great turn of Foot
Zalapour - Derby might be too far but is bred to stay

National Hunt Yard with around 10 Runners

Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:51 pm
Group 1 winner

look out for the aptly named Dakota Rain pj (5f) wont run on any ground worse than good clocked sub 55sec at newmarket and 55.05 at donny on firm smashes my g1 second see me go to bits just about gets 6f still trialling at mo and dakota hasnt started breeding yet!!

Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:30 pm
Group 1 winner

jalupen wrote:
look out for the aptly named Dakota Rain pj (5f) wont run on any ground worse than good clocked sub 55sec at newmarket and 55.05 at donny on firm smashes my g1 second see me go to bits just about gets 6f still trialling at mo and dakota hasnt started breeding yet!!

did he do them times in race builder or in game if he did them in race builder nice horse
avatorr's best trial at newmarket was 55.27

Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:00 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

all in ck mate trouble is hes rubbish on anything worse than g/f dakota rain dont like rain!!!

Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next