View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 See you guys for SO5 
Group 1 winner

Post See you guys for SO5
Had enough of waiting for this president to communicate.

The flat schedule is done barring the input of the additional races laid out in another thread.

See you guys for SO5.

Hopefully will be working with a new president by then.

Regards

Steve

Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:53 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: See you guys for SO5
sorry to hear that Steve i think you have been let down here

thanks for the hard work you put in to making a fair and enjoyable schedule for everyone a schedule that will give
every trainer a chance to win races no matter what tallent there horses have

really appriciate what you have done

all the best mate

Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:09 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

What happened to our chat??

Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:36 am
Group 1 winner

Come on Steve, don't jump ship!

Everything is (as far as I'm aware) still on schedule to start from this weekend forth, and the work you have put into making this fantastic schedule hasn't gone unnoticed.

The league was put back a week due to not enough people uploading their horses after a miscommunication which led a forum member to tell everyone they have another week to upload their horses to TOM. There is also (as far as I'm aware) another issue that Rich is working tirelessly to correct before the league begins and I expect a message from Rich over the next couple of days.

The problem is with a big league like this and a whole array of different opinions it is hard to please everyone, if I'm honest it doesn't bother me if he hasn't posted up a message and the league begins at the weekend as normal, but others it seems to bother - it's just how people are.

Don't leave now Steve with the possibly the greatest season in the SOPL is about to get underway, this will be my last season ever in the SOPL, and as far as I know it will also be Hemz last season too - I simply wont have the time to play SO5 to the sort of level I've played the previous versions of the game.

If I or anyone else is unable to persuade you to stay, then I wish you all the best and thank you for all the hard graft you've put in, in creating the fantastic new schedule.

Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:02 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

It will also be my last season. I will not have enough time to play SO5.

It's shaping up to be a brilliant season. Hopefully you will reconsider Steve.

Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:05 pm
Group 1 winner

The Duke wrote:
Come on Steve, don't jump ship!

Everything is (as far as I'm aware) still on schedule to start from this weekend forth, and the work you have put into making this fantastic schedule hasn't gone unnoticed.

The league was put back a week due to not enough people uploading their horses after a miscommunication which led a forum member to tell everyone they have another week to upload their horses to TOM. There is also (as far as I'm aware) another issue that Rich is working tirelessly to correct before the league begins and I expect a message from Rich over the next couple of days.

The problem is with a big league like this and a whole array of different opinions it is hard to please everyone, if I'm honest it doesn't bother me if he hasn't posted up a message and the league begins at the weekend as normal, but others it seems to bother - it's just how people are.

Don't leave now Steve with the possibly the greatest season in the SOPL is about to get underway, this will be my last season ever in the SOPL, and as far as I know it will also be Hemz last season too - I simply wont have the time to play SO5 to the sort of level I've played the previous versions of the game.

If I or anyone else is unable to persuade you to stay, then I wish you all the best and thank you for all the hard graft you've put in, in creating the fantastic new schedule.

THIS x10

Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:14 pm
Group 1 winner

Apologies for the lack of communication, my computer had died and whilst I could get my gmails on my phone for some reason I can't reply. I didn't get any emails from you Steve? Thats the best way to get hold of me as I cannot access this website from work.

Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:43 pm
Group 1 winner

I Will also be seeing you guys in SO5, massive lack of free time at the moment and my computer is also broke so if I get it running again I might upload one or two but it's more than likely that I won't, I hope all goes well and I'm sure it will, lighten up on Rich, now I've entered the real world after being a student for so long, I can see how much free time people will get and just appreciate the effort people make to get the league ticking even more, Steve is a valuable asset and I hope to see him back soon too, good luck to one and all!

Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:00 pm
Group 1 winner

nick_driver wrote:
I Will also be seeing you guys in SO5, massive lack of free time at the moment and my computer is also broke so if I get it running again I might upload one or two but it's more than likely that I won't, I hope all goes well and I'm sure it will, lighten up on Rich, now I've entered the real world after being a student for so long, I can see how much free time people will get and just appreciate the effort people make to get the league ticking even more, Steve is a valuable asset and I hope to see him back soon too, good luck to one and all!

Good luck nick mate i agree with you the lads do a great job and it would be a pitty to loose Steve he is a massive asset to the lge
please change your mind EPW

Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:31 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

The UK flat league will probably fall apart without proper handicapping and it isn't fair on the players to leave it like that.

But things have to change for SO5 in terms of producing a clear rule book for the league, too much is still up in the air with one day to the start.

I would also request:

MASSIVELY better communication on these forums with the way forward discussed openly with all players and decisions made democratically.

The new races to be put into the schedule asap so I can tidy up and forget about that part of the league.

Steve

Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:44 am
Handicapper

Thanks Steve. As you know the time and effort you put in on the schedules and handicapping is much appreciated by all players. Your expertise at assigning the handicap ratings is crucial to the new schedule, and you're right, it would fall apart without you. Thanks for hanging in there mate!

Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:15 am
Group 1 winner

Thanks Steve, your handicapping is a big thing for the league and would be missed a lot. Top rated horse this season 130 or 140?

Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:09 pm
Group 1 winner

Group 1 winner usually rated 120. Then raised 2lb for each consecutive g1 win.

So it is possible a horse could reach mid thirties, but it is unlikely any horse would get higher than 130.

Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]