View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 THE PAUL MOORES NHC CHAMPIONSHIP CHALLENGE 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: THE PAUL MOORES NHC CHAMPIONSHIP CHALLENGE
STANDINGS AFTER WEEK 1

The Duke and his Midnight Valley string burst into an early lead after an excellent opening week, featuring nine individual winners from his select stable kicking him to a 13pt advantage over defending Champion trainer; the powerful Hemsworth Town outfit.

SWC Racing (Doza) is tracking the pace in third position after a handful of good results featuring three winners on his first forray into the National Hunt Club league, and he will be looking to build on that in Week 2 with more of the same, he brings across a plethora of horses from his powerful flat stable and could be a major player this season.

Faughanvale Flyer Stables (GMoore) sits in fourth after just one winner and a bagful of place-getters, this keeps him in the hunt for another week and if he can build on those placed efforts in Week 1, he could go very close to topping the charts after Week 2.

Dave Hooley and his Donny Stables didn't have any first place glory in the opening week but still racked up 25 points in place positions. He has the class to get the best out of his string and although not as good as former years, he looks like being competitive.

Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:27 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

There are now also prizes for 2nd and 3rd place. £25 and £10 respectively.

Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:40 pm
Group 3 winner

keithbeaky wrote:
There are now also prizes for 2nd and 3rd place. £25 and £10 respectively.

What is the prize structure on this Matt?

I'd like to donate, feels right, Paul was a genuinely nice fella. :(

Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:46 pm
Group 1 winner

1st Place £50
2nd Place £25
3rd Place £10

Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:53 pm
Group 1 winner

Indeed l worked with Paul doing the bookies many many moons ago when we was on the other site working to a %. God that was time consuming but he helped every step of the way.

Please add to this Jamie that l will put up a copy of SO5 as a prize. Feel free to use this prize in anyway as you have cash prizes for the first 3 maybe use this prize as trainer with most places or however you see fit

Good luck all

Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:53 pm
Group 3 winner

keithbeaky wrote:
1st Place £50
2nd Place £25
3rd Place £10

I will add another £50 to the prize fund:

1st £80
2nd £35
3rd £20

This should be a regular feature in the league, Its probably the one thing everyone would pull together on.

Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:24 pm
Group 1 winner

scotty64 wrote:

This should be a regular feature in the league, Its probably the one thing everyone would pull together on.

It has been looked at in the past Scotty but always turned down, the reason being as soon as you involve money it was the thought that this would be when you would get people trying to get un-fair advantages to there horses in the breeding lines and hexing. For this reason it has always been turned down but as everyone has uploaded now l think this is a great one off in memory of "THE LEGEND" Paul Moore's

Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:29 pm
Group 1 winner

Either that or people deliberately running them over the wrong trip to gain an unfair advantage in a handicap. Its a shame trainers abuse the goodwill of the league.

Probably best Jamie decides the prize money an prizes

Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:52 pm
Group 3 winner

mwesty1 wrote:
scotty64 wrote:

It has been looked at in the past Scotty but always turned down, the reason being as soon as you involve money it was the thought that this would be when you would get people trying to get un-fair advantages to there horses in the breeding lines and hexing. For this reason it has always been turned down but as everyone has uploaded now l think this is a great one off in memory of "THE LEGEND" Paul Moore's

To be fair I have only been involved in the league for 4 seasons now and someone has been accused of "cheating" every season, so it seems to rear its ugly head every season in one form or another whether money is involved or not.

Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:09 pm
Group 3 winner

keithbeaky wrote:
Either that or people deliberately running them over the wrong trip to gain an unfair advantage in a handicap. Its a shame trainers abuse the goodwill of the league.

Probably best Jamie decides the prize money an prizes

I admit I am one of the people who did this last season but it was not deliberate. It will be rife this season without steve doing the handicapping, although I think most wont be doing it deliberately.

Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:20 pm
Group 1 winner

can i just clarify this once and for all

i thought the rule was that you can race a mile horse at 7 furlongs and 1mil 1 furlongs effectivly 1f either side
of best distance

i thought this was the rule i have enetered some horses in maidens 1furlong outside there best distance only to get a mark

when you have 30 horses which i now think is too many(mianly becuase i still have 1 unraced horse)
which is prob because i have 1 or 2 too many sprinters
you have to do this in maidens to get a mark or race at a higher level (which ruined alot of my team last year)

basicly lads just whan an answer if i enter my horses now who raced 1f outside best distance in a handicap at correct distance
in week 3 will i get accused of cheating because that is the last thing i want to happen have never cheated at anything in my life whats the point.

sorry for long winded post just need clarification on this asap

Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:16 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Thanks Matt and Scotty for the additional prize funds. I'll work out the best way in which the fund can be divided out, and return with some thoughts over the next week.

Much appreciated for doing that, absolute gents. :D

Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:47 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Last place!? Nnnoooooo! :lol:

Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:04 pm
Group 1 winner

Think there are a few people on 0 points Pepsi, so don't be too downbeat. Also to make people aware Mike Westwood has offered to donate a copy of Starters Orders 5 once it is released and has left me to do the thinking behind that prize.

Wooden spoon maybe? :lol:

Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:06 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

STANDINGS AFTER WEEK 2

The Duke continues to lead the way after week 2, with another massive haul of points (51) but he didn't top the charts this week. That honour went to Craig Allen and Hemsworth Town who narrowly edged ahead on the week on (52) points.

A special mention this week goes to Kevin Meenaghan and his Anything But Perfect Stables which amassed a large (31) point haul on the week without having a single winner, but a plethora of placed efforts added to his total from week 1.

The Duke also had the most winners on the week with 5, closely followed by Davy Robertson (Timmergreens) with 3, and John Scatters (Reddis Park) also on 3.

At the top of the table just 12 points separates Midnight Valley and Hemsworth Town Stables, and it'll be interesting going into Week 3 to see what happens with the start of the bonus races and the opening races from the Champion Bumper Crowns and Staying Hurdler Champion Crown.

BONUS RACES
WK3 R06 - Badger Ales Trophy Handicap Chase
WK3 R15 - Greatwood Handicap Hurdle

Champion Bumper Champion Crown
WK03 R18 - Cleanevent Standard Open NHF Race

Staying Hurdler Champion Crown
WK03 R02 - John Smiths West Yorkshire Hurdle

Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:15 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next