View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 1:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Season 6 NH Stars 
Group 1 winner

Post Season 6 NH Stars
Would like to know your targets for some of your stars this season and who you are looking forward to racing?

Il start it off.....

Theon Sansa 2m4/5f Chaser - Very talented horse, will need it soft to come into his own. He even stays 3m, so i have many options with him this season.

D Angelo 2m Hurdler - Really do like this mare, she likes to be up there at the front. If she breaks well could be hard to peg back.

Silver Pond 3m6f+ Stayer - Looking forward to seeing this mare run. In the same mould has Globe Trotter.

Pistol Dawn 3m Hurlder - Not sure what to expect from this horse, been trail well. Hope he's better than last season donkeys over this trip.

Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:15 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Season 6 NH Stars
Manifest - Hurdler - Very talented over 2 miles 5 and easily beats my group placed horses from last season

Overture - Juvenile Hurdler - Excited about her. Equally at home over 16 and 17 furlongs

Puff Adder - Bumper - Well be very hard to beat on soft ground or worse. Expecting big things.

Special Trade- Chaser - Talented 2mile 5 chaser will be trying to win the Rynair

Wells Fargo - Chaser - Time will tell if this will be my RSA or Gold cup horse. High hopes

Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:26 pm
Handicapper

Boilin - Returning after a good season last year. Going down the same route this year with the good 3 mile handicap chases in mind. Very much as good at 6 as he was at 5, so i'm really looking forward to some good runs here. The Becher Chase is my main hope.

Fromourevidence - Uploaded at the last minute and i am really excited about his one. A 2 mile chaser who i reckon could be my next Newcorp Lad, who won me my first group 1 a couple seasons ago.

Hungry Mix - My first good hurdling prospect. Never given the hurdle seen much time of day, but this time i have a really promising one who i hope can win one or two good prizes over 2 miles.

New Cavendish Street - A good stayer, but won't be going much further than 3, 4. Again the staying handicap chases are on the agenda for this one.

I'm not expecting any of the big races to land my way, but i reckon i have some decent handicappers in my stable and could land quite a bit of place money.

Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:05 pm
Group 1 winner

Just 1 horse entered in league for me just for the Paul moores tribute

TOMMY FAT FINGERS Will be featuring in all staying races

Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:36 pm
Group 3 winner

I'm really expecting a great season. I hope to compete for the trainers title.
The horses at Slievenamon Stables have really improved this season.

- Cage Fighter 6yo mare 3m2f Very Soft

Won the gold cup by a distance 3 years in a row in my game. Quite good in ck also.
Runs Eric Kelly close which is a good thing, should win races.

- Capricorn Moon 6yo mare 2m4f Good

Will be aimed at alot of the top mares races including the David Nickelson.
Probably the best 2 mile 4 horse I ever had.

- Eric Kelly 7yo colt 3m2f Softish

Last seasons Gold Cup Hero returns for its last season. Will be really tough to beat again, better as a 7yo. Sees out the trip alot better.

- Island Storm 5yo mare 3m1f Good

Never beaten in a trial race when it stood up. Very consistent in ck. Will be aimed at the Irish Hennessy and the 3 mile 1 races at Punchestown and Aintree.

- Sire De Grugy 4yo mare 2m Good

Very talented novice hurdler. Might be the best novice hurdler I've ever trained. Could be special.

- Vindication 6yo colt 2m5f Very Soft

My main hope for the Ryanair Chase. Travels so well in its races and has a great turn of foot.

- Warrior 6yo colt 3m1f Firmish

My main World Hurdle Contender. Also equally good over fences so should delve between both.

- White Collar 5yo colt 2m Good

The tough decision with this one will be to run in the champion hurdle or champion chase. Will be shocked if it doesn't win at least a grade 3 race.

I've got several other good horses such as Brave Highlander, Afef John, Alans Friend, Alderstar and Moth Hill but there's too many to go through.

Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:40 pm
Group 1 winner

Loving the confidence Jimmy boy :)

My string is not has good this season. My stayers on the other hand are better.

Looking forward to some racing guys.

Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:19 pm
Group 3 winner

Hope this will be a great season

new look 4yo ... should of upladed her as 5yo still fingers crossed will run very well

Slow Starter ... ran bad in recent trials ... not put me off

Dreams Come True ... lead to the last at 2m2 in trials ... 2miler , so hopes

Milly ... another 2miler ... will win races

Coach Station ... going to kick jimmys azzzzzzz in gold cup lol

Dog And Bone ... ran very great times in in ck ,, i know times dont count so a gamble

its very tough trailing in nhc ... hope mark fixes this
As im back for so5 and cant wait

good luck all and hope we enjoy this season

Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:22 pm
Group 1 winner

deltanion wrote:
Hope this will be a great season

new look 4yo ... should of upladed her as 5yo still fingers crossed will run very well

Slow Starter ... ran bad in recent trials ... not put me off

Dreams Come True ... lead to the last at 2m2 in trials ... 2miler , so hopes

Milly ... another 2miler ... will win races

Coach Station ... going to kick jimmys azzzzzzz in gold cup lol

Dog And Bone ... ran very great times in in ck ,, i know times dont count so a gamble

its very tough trailing in nhc ... hope mark fixes this
As im back for so5 and cant wait

good luck all and hope we enjoy this season

Good luck del boy :)

Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:51 pm
Group 1 winner

Its my second season i think my horses are better this tine but still think handicappers at best.

1 Strike A Pose One of my better hurdlers over 2miles will find out where to go after the maidens i hope she is better than a handicapper if not all my horses will be all aimed at winning some of the big handicaps.

2 Earl Of Wiltshire Good sonud jumper over 2miles 1furlong one of my better chasers.

3 Seinfeld Great 3miler but cant jump the bigger obstacles always falling so with no Forgive N Forget this year to defend his Fixed Brush Hurdle handicap at Haydock seinfeld will be taking that route and is his sole purpose in life.

4 Grand Theft Auto Only one aim this season to get well handicapped and fly home in the final big race at sandown at the end of the season formerly known as the whitbread gold cup that is hes not good enough for the Gold Cup At Cheltenham.

5 Lady Of Leisure This was the big surpise during the trials only ran over two miles during the game but trialed well and out stayed all my other horses over 4miles and she jumps like a stag so will find out soon enough if i have anything that can go the national route.

Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:47 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 3 winner

My stable isnt anywhere near as good as last season but looking forward to seeing
Marble Walk 2mh ,Casper Netscher 2mh run this season and also Doctor Bond running in GN again

Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:47 am
Group 3 winner

Not sure how good my 4yo novice hurdlers are, I have 4 that will either go 2m novice chasing or hurdling.
All 4 smash my league supreme novices hurdle winner G I Jane on any surface @ cheltenham over 2m by anything from 3 to 10 lengths.........they could be anything. :shock:

Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:48 am
Group 1 winner

Hey All,

Well I surprised myself last season with getting a few more winners then I would of thought, but I don't seem to have too much confidence in this bunch, but you never know :wink:

I like my 5yo, 2m Chaser "Jack Blanket" who seems swift and jumps well, although I am sure, as last season the ones I thought were good, ended up being the donkeys and I was surprised by the rest, so I will say no more.

Great turn out of trainers, so should be a fitting season being the last of 04 and a lovely idea to tribute PM in the way the DUKE has taken time out to do.

GOOD LUCK ALL, and I hope you all fall at the first :lol:

Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:09 am
Group 1 winner

I think my team is "ok". The trials were good and bad for me. A couple seemed to run really badly but that could just be the NH league? I think my chasers will do well to complete 50% of their races as they are just flat horses who have had a season over fences. In trialing the mistakes they make are often and BIG. But when they put it in a good, never perfect, round then they are impressive in my trials.

I would nominate:

1.)Upwards is my 4yo hurdler, though I hope to upload another next week :o He is the only one of my horses so far to have come up through bumpers.

2.)Dad Would Know is my best horse in the whole squad, I have no doubts about that. She was average over hurdles in trials but over fences jumps well, jinx, and wins 9/10 times in good fashion.

3.)Creme Da La and Nutted Me will run at 2m over hurdles but they will be aimed at handicaps. Which handicaps depends how good, or bad, they are.

4.)Hermione and Africa are my 2m5 chase horses and will be in handicaps.

5.)Northern Lights and Night Time are both 3m hurdlers who simply cant complete a race over fences! Could be better than average but im led to believe that flat yards struggle in staying races so again just aiming at handicaps.

6.)Cheers Liz and Team Awesome(ran well in trial) are my staying chasers. Both want firm ground which is far from ideal but its all I have in the yard. If its g/s they could win a decent handicap.

I've got some space in the yard and one or two are due to come in over the next week. Im hoping they trial well and also could do with a few liking some cut as so far none of my horses do :shock:

Last edited by keithbeaky on Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:16 am
Handicapper

Hi guys,

I've been a stranger for a few seasons with only the odd brief appearence with a handful of jumpers. However, I am back now with a decent sized stable of 20 NH horses. I have no idea why I have entered them as they are all a complete bunch of no hopers!! I have only done 20 seasons of NH and my best two or three are gamebreds, thats how bad it is!! When you see them run you wont believe I used to be quite good in this league but with flat horses - actually why the heck didn't I stick to the flat?!!

Some people have mentioned times for 2m races at Cheltenham carrying 11st 8lbs - well mine are a good 2 to 3 seconds off that pace carrying 10st 8lb so doesn't take a genius to work out that I'll be having a season of pain :cry:

Is there any betting/prizes for the trainer with most fallers or last places as I'm odds on for that title!

Anyway, I just wanted to be part of the final SO4 season regardless of my lack of competetiveness. Thanks to everyone involved in getting the league going and lets have a cracking season before we all turn our attention to SO5.

Regards
Paul

Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:47 am
Group 1 winner

Great to see you back with us Paul, all the best for the season ahead.

Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:20 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next