View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 4:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Word Of Warning 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Word Of Warning
East Pier Whitby wrote:
scotty64 wrote:
mwesty1 wrote:
I did this last year and got called a brown nose so not a very nice job to do!

The problem was Mike you were highlighting others but knew you had done it yourself and never mentioned it. :roll:

Water under the bridge, new season, new start. :D

Very true.

Go suck a duck Steve

Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:37 am
Group 1 winner

Bloody kids

Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:41 am
Group 1 winner

Got 1 or 2 that are equally good over more than 1 distance. Hoping they will be running in group races but they are Michaelangelo 1m6 to 2m. Troy 2m2 to 2m4 Voice of Doom 5/6 and Unmatched 7/8f. A few of mine never ran on the flat so not sure what their best flat distance is. Just basing things on their Ck runs.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:51 am
Group 3 winner

The ratings system needs to be looked at in future I think. The rules are a bit strict regarding distances in my opinion. The rules need to be worded better also. Everyone has horses that are good over multiple distances. I think when uploading horses and asked for preferred distance it should be changed to a 2 furlong bracket not just 1 distance. For example, 5f and 6f only, 6f and 7f only, 7f and 8f only, 8f and 9f only, 9 and 10f only etc etc. That way if you were running a horse and you picked the distance of 6f and 7f only for it your horse will get a penalty then if it runs in a 5f race or any distance above 7f. At the moment I could have a 6f horse that could stay 7f and 5 would be too sharp or I could have a 6f horse who wouldn't stay 7f but could win 5f races. That's why the preferred distance needs to be a 2f bracket. I think this would help in future.

Just looking at race 7, week 1 NH. Horses from 7th to 12th are all rated 100. Horse 13th and 14th are rated 99. Horse placed 15th is rated 100. Anyone care to explain how a horse in 15th gets the same rating of the horse that placed 7th and gets a higher mark than 2 horses that finished in front of it that got 99?. They all didn't cross the line at the same time. I spotted that and some other problems in other races too.

Last edited by jupiterjimmy on Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:37 am, edited 3 times in total.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:29 am
Group 3 winner

i thought it ran quite well last seaon just needed the sprinters/milers to run within 1f

anyway lets hope it works out and everyone knows about the rule before week 2 maidens start

btw Rich what about nhc any rule changes there?

Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:31 am
Group 1 winner

jupiterjimmy wrote:
The ratings system needs to be looked at in future I think. The rules are a bit strict regarding distances in my opinion. The rules need to be worded better also. Everyone has horses that are good over multiple distances. I think when uploading horses and asked for preferred distance it should be changed to a 2 furlong bracket not just 1 distance. For example, 5f and 6f only, 6f and 7f only, 7f and 8f only, 8f and 9f only, 9 and 10f only etc etc. That way if you were running a horse and you picked the distance of 6f and 7f only for it your horse will get a penalty then if it runs in a 5f race or any distance above 7f. At the moment I could have a 6f horse that could stay 7f and 5 would be too sharp or I could have a 6f horse who wouldn't stay 7f but could win 5f races. That's why the preferred distance needs to be a 2f bracket. I think this would help in future.

Just looking at race 7, week 1 NH. Horses from 7th to 12th are all rated 100. Horse 13th and 14th are rated 99. Horse placed 15th is rated 100. Anyone care to explain how a horse in 15th gets the same rating of the horse that placed 7th and gets a higher mark than 2 horses that finished in front of it that got 99?. They all didn't cross the line at the same time. I spotted that and some other problems in other races too.

New rules have been put in another thread.

The NHC does not have a handicapper. I only do the job for the flat.

The construction kit puts in the new ratings for NHC which are incorrect.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:32 am
Group 1 winner

jupiterjimmy wrote:

There's no way a 5f horse would get anywhere near the places in a 6f race. When a horse extends beyond it's maximum stamina range it get hits by a train. However a 6f horse could theoretically do OK in a 5f race. I'd like to see SO5 expand this so sprinters are effective over 5 and 6f but at the moment it just isn't the case.

Quote:

The horses that finished above yours and were well placed and faded away. Yours was never in it so how can any handicapping information be gleaned from it? I think the game probably recognises that your horse is better than that, maybe if the pace was stronger.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:14 pm
Group 1 winner

Rich although I agree mainly with what you have said re distances I think one of Scatters' horses won G1' over 5 AND 6f last year?

I have horses this season who don't stay 1m at Ascot but 7f is too sharp at Goodwood. I also have a horse I haven't uploaded who is equally as good over 14 and 16f.

I think what we want to do is stop trainers blatantly abusing the goodwill of the league. I don't think its great that new trainers will have to go via listed races as this will put the horses that do on a mark far too high and therefore redundant for the season. I think some slack could be given to rookie trainers, but an iron fist ruled for the rest of us.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:45 pm
Group 1 winner

Too time consuming Keith.

They will learn in time.

First season is always difficult. :)

To be fair there are more maiden options now they are 3+ races.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:11 pm
Group 1 winner

Yes, the very best horses can win over both. That was a 6f horse competing over 5f, I would be happy to allow this in the current rules as 20% less than it's stamina can still be effective. It's at distances 20% more than it can cope with where the problems arise.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:02 pm
Group 1 winner

Why dont we have a handicapper for the jumps? and how would one go on and learn how to do this as i have plenty of free time on my hands and wouldn't mind if someone showed me how to do it as i not that technic lol. :shock:

Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:15 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

Because TOM is basically a nightmare for NHC handicapping...!

Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3