View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 2:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 THIS THREAD IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE QUEEN - PLEASE READ 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: THIS THREAD IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE QUEEN - PLEASE RE
yes its pitty didnt no about this b4 start

i would never cheat what is the point in that an empty victory IMO

just last year got caught with lots unraced horses that had to race at too high a level and didnt want same to happen this time

Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:51 pm
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

I did this last year with one of mine, Ran over 1m2f in a maiden to get a run, then it ran in a handicap 2nd run and smashed the field over 1m4f....then the race was taken away and the horse hit with a 44lb rise :shock: , in all honesty the horse was a listed group class horse as next time out it ran 3rd in a 17 runner group 3 over 1m4f.
So check, check and check the distances again as when you dont win many it proper stings like a bitch when you have one taken off you!! :D

Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:13 pm
Handicapper

scotty64 wrote:
ran in a handicap 2nd run and smashed the field over 1m4f....then the race was taken away and the horse hit with a 44lb rise

ouch

Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:18 pm
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
all sounds fair

the only thing is in week 1 i did race some horses 1 furlong outside best distance just to get a run
eg 1mile over 1mile1furlong

does this mean that horse has to run at 1m1f in handicaps?

because if i had known that i would have waited til week 2 maidens to get right distance

i think alot of people did what i did with some horses to get a run

did not do it to cheat the handicapper did it to get all mine a run (the Max i could run in week 1)
still have 9 unraced for week 2 maidens (will make sure they run at best distance)

You should be able to put this horse into a one mile maiden in week 2, there are two lots of the same races in wk 1 and wk2.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:57 pm
Group 1 winner

scotty64 wrote:
I did this last year with one of mine, Ran over 1m2f in a maiden to get a run, then it ran in a handicap 2nd run and smashed the field over 1m4f....then the race was taken away and the horse hit with a 44lb rise :shock: , in all honesty the horse was a listed group class horse as next time out it ran 3rd in a 17 runner group 3 over 1m4f.
So check, check and check the distances again as when you dont win many it proper stings like a bitch when you have one taken off you!! :D

Nice to see you can laugh about it now Scotty. Although it was a bit traumatic at the time. :)

Good advice re checking.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:00 pm
Group 1 winner

thanks Steve

Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:06 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

I have a quick question about this. I have a horse (Valkyrie) who I am not sure at what distance he is best at. I only trialed up to 1m4f but I think she will probably get further but because I havent had anything to compare it to in trials, I dont really know whether it is better at 1m5f or maybe 1m6f. If I remember rightly she is entered into a 1m5f this week so if I enter her into a 1m4f next week, will it then be handicapped on the best run and from there I am to enter it only into handicaps of that distance? I hope that makes sense!?

Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:43 pm
Group 1 winner

blazingbailey wrote:
I have a quick question about this. I have a horse (Valkyrie) who I am not sure at what distance he is best at. I only trialed up to 1m4f but I think she will probably get further but because I havent had anything to compare it to in trials, I dont really know whether it is better at 1m5f or maybe 1m6f. If I remember rightly she is entered into a 1m5f this week so if I enter her into a 1m4f next week, will it then be handicapped on the best run and from there I am to enter it only into handicaps of that distance? I hope that makes sense!?

Will be eligible for both 12f and 13f if the two maiden runs are over this distance, irrespective of which distance gets the better rating.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:57 pm
Group 1 winner

Nothing is more important than the Queen.

Long live Her Majesty

Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:03 pm
Group 1 winner

anubisrich wrote:
Nothing is more important than the Queen.

Long live Her Majesty

:lol:

Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:43 pm
Group 1 winner

Looks like some of mine will be going into group races then. They the better ones so should be fine. Just to confirm there no restrictions for group races

Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:58 pm
Group 1 winner

leonvr wrote:
Looks like some of mine will be going into group races then. They the better ones so should be fine. Just to confirm there no restrictions for group races

No restrictions

Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:27 pm
Handicapper

East Pier Whitby wrote:
Lets say you run your horse over 8f in maiden. It can run in handicap only over 8f.

If you then run in listed over 8f you can still only run over 8f.

If you then run in listed over say 7f you can then run over both 7f and 8f.

I was unclear of this rule. I thought if my horse ran in an 8f maiden, then he would be given 1 furlong + or - of 8f for handicap races. Meaning he can run 7f, 8f, or 9f. I better stay away from handicap races as I'm sure I'll screw something up.

Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:15 am
Group 1 winner

Blimey, this handicapping has opened up a can of worms, was there such blatant handicap issues last season with people attempting to dupe the ratings by running a horse over a furlong or 2 either way to be able to win a handicap later on ???? I will admit my placement of horses might suggest something similar but this was more down to my inability to place horses correctly and to get a run, so I had something to watch.

We know in S04 that Scatters horses on the flat will destroy most.

So what are we all aiming for, virtual money, virtual bragging rights, virtual prestige ??? or something to look forward too, twice a week and a little bit of fun.

I think the effort put in by the league chaps is admirable, but the fundamental issue is, it is still a GAME, we cannot make virtual into reality and maybe this is something, a lot of people are trying to do, no harm in getting it as close to real life as possible, but WE all have to understand it is a game and the limitations that brings.

Please note this is just my thoughts and opinion, meaning, don't get upset anyone :lol:

EDIT: Wow this does pale into insignificance, compared to whats going on on the other post :?

Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2