View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 5:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 UKRA week 5 reviews 
Group 1 winner

Post UKRA week 5 reviews
Very poor week for me

no winners (but got 2 places in group races)
1x 2nd (Avatorr ran a cracker)
3 x 3rds
2 x 5th

all in all a bad week ground might have been an issue

well done to all winners and placers
and thanks as usuall to the management for the hard work put in appreciate it as always

Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:45 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Post Re: UKRA week 5 reviews
4 winners, 3 seconds and a few other placed runners. Had two win with big weights which is promising.

The softer ground did help though

Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:12 pm
Group 1 winner

The pace in the flat league makes it pretty much a joke.

Thank god for the NH. :D

Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:07 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

1 winner for me . 3rd in both 1000 guineas and 2000 guineas well pleased with that.

Well done to all other winners and placers.

Thanks to all who made the races possible this week, top job guys!

Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:28 am
Group 1 winner

The Duke wrote:
The pace in the flat league makes it pretty much a joke.

Thank god for the NH. :D

Would like to see SO5 having better pacemakers that have some chance of winning when exported and entered in the league because at the moment there are no pacemakers because they are never good enough in trials.

Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:33 am
Group 1 winner

I should probably be happy with mine. But to finish second in two classics, go clear over 2f out in a third albeit to get caught in the last 50 yards to finish 4th and Dark Is Upon Us to get blocked twice in running in the Dante I am quite disappointed at the same time,. Anyway a quick rundown.

Rhino was well suited by the ground in the Irish Derby but Im glad he also showed he is a good horse. Scatters' horse deserved to win after finding trouble in running but I would've taken his horse getting no run at all. Epsom might be too quick for him as will the ground, but will line up in the Derby. Would be a big lay for me!

Killer Instinct ran his heart out in the 2000 Guineas, stepping up from winning a handicap last week, and once again that pesky Scatters prevents me from G1 glory and another classic too. Puck you(SHH), John :twisted: He would hold a chance in the Irish 2000 but feel his best chance will come in the St James Palace.

Have A Go went clear in the 1000 Guineas but sadly didn't last home. She wants 7f at Ascot and didn't see out the last half furlong at HQ. So I doubt she has any chance at the Curragh, especially with underfoot conditions, but it wont do her any harm being entered.

Can You Feel It won a good handicap and must go to the Gold Cup vying for favouritism imo.

Away Away ran very well off a big weight in the Chester Cup. Dont think the tight track suited and she did well to finish 4th on ground that she wont have liked either. She several 2m2 races on her radar, all at Group level.

Out of the rest I had the usual 3rd's and 4th's which mean rises in the weights for not winning. I know I sound a bit down and ungrateful but a few of mine are too consistent without winning and to go oh so close in THREE classics is hard to take. Although I am delighted the horses showed their true class.

Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:04 am
Group 2 winner

4 winners for me 3 H'caps & 1 G3
2 Seconds
So happy with that best week this season
Horses coming into form with Ascot in a couple of weeks

Well done to all the other winners & placers

Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:59 am
Handicapper

Struggling in the Flat this season but I did manage 2 wins in handicap company to bring my total to 6 so far.
Special Dream stepped up from 8f to 9f burst out the stalls and grabbed the rail, always handy it took up the running with 5f to go and opened up a 3L lead, although the pack were closing in rapidly in the final furlong it was too late my horse just held on to pinch the race.
Yukon was also stepped up from 8f to 9f in the last race of the day for 2y/o's and used the same tactic of coming out quick and grabbing the rail, always handy I thought it was going to drop away with 3f to go but it battled back and got its head in front with half a furlong to go and held on by a sht-hd from the fast finishing Practicality.

Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:59 am
Group 1 winner

Yeah! I should go away more often, Picked up my first wins (2) of the season, all be it in lowly handicaps and Si Gracias winning his 1.6f by 5 lengths obviously the benefit of the handicapper :wink: has been put in the Coronation Cup this week, but I think more for the connections day out than any chance. The other was my 2yo Amante Trouble picking up a 7f HC after zipping around Chester

Also Thought Tar Mangled Banner giving between 3/6lbs to everyone, in the Temple Stakes ran a good race for a 4yo, she will continue to contest all those lovely 5f big Sprints.

Also picked a winner up in the NHC, so a good Easter for me.

Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]