View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 4:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 TOM not being updated 
Handicapper

Post TOM not being updated
Hi guys

Before I continue, this is not a criticism of how the league is run (and anyone who is still around from the SO2 days will know this).

I have just noticed in another thread that TOM was not updated again and my entry in the Welsh National is actually rated 134 not 119.

There is absolutely no way I would have entered this horse in the race if I had known his true rating. I am restricted to running in handicaps due to the poor quality of my horses. As such, if TOM is not being updated I'm not sure how I am meant to enter horses with any confidence.

Can we at least be told that TOM, or certain races in TOM have not had ratings updated please?

Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:59 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: TOM not being updated
Was this from the Hennessey race?

Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:00 pm
Group 1 winner

I believe Rich when i was doing the chepstow preveiws i started a thread about some horses who where rated just 100 after winning a listed chase. In the welsh national i pulled Grand Theft Auto out of the race on saturday because i realised if he had run he had no chance giving Rollin Thunder weight as Rollin Thunder who won the listed race was only rated 100 as was Red Rum Who Finished second and i believe the horse that pst193 is on about is Flames and Stars who finished third in that race was at the time rated 119 but after the thread i believe the ratings was changed last night but should of been done before the end of declarations.

Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:18 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Handicapper

Hi Rich

No it wasnt the Hennessy, it was Race 28 from Week 5 (Betfred Sports Listed Chase). Horse was Flames And Stars.

I didnt have much time for entries so just saw he was rated 119 and stuck him in the Welsh National. Saw today that TOM was not updated and he is actually rated 134 and will be near top weight and now has no chance. I would have ran Please Call if I had known the true rating. Please Call would have had a great chance too :x

Im still not sure Please Call's rating is correct either (has not gone up with the Hennessy 4th, but someone said it was correct, so I didnt complain!)

Anyway, its done now and as an old timer in the league I probably should have known better :oops:

Regards
Paul

Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:24 pm
Group 1 winner

I thought Hemz posted to say the Welsh National weights would be fine? I think there was a problem entering the result into TOM but Rollin Thunder is due to carry top weight I think.

Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:44 am
Handicapper

Hi Keith

Yes the weights will be fine - i.e. updated for the race, but the point was that when entering the race, ratings on TOM were not updated so looked like my horse was 119, when it was actually 134. Thus having no chance now!

Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:02 pm
Group 3 winner

Don't think anyone realised till it was too late but I will double check the races in future to make sure it doesnt happen again

Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:22 pm
Handicapper

Top man David, cheers

Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]