View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 8:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Horse Sharing Question 
Handicapper

Post Horse Sharing Question
On the general discussion forum I have started a thread where people can upload their horses to be downloaded and used by other people. I state VERY CLEARLY in the first post right at the top that any horses downloaded from that thread cannot be used in the league or used to breed horses for the league, and that doing so will get you banned from said league. The majority of people in the thread are not interested in league breeding and are only playing the game for the single-player experience.

There has been concern raised by Mwesty who says that, if someone enters a horse descended from a shared/downloaded animal into the league and they are detected, then both they and the person who uploaded the horse will be kicked out of the league. Now, this does not sound right to me, because it is easy to tell if someone has been publicly sharing horses, which is not a crime, or privately sharing horses which is, by checking the first post of my thread to see if the horse was uploaded publicly. If it was a public upload, then surely the original owner of the horse cannot be held accountable for the idiot who downloaded it and tried to sneak a descendant past the detection software of the league? Surely?

I'd just like a definitive answer on this, so that people who are going to be playing for the league know whether they are safe to upload their horses or not. It would be a huge shame if they couldn't, because their horses are an invaluable resource to the rest of us who just play for fun.

Thanks guys!

Fri May 25, 2012 1:43 am
Group 3 winner

Post Re: Horse Sharing Question
I`d love to give a definative answer but even after 4 seasons i still feel like a noob in the league.

I think as it`s stated not to be used in league there should be no problem and tbh think it`s a good idea if done right. What may become a problem later as the league approaches and people start to formulate their stables for the league is the downloading and comparing of good horses aka monsters. Think this is a bigger problem in the flat racing league and I don`t really have much to do with that so can`t go deeper.

After a little thought, it may even be a good thing for the league in a way, maybe having a couple of special races for best colaborate breedings. Who knows? Would definately bring more people to the league.

Fri May 25, 2012 3:10 am
Handicapper

Could not agree more with everything said here. Fair enough on the sharing breeding for leagues, (even though for me, this is even a good idea, if regulated properly) I know of other league trainers that think the same!

Surely if I was to give one of my good horses I wouldn't be accountable, this definitely puts me off Sabella's great idea.

If it comes back as a generally OK with everyone else, I will definitely put some on

Fri May 25, 2012 6:36 am
Group 1 winner

Its not allowed. You will be banned. You have been warned.

For trainers who have no intention of entering the league it is fine. But I dont see why you wouldnt want to enter the league really.

Fri May 25, 2012 10:04 am
Handicapper

keithbeaky wrote:
Its not allowed. You will be banned. You have been warned.

For trainers who have no intention of entering the league it is fine. But I dont see why you wouldnt want to enter the league really.

Okay, that's not really an answer. I and everyone else know you can't share horses within the league!

And people are free to play the game however they like, I'm not coming in here saying 'I don't see why anyone would want to enter the league' am I? Honestly, I'm getting bloody well tired of the attitudes of some people on here! 'You have been warned' :roll:

@ Redeyez & Dragontrainer - Thankyou for your input, guys, I don't blame you for being wary about sharing. I don't want to get anyone kicked out of the league unfairly, which is why I'm trying to get some clarification on this issue. I'm beginning to think nobody has a definitive answer, only opinions.

Fri May 25, 2012 1:17 pm
Group 1 winner

Im pretty scared.

To be honest you've already had your question/s answered by Rich. There could be more discussion on this but as stated weeks ago it is far too hard to regulate this for the league. So for that reason you could find yourself in a bit of bother if you are sharing horses then plan on entering the league.

So although I wasn't too precise in my previous answer if you have NO intention of entering the league whatsoever then share horses. But if you think you might enter the league then I wouldn't bother at all. Basically you will have to start breeding all over again as ANY trace of another trainers horse will get you banned. So is it really worth it? As for you making your horses available for others and then their offspring ending up in the league then I dont think the majority of trainers will be too happy that someone has used horses other than his own to speed up his breeding program.

I take it you aren't entering the league, Sabella?

Fri May 25, 2012 1:30 pm
Group 1 winner

i have only shared 1 of my horses so far
i have not or will not be downloading anyone else horses
the only thing that is of concern Keith is you have said anyone involved will be kicked out
if that is the case i wont be posting anymore of my horses (sorry lads)
to be kicked out of the lge for someone abusing your good faith is unfair but i guess we all no the score now

Fri May 25, 2012 1:44 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Its not my decision, nor am I an authority on this, but Im sure Rich posted saying trainers sharing horses which then turned up in the league would be kicked out?

Yeah, the problem is cliques form and they only share (good) horses between themselves. This creates a cartel of success (often more than one cartel) and the ordinary punter is left far behind.

I would love to be able to throw open the doors but unfortunately it's too tricky.

Fri May 25, 2012 1:48 pm
Group 1 winner

So you aren't in the league? You can have my horses before I go away in 4 weeks. They will be the nuts

Fri May 25, 2012 3:48 pm
Group 1 winner

keithbeaky wrote:
So you aren't in the league? You can have my horses before I go away in 4 weeks. They will be the nuts

have you not completely contradicted your original statement by saying now you are going to share horses :lol:

Fri May 25, 2012 4:10 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Not that im aware of

Fri May 25, 2012 4:46 pm
Group 1 winner

only messing keith

rich has cleared the whole issue up he says person who owns file will not be kicked out just person who miss uses it

Fri May 25, 2012 4:51 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Originally I just skimmed through the posts and thought it was just a general question, apologies.

Im away for 3 months anyway so have no chance come the first season as after next week I am either too busy punting, enjoying the weather(curse) or sorting out the finer details of my holiday.

Fri May 25, 2012 4:59 pm
Group 1 winner

100% the person that shares their horses is fine.

The person who enters the horse with another's in the bloodline is at fault and will be punished accordingly. I hope you appreciate that I cannot accept "sorry I forgot" as an excuse.

Fri May 25, 2012 6:49 pm
Group 1 winner

anubisrich wrote:
100% the person that shares their horses is fine.

The person who enters the horse with another's in the bloodline is at fault and will be punished accordingly. I hope you appreciate that I cannot accept "sorry I forgot" as an excuse.

Absolutely

Fri May 25, 2012 6:59 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next