View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 7:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 The League in SO5 
Handicapper

Post Re: The League in SO5
DocHay wrote:
scrap the one distance rule, totally unrealistic

guineas winner can run in the derby imo

some restrictions in handicaps maybe but group horses should be able to run at whatever distance the trainer wants, as everyone is saying, horses in so5 are much more versatile distance wise, common sense should be pretty simple to impliment, a horse running over 5f in maidens then stepping up to 1m2 for a handicap is easy to throw out.

I like the idea that you could run in 1m maidens and get a nice mark for a 1m2 handicap, if everyone can do it then there is no unfair advantage and it adds realism to the league aswell.

I agree that Group horses should be able to change distance as it would be good to see horses stepped up to face a different challenge, but I dont agree with the last bit. You would just end up with everyone having false ratings, making maidens somewhat pointless in the first place.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:22 am
Group 1 winner

but I dont agree with the last bit. You would just end up with everyone having false ratings, making maidens somewhat pointless in the first place.

Without a handicapper you will get false ratings any way so all maidens will be pointless.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:15 am
Profile YIM WWW
Group 3 winner

Not necessarily, the top trainers wont be interested in getting a handicap mark, if they have a 1m2 horse it will be in a 1m2 maiden, maidens could be split between horses who are there to win and those who are out for a mark as in real life, if the "top trainers" horse dosent make the grade they will have to go for handicaps against the smaller trainers whos horses might be well handicapped. So it might be a little leveller between the division of trainers that people are assuming there will be.

I think if it was allowed, everyone would have a good chance of a winner at some point and as ive said, it makes the league more realistic.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:09 pm
Handicapper

Just to be clear, there has never been any restrictions on distance for graded and listed races. The restrictions were only for handicap races. Graded horses can fluctuate and run any distance they want any week.

Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:27 pm
Group 1 winner

Doza wrote:
Just to be clear, there has never been any restrictions on distance for graded and listed races. The restrictions were only for handicap races. Graded horses can fluctuate and run any distance they want any week.

This is right, Guineas winner can definitely run in the Derby.

I would be very surprised if a horse won both in the League. If you have a horse that is your best one at a mile and 1m4f then it's more likely your other horses are poor.

This schedule thing is very tricky :lol:

Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:06 pm
Group 1 winner

I think that last seasons schedule needs a bit of trimming and refining, can you use that as a base to start with? Or is it a whole new schedule?

Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:53 pm
Group 3 winner

will there be real commentary because that would be amazing

Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:22 pm
Group 1 winner

keithbeaky wrote:
I think that last seasons schedule needs a bit of trimming and refining, can you use that as a base to start with? Or is it a whole new schedule?

I think that this is probably the way to go. Is everyone happy with me cutting down on the "weird" distance races like 9f, 11f etc?

Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:12 pm
Handicapper

anubisrich wrote:
keithbeaky wrote:

I think that this is probably the way to go. Is everyone happy with me cutting down on the "weird" distance races like 9f, 11f etc?

Its a big yes from me...

Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:05 am
Handicapper

anubisrich wrote:
keithbeaky wrote:

Absolutely

Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:23 am
Group 1 winner

keenanbrown wrote:
will there be real commentary because that would be amazing

There has been in previous seasons but need people to step up and do it now as all of the trainers have retired or taking a break.

Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:27 am
Group 3 winner

i would love to do it but i just dont know how to commentate in horse racing..im just a newbie.lol...hope some people will commentate though this season that would be great..

Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:10 pm
Handicapper

I will do some comms, enjoyable!

Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:12 pm
Group 1 winner

Always good getting real comms done. Really adds to the race. I hope to do more of that this season, if we can cut the schedule down a bit it's makes it a lot quicker to run and therefore leaves more time.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5