View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 5:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 League Breeding guide for Newbies 
Group 1 winner

Post League Breeding guide for Newbies
My Lge Secrets for newbies

first thing is to pick 1 distance to aim at gets too complicated doing different distances at once (so lets say I pick 1m4f)

first thing I do is look what are my best 1m4f filly/mares in other games I have running
pick your 6 best filly/mares transfer to game pool

ok what I do is start new game simple training cos you get around 3million when sell game horses so you
don’t have to worry about money at start

goto 2yo auction end of season make sure you save game last day of season

look for 1m4 2yo that have a guide of over 1million
buy all the 1m4f 2yo that cost over a million you might get 1 you might get 3
if there are no 1m4f 2yo ctrl alt del end task reload so5 go back to auction
dont worry 2yo are completely different each time you reload

once you have bought 2yo look at there stats on day 1 of season
you are looking for something with about 80% potential bar (that goes up anyway until they are 5 so at 5 they will
have 100% potential also make sure the 2yo other stats are fairly decent if they are not ctrl alt delete and go back
to auction (this can take a bit of time but I found a superstar 2yo sprinter with amazing stats so they are out there
it takes me on average 5 - 10 auctions to find a star horse with good stats
( this horse is going to be your stallion so be patient until you get right horse with right stats)

ok once you are happy and you have a 2yo with great stats transfer in your 6 mares
breed all 6 from your 2yo you bought in auction

you may want to play a season or 2 with this 2yo b4 you start breeding but not important I myself
get started straight away

ok so you have now started your breeding operation you will have to wait 2 years for the 2yo's to come out
once you get 2yo look at there stats and they should have allot of the fathers good stats the stats go up anyway when they get older

I then give my 2yo's 3 runs maiden listed or g3 then a g1 target so if you are breeding 1m4f horses your target would be criterium st cloud 1m2f g1

basically now you need to rush though a few seasons and at the end of your homebreds 3yo 4yo 5yo career export them
I also export them at 2 but copy and save my 2yo I copy and paste into a separate folder
make sure you export them with full condition (Important)

again as b4 save the game last day of season this is important

ok we have now exported our horses now we need to trial them
make sure you have a pacemaker saved and set ck to ascot good 3yo up open G1

I run about 5 races and if one constantly runs the best time
I go back to game export him and transfer him/her into other games

it takes a bit of time but in a week I took over a second off my best 6f time
and breeding my best sprinter with average 1m2f horse gave me the quickest mile time any1 has posted so far

the above gives you a chance but you have to put the time in
I usually do the above in 2 games so have 2 families of good horses then transfer the best out of each family
this keeps breeding fresh because it can go stale very quickly

always keep copies of your horses in game pool because you can breed other distances from these ck horses
for example i bred an adverage 1m2f ck horse wayne heemmingway with my best ck sprint fillies and i am get great milers now
i have only just done a day on milers and have taken 0.75secs off my best time

copying good ck horses into game pool is so important

multiple copies of 1 horse is possible

i save game 4 days from end then retire horse to game pool start season then ctrl alt del

go back to 4days ago tranfer horse in now you have 2 copies of same horse in your game

so eg i have galileo & galileo II i then trnafer both to game pool i now have 4 copies and so on

hope this is helpful its prob not a good read as i just wrote it all in one go while i could remember everything but will do for now

UPDATED
PPS Your times in CK wil get better and better every couple of seasons BUT breeding can go stale i have noticed once a mare in barn is over 10 her stats are awfull and they start producing poor horses

How do you no when this happend?

when a mare gets to 10 i put there 2yo up for sale and unnless they reach over 1million i sell them on and if it happends the next year i retire the mare she has served her purpose.

if i have a good ck performer i keep a copy and retire to stud and continue racing career with the original

if you hit the wall like i did the other day i start again but at a different distance and transfer in your 6 best feamle horses and cross

eg 1m4f ck superstar filly i would cross her with a good sprinter 6f = 1m2 bred horse

P.S. if any of the other experienced trainers want to add to this guide please feel free

Last edited by pjrhodes1970 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:48 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Post Re: League Breeding guide for Newbies
Cheers for this Paul. I don't think they're 'secrets' anymore though!

Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:51 am
Group 1 winner

well secrets to a newbie ha ha

secrets was prob wrong word

but some decent info in there though

Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:54 am
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Just to let you know PJR I have had some pretty decent horses come out of mares in their teens. As far as I can remember they havent beaten my best times (generally around 0.2secs off) BUT they have still given me some quality fillies that I can use for breeding.

Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:14 am
Selling plater

Do u make multiple copies of good horses in the same game I have one horse I have copied 10 or so Times by running 2 games and transfer 6 form 1 to the other each season this leads to inter breeding is they any rules about this or dose it have any negative affects also are in game times quicker than ck cause have Berkeley setting 108.00 for 6f but no better than 110.00 in ck

Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:37 pm
Group 1 winner

I've never actually done this, what a n00b!

BUT I'd still say a super game colt/stallion, 15+ G1's with some great times too, should improve your horses a lot very quickly. Do you do this, Paul?

Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:40 pm
Group 1 winner

Have loads of good horses coming out of mares 15 and up. Wouldn't have my 2.31 12f horse if I had followed this advice. The stallion was 21 and mare 17 when they produced my best 10/12 f horse. It really depends on the horse. If the mare fails to produce after 4 foals then I normally get rid of her even if she has won over 10 group 1's

Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]