View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 7:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 TOM 11 - Edit Horse & View Stable 
Handicapper

Post TOM 11 - Edit Horse & View Stable
OK I think we are getting close to the last bit of testing of the critical horse management functions. There will be additional functionality we will want down the track but the critical functions are upload, delete, edit, retire and transfer.

You can now test all the management functions. As there is only one league, transfer option is not available but the button should work.

The edit function is now ready for testing and should allow you to edit/change details of horses. You can't edit the horse name or age - this is generated from the file name.

I've added a little bit more polish to the Stable View - age/sex details are now shown in full while I've also added an image which will display if there are any trainer comments about a particular horse. If the image displays, hover your mouse over the horse name/comment image and the details will display. Unfortunately, the hover function isn't supported on iPads, iPhones etc.

I'm happy to leave the horse management at that for the moment. The next focus will be races, race schedule and race entry. I may get on to that by the weekend if not, early next week.

Assuming we are happy with that, once the testing is finished, we should have a basic version of TOM ready to go.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:33 am
Group 3 winner

Post Re: TOM 11 - Edit Horse & View Stable
just tried the edit horse button and i changed my colt horse named worth bay to a filly and changed his distance to 5f which was 1m4 before.then i was able to changed it back to normal without any problems at all..looks like all the horse management buttons work perfect..love the new display of age/sex of horses in full now..great work dodgy..

Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:57 am
Handicapper

Thanks for that. I'm sure there will be things we find that need to be fixed but so far so good.

Just to add a couple of comments.

1. I've used the NH convention re use of filly/colt (correct me if I'm wrong but as I understand it, the NH use the terms filly & colt up to and including 4 yos).

2. I've reset all options to true EXCEPT transfer, increased max stable size to 10 and max retirements to 2. These should automatically be reflected in your ability to manage your stable.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:00 am
Group 2 winner

I tried Bashoosha from a 6f filly to a 1m2f colt & changed it back ok edit works fine

Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:27 am
Group 1 winner

Dodgy

Management functions are all working great. I was able to edit horse details without any problems and can confirm that the transfer button is working.
Just a bit of nitpicking here. When I added some notes about a horse (Panning For Gold), I noticed that trainer comments are limited to 90 characters, including spaces. Will that be enough for trainers who like to give a bit of information about their horses?

Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]