View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 2:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 National Hunt 
Group 1 winner

Post National Hunt
Right the important thing is that we moving forward. I'm waiting for Dave to contact me to see where we stand with TOm. If i can help him in implementing stuff I will be happy to so so.

On the NH side we require some staff members. Matt has agreed to be race secretary again, but we are in need of one more secretary so I'm looking for a volunteer.

As handicapping is very time consuming I'm looking to have handicappers in place for the first two weeks only. This should ensure that the ratings coming out of the maidens are fair. The ck should do an ok job thereafter. We need two handicappers one for chase and one for hurdles. Hemz has agreed to fill one role so I still need one handicapper.

The bookmaking role will filled be by Del.

Here is a link for the schedule. Its last seasons schedule. And Ignore the weather remarks.

Can I get some feedback on the schedule and if people are happy to proceed with this schedule. I'm for making minor changes. Like adding one or two maiden races to the schedule later in the season

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?jn3o45iove04y8u

Things I want to implement.
I want there to be a leading training log for NH on both wins and prize money. I will make sure this is done.

I want to publish a newsletter each week. We will need contributers. Any other ideas for this will be great. I am happy to run this but if someone wishes to volunteer for the role that would be great

I would like there to be a tipping competition. But I will see if we can implement this in Tom. So it updates automatically. Its not practical to run it on the forum.

I want emphasize placed on the Moores challenge in memory of Paul. And I may look at increasing the value of win in any of these races for the leading training log. Any ideas here would be good.

Any other ideas would be welcome. If we can implement them we will try.

All in all. The league should be ready to roll as soon as Tom is ready. I will be able to provide more information on that front once I have been in contact with Dave.

It should be a very exciting season. Most of the top trainers have retired so if you a new trainer now is the time to get involved

If you have any ideas or want to volunteer let your feelings be known

Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:09 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: National Hunt
I also want to have commentaries. If need be I will do some myself. But volunteers for this would be good

Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:14 pm
Group 1 winner

Leon I just want ask about the moores Challenge last season I had a chaser Grand Theft Auto who won one of the qualifiers the only problem he won over 3m 5f the final was over 4 miles which he didn't stay so didn't run in the final so could we either have the qualifiers around the same distance as the final or have two finals one over 3m 5f and one over 4miles .

I would like to get involved maybe in the handicapping side

Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:45 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

The distance spread is much bigger in NH. You horse would be able to run in the 4 mile race. a 5f spread is fine in NH

Great. My email address is on the forum. Just email me and I will fill you in with the handicapping role. I'm for trying handicapping for the first two weeks only but let me know if you feel different about this.

Let me know about the maidens later in the season. Ideally I don't want the schedule to have more than 30 races in a week but most weeks have 28 so there is a space for a few more races. But suggestions would be good

Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:52 pm
Group 1 winner

Tipping Competition

I would love to Nominate a Certain race Each week where all trainers could tip.
This would be done on the forums I will pick out a Race could even be a minor Novice Hurdle or a major race like the Racing Post Trophy whatever race I think it could be hard to pick a winner and have a points System I will also preview the race in question.

I have plenty of time on my hands so I can update and is online everyday.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:52 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

What could be good if it's possible in TOM is having maybe 2 runners or more in certain races. Grand National and other big races, happens in real life it should happen in the league.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:57 pm
Group 1 winner

Sorry leon but the only E-mail I found of yours @yahoo didn't work heres mine its grayham37@hotmail.com yes that's right my name is Grayham gray for short lol so call me Gray

Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:08 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

Two runners in Grand National is a definite yes from me. Maybe some of the other big handicaps as well such as the Welsh National. If we can get an idea on which races people would like 2 nominees for that would be good. Obviously the second horse will not take place of someone's horse who has only one entry. But if we can get 40 runners for the national that would be brilliant

Tipping competition will be great. Ideally I want to have some code written so that the leader board updates automatically. But a nominated race every week will be brilliant

Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:10 pm
Group 1 winner

Hemz wrote:
What could be good if it's possible in TOM is having maybe 2 runners or more in certain races. Grand National and other big races, happens in real life it should happen in the league.

This could solve a few problems stop having small fields etc. plus we could have if lots of trainers want two runners in the national aslong as all trainers who want to enter a horse have done so and say we only got 36 the next 4 Vacant slots could be given to the most higher handicapped horses.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:12 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

Leon now that S05 have hunter chaser's perhaps we should think about having a couple added on later in the season two weeks before the festival but horses will be restricted to a Certain Ratings Brand say under 90 or 100 and must of run in at least 3 chase's to qualify.

Just thought i put that out there see what you think and others. :lol:

Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:02 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

With regards to Hunter Chasers.

We could look at restricting entry to Hunter Chaser races like the FoxHunters to horses who have not run in group races. This may enable smaller trainers to get a winner on Cheltenham day.

Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]